Location was all about our reason for choosing The Heritage Bangkok.
Things got off to a rocky start when we were taken to rooms that were supposedly an upgrade.
When we made the booking we were concerned that HotelClub called what could only be a Corner Suite (what the hotel calls it) a junior suite, a room the hotel doesn't have. So when we checked in and got our room cards I knew my concerns had been valid when we were both taken to standard hotel rooms. Even worse, ours was a twin with two singles.
Back at the reception desk, I explained on HotelClub it had standard, deluxe then junior and that what’s what our two rooms should be. Not sure who the hotel called but we were soon in our corner suites.
Both rooms very different 502 two separate rooms, shower only; 715 one giant space with a huge bath (shower over).
The room positives - huge room, comfy bed, lots of tv channels, wired and wifi internet. The negatives - noisy aircon even on lowest setting. Because the rooms are huge takes ages to cool them down. No sheer curtains - this is an issue because corner suites have floor to ceiling glass down both sides so it's either a room of darkness or "Hello Bangkok". Rooms very worn – someone had put a big hole in the wall above our bed and it had been patched up very poorly with a bit of tape and some mismatched paint. Nowhere in the bathroom to put anything except on the vanity top. Shower temp was very up and down. One of the curtain tracks was coming off.
Good breakfast that is open really good hours – 6am to 10am. Bar in lobby open 24 hours. All three of us had massages in the Senses Spa attached to the hotel that we voted very highly. Really nice staff all through the hotel. Great roof top pool, sadly the bar is closed up there. Appears to attract a lot of gay clientele, so we never felt uncomfortable. Great restaurant Feuang Nara right across the road and Eat Me down the road (maybe 500 metres).
Watch out for charges at the bar up by the pool. 200 BHT corkage pp (plus taxes) so three cheap beers became three very expensive beers (by Thai standards of course).
As I said, location was very important to us. Hotel is directly across from Chong Nonsi BTS. Chong Nonsi is above the BRT (bus rapid transit) but we didn’t try it. Silom and the Patpong Night Market are less than a 10 minute walk away.
This review sounds very negative but it wasn’t a bad experience. My partner liked the hotel a lot more than me.
I wouldn’t stay here again unless I knew the lesser rooms had sheer curtains as well as the block-outs. The corner suites didn’t work for us at all. Actually no, no matter what, I’d give I-Residence right across the road a go instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Urban Hip Hotel mixes the richness of Thai culture with modern design and world-class facilities. We aim to offer the UNIQUE experience of Bangkok's new style of accommodation through the finest Thai hospitality and personalized services.The Heritage Bangkok is located between Silom and Sathorn Road, Bangkok's most vibrant Commercial Business District and shopping area. Just a one minute walk from the Chong Nonsi BTS Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Heritage Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heritage Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- The Heritage Hotel Bangkok