“NICE place GOOd staff”

The Heritage Bangkok
Ranked #758 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This place is the great valued place compared to it's price. The location is great and better add with helpful concierge. Love the orange roof top swimming pool !!! The ABF Buffet wasn't bad. Too many people. I have to come down 3 times to eat. The bar was too small but I didnt need much anyway. The front staff are nice. Thank you to their helps for my travel and shopping :)

Room Tip: Room with the BTS view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Happy Oz O

Reviewed 8 November 2013

In March 2013, I traveled with a group of friends from the U.S. in a 3-week trip and we stayed at the Heritage, Narathiwat soi 3 while in BKK. The staff at the check in counter couldn't speak English properly; that's fine because I'm Thai and we also have a local Thai guide. Even so, they spent over 2 hours to figure things out. Luckily, there's a nice restaurant across the soi (alley) and so I treated all my friends welcome drinks (which this hotel doesn't provide--when EVERY other hotels around Thailand do provide welcome drink!). OK, long story short.

Let's cut to rational of my ratings:
- Service is unacceptable due to inability to speak English and very rude manners (mainly for front counter staff; we love our bell boys).
- The room & furniture MAY look nice, but when you look closely, it is dirty & not well-maintained. There were ants and small roaches walking on the built-in counter & headboard! There are wires hanging above the sink in bathroom (hazard!)
- Location is the best part of this hotel as it's only a minute walk to the BTS (sky train) station.
- However, my room is right across from a karaoke place & so there was loud music blasting all night long. (Thai people love karaoke!)
- Break is acceptable. Nothing fancy, but not bad.

I'll never stay here again! There are many other places with great location, good quality room & service & affordable in BKK. Stay away!

Room Tip: One side of the room is across from a karaoke place. Stay from that side!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
The_Heritage_Group, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear MaewSuchin
Greeting from The Heritage Management Group,
First of all please eccept our apology for the rude staff and want to inform you that he is no longer the staff of The Heritage Group as so many complain on him.
We are trying to improve our service including shorten the check-in time and provide contantly welcomedrinks for all of out guests.
This hotel on Narathiwas was opened 3 years aready driving with all of our valued customer for their support. Now, we are doing renovation for refreshing the environment and surrounding.
However, your comment was valuable and helpful for us to better service.
The Heritage management Team

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed from 22nd till 26th October 2013 on room 406. Just a hop-step-and-jump to the Chong Nonsi station. Can reach many large malls easily. Very helpful and hospitable staff. We were told that the room was upgraded but was not quite sure, as we got the same type of room that we booked through internet. Once again the breakfast was the same on all four days. On a positive note, the pool was good although it was small. You could see the MRT station from the rooftop pool. The hotel is on the edge of the road and one could hear the cab drivers speaking from early morning, a bit noisy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank T_Senaratne
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Requested high floor when I make booking, but give me second floor when I check in, it was so noisy at night due to downstair people drinking.

The balcony door cannot lock and the safety box cannot open, called to reception request to fix, but wait for an hour and yet no body come. I asked for change room due to feeling unsecured, but the staff told me is fully booked, I checked online immediately, and it was available. Remind them to fix the problem on the next day morning, they come to fix the balcony door, but not safely box, the safety box cannot be use until my check out.

The room is big, but less of maintenance and not enough lighting, too dark!

If you ask would I recommend this hotel to my friends? No at all!
In fact, I would recommed the next door (tried last year).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HugoTiong
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay overall. The room was big and well appointed and the location was awesome, but there were just a few things that made it feel a little run-down. A cabinet was broken in the kitchen area. We had to ask for toilet paper and towels for the bathroom. There was a beer bottle on the balcony full of cigarette butts that was not disposed of before we arrived, or after. The fitness center is pretty lackluster and open air (which is not what you want on a hot, smoggy day in Bangkok), basically a treadmill and a couple of free weights. The pool was nice enough and we did enjoy one sunset up there. There are signs everywhere pointing to the rooftop bar. It turned out that the rooftop bar was literally a rusty 'bar counter' with a sign that said "ring for service." It would have been much nicer if there had been a real bar up there with cold drinks (and someone to service it). Instead we just brought up our own beers from the fridge in our room. All that said, the staff was very friendly and helpful when asking directions and advice on where to eat etc. For the price, the room was a great value. The location was excellent, close to Convent Street, right in between Silom and Sathorn, close to all of the embassies. The hotel could use better signage directly in front of it. The facade is modern and sleek but it's hard to tell that this is an actual hotel, not a restaurant or spa. I would return, happily.

Room Tip: Corner studio was spacious and nice with 3 balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElSchon
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome, was upgraded to corner room and were looked after from start to finish. The staff are the friendliest people and the food was awesome. Stayed two nights and "jay" looked after us and made sure our stay was memorable. Highly recommended

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 16 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com