The Heritage Bangkok
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$371
US$293
1,632 results
All reviewschong nonsi bts stationmodern designstreet foodnight markettrainskyline
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Service was very poor here, no one seemed very enthusiastic about doing their job. When our group arrived in the middle of the night, two hotel workers stood around not doing anything while one worker checked in the two couples ahead of us, thereby causing an unnecessary, and unappreciated delay in us getting to our rooms. In the morning, a receptionist wouldn't help us by breaking a 1000 baht note from the ATM into smaller bills so we could pay our taxi driver. Our room was dark and dingy, it also had an unpleasant musty/stale cigarette smell. The level of maintenance was poor--upon arrival, we discovered our sink was leaking. Very noisy area, so be sure to bring ear plugs. Our room was not well restocked by the housekeeping crew--we had to go ask for more soap, and we ran out of toilet paper (there are two dispensers on the bathroom wall, one was out of paper and not replaced, and then the other one ran out of paper). The towels were threadworn and stained. The breakfast buffet was just so-so, strangely, all of it was served indoors, except an egg station outside which was not being managed by anyone. Drinks were overpriced--almost $4 to be served a draft beer at the rooftop garden. The hotel is located close to a BTS station which is nice. Internet worked well. Rooftop lounge area is nice.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CourtneyMD
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This is my second trip to The Heritage, Bangkok. My first trip has been memorable, so I decided to come back for second. The hotel is as I remembered it, although now a bit older, pillows a little flatter, sheets a little less pristine. Staff is friendly as always, but I just wish they would freshen up the place a little. The pool though, is still as lovely as I remember it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have stayed there several times now and I find a real good deal for my money. The Hotel is ideally situated in the Silom area, right next to BTS Station. The rooms a spacious and modern in design. The internet is somewhat dodgy but its certainly good enough for surfing the internet. The breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations, room service is fast but I can't say I cared much for the quality of it, but with so many alternatives all around I don't think its important.

Room Tip: the rooms with the Nr. x02 are the corner apartments with a separate entre room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2011

this hotel is designed beautifully but that was all there is.
each floor is designed in different color as so the rooms.
the lobby staff was arrogant, unhelpful and patronizing.
the rooms was VERY noisy from the whole hotels a/c outside my window.
the hotel is in great location very close the BTS station.
Wi-fi never worked, very poor signal, dont rely on this one
the price was very high for what we got.
look for something else in bangkok, we ran away from this one

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This was my 4th stay at this hotel in two years and I was welcome by name and given a room upgrade which was very nice. The hotel is not old as another reviewer has stated as it was only opened five years ago. It has a bright modern, almost futuristic, look about it which make it stand out from the crowd. The rooms are large and spacious with free ADSL in every room with a nice bathroom too. Breakfast is a buffet with western and Thai choices and there's also an outdoor terrace by a waterfall which is nice. The hotel is located almost adjacent to Chong Nongsi BTS skytrain station wihc makes it really convenientbut most visitors do not realise the other side of the BTS station from the hotel there is the recently opened Dean and Deluca cafe/deli which well worth the expense to have a splurge!!

Room Tip: Each of the 4 rooms I have stayed in have been excellent
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo