“This must be the best....”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #25 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Bombay. India
“This must be the best....”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great hotel.
Very good suites with view of river from bedroom, living and the balcony, very good bathroom with bath tub and separate shower, fast wifi, well equipped pantry, fast lifts,spacious lobby, spacious restaurant and bar, scenic outdoor sitting right facing the river, vast range of food in breakfast, yummy food in lunch and dinner, reasonably priced bakery shop serving snacks, cakes and wines and top of all hotel has very warm staff in front office and housekeeping.

They serve very nice buffet dinner every night that's just terrific. Great food and vast menu.

They also have boat shuttle.

Suits for stay for family and business, equally.
This must be the best.
It is my 'best' surely.

Room Tip: Room numbers ending with 8 and 12 have good privacy, great view of the river from bedroom, living an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Surender-India

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,193)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Room rate was reasonable for a 2-bedroom with breakfast (great when you have teenage children). We had a superb river view - the night view was absolutely stunning! My family enjoyed the complimentary shuttle boat service that brings us almost directly to BTS Saphan Taksin station.

Walee from Front Desk, was most helpful. She suggested an optional room from the service apartment when we checked in early in the morning and our room at the hotel was not ready. She brought us directly to the suggested room for viewing, however, we chose to check in later in the hotel. Later that day, she personally brought us to our confirmed room when we checked in and helped us move to another room when my husband requested for a change of view. This was done with much efficiency and coordination. I am very impressed by the professional service and warm hospitality. My best check-in experience! Will be back!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

When the only complaint you have is that the room keys become demagnetised, you have hit the jackpot. Beautiful, peaceful hotel, with every luxury amenity you could imagine. Yet for absolutely reasonable prices. Beautiful swimming pool, comfortable beds, good fast Wifi, and outstanding, professional service. An oasis of calm after the crazy energies of Bangkok. A little outside the centre, but easily accessible via ferry (the preferred mode of transport into the tourist areas and the historic downtown). Also easily accessible via free ferry to Sathon pier, and thus the Skytrain. We could not recommend this hotel more highly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gleider H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel from the 16 July to the 18th July 2014. Booked direct with the hotel and was given a favorable rate that beat what I could get online (Thai rate which was also given to my friends on holiday!). The Chatrium Riverside Hotel is located right on the Riverside as the name indicates. The check in staff were extremely welcoming and efficient. The check in was completed in the 1 bedroom suite after we were shown the rooms. The rooms our well presented with nice furniture bedroom Kitchenette and bathroom with separate shower and bath. The room was immaculately clean with a perfect view of the river from the 9th floor.
I travel a lot as I work as an expat and this hotel certainly lived up to its 5 star standard. It is by far the best hotel I have used in the past year for service, cleanliness, room standard and location. The free boat to the BTS and river boat stations was a plus for me as it allowed us to explore Bangkok without using taxis.
I seldom mention people specifically by name as it singles out one person for what is in fact a team effort. However I would like to thank Walee the Assistant Front Office Manager who is the person who I dealt with for hotel check in and check out. She is to be highly commended for her efficient, professional and courteous service she extended me, my wife and friends, visiting from the UK, who I took to the hotel.
The bed was extremely comfortable with a TV in the bedroom and in the sitting room. Did not use either as there was too much to do in the hotel and surrounding area. As soon as I hit the bed I slept as the bed was so nice.
We ate in the hotel both nights which has 2 dining facilities. The international buffet and a la carte on the first floor and another restaurant on the 36th floor which we did not try. My wife ate off the al carte and I had the buffet dinner both nights. The BBQ / grill station and the tempura station are worth a mention.
I have made some positive and negative reviews on this site but the standard of this hotel staff and incidentally The clientele makes it my first choice in the future. Outstanding Family Hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a river view if you can. We stayed in room 909 river view. I think you can not go wrong which...
1 Thank mapraow
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It is relaxing and luxury place to enjoy city and have romantic holiday. Pool is amazing and my wife loved the place. We will come back again in hospitality of Thailand. Nice people and polite staff and the pool and balcony to sit and relax, the rite choice for Bangkok.

Room Tip: honeymoon room is amazing
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lennox Head, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend Chatrium Riverside for its courteous friendly respectful treatment of all guests, it's location on the river with fabulous river and city views and easy boat access to many if the major sites, it's free shuttle boat to the efficient inexpensive user friendly light rail, delightful pool and gardens, spacious comfortable rooms, extensive international breakfast and good value. To top off this high praise, they offered me very late free check out as I haves midnight flight . That really made my time here and I've enjoyed three nights and three full days .

I took a one bedroomed suite with river views and that's what I'll be booking again next time.

While not a fan of large accommodation places and not five star perhaps in term of room decor, the service and location are exceptional, the rooms are comfortable and spacious and the price is a fraction of the best accommodation places.

I will definitely stay here again .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TravellerFaye
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We decided to pick the Chatrium instead of one of the downtown hotels because of the recent coup and martial law. And what a terrific choice.

we had a two bedroom riverview suite - it was simply terrific. loved sitting in the balcony and watching the barges go by.

the hotel staff were extremely nice and attentive. i would definitely pay for the daily breakfast buffet.

there's a convenience store in the complex - so we stocked the fridge with stuff for the kids and lots of beer. there are also a bunch of cool street food carts and hole-in-the-wall restaurants right outside with just terrific and cheap food choices. The Asiatique mall is less than half a mile walk. And there's a vegetable market rght there -- so you get more street food.

we were travelling with kids - 8 and 12 - and they loved it too. having the pool was a big benefit.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room. Higher the better - since you get some terrific views
2 Thank PhillyFan436