“A friendly familiar hotel not aging well”

The Heritage Bangkok
Ranked #728 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
tel aviv
“A friendly familiar hotel not aging well”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have stayed a few times at this hotel over the years and today just returned home after a 10 night stay there. We used this hotel as our home in Bangkok due to it's great location, modern comfortable large rooms, reasonably prices, and the roof swimming pool and "gym." The location hasn't changed nor the size of the rooms. Unfortunately though, the hotel is not being maintained as it should be. The lobby looks tired. The size of the rooms remains the same, but the paint is chipped, the faucets need fixing or replacement as they are leaking and not clean. (dark sticky rings around the shower drain and black mold in the tiling), The large a/c unit sounded like a tractor. Breakfast is served 6am-10am. As Bangkok (especially during xmas/new years week) is a party town, it would have been appropriate to extend breakfast a bit. By 9.45am every morning the bread was running out, and often there was no coffee. We had to ask over and over to the staff person for coffee, and then for bread, and then for butter, and then for a knife - it was a ritual that we endured morning after morning. The hotel gym always just consisted of one running machine and one "universal" machine. Although i prefer a real gym, the universal machine was enough for me for a few "vacation workouts." It clearly has not been looked after - as it now is just a piece of rusty steel in the corner of the room. The weight plates stick together, and the pulleys do not slide, (as the machine hasn't been oiled for years) making the most basic workout impossible. This is a sad review for me - as the Heritage was becoming my home in Bangkok. I tried 2-3 times to speak to management but no one understood me enough to even grasp that this returning and loyal guests wanted to provide constructive criticism. Hopefully they will work fast and bring it back up.
On a good note, the gentleman selling tours in the lobby was extremely helpful with advise on how to get around and some transportation issues we had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the skytrain.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
The_Heritage_Group, Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear Russavi
Greeting from The Heritage hotels Group.
It have been our pleasure to have you as our loyal customers.
Please accept our apology for the building construction depreciation.
However, we are doing renovation to refresh the ruin paint, wecrk carpets, and even more for the bathroom :)
I'm sure you will find the big differnce once you come back home (here) again.
Thank you for your sincere comment and hope we have a chance to serve you soon.
Yours,
The Heritage Management Group

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Dont' trust the website! I spent two nights at The Heritage Hotel, booking in advance a non-smoking room: for the first night they gave me a smoking room, too dark with broken bulb, with a terrible smell! it wasn't dirty but had broken furniture and closed safety box... I had to complain about, actually the next day they moved me to another floor (no smoking floor) with no excuse and no discount... The elevator didn't work and they laughed... the staff resulted really unpolite at every moment, since i got into the hotel. The second room had the window broken, impossible to lock it..... in both rooms the security box was locked, so it didn't work at the beginning: are too small the safety boxes comparison to other hotels. The staff tries to be nice but they are unable to manage a hotel!! This hotel isn't Worth what you pay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
The_Heritage_Group, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Ricky
Greeting from The Heritage Hotels Group.
Please accept our apology for the mistakens. We wish for your understanding and forgiveness.
We are under renovation as some of the rooms are needed from high occupany for the last 2 years.
We did our best to please and serve our customer.
Your comments meant a lot to us more than you could imagine.
Thakn you,
The Heritage Management Team

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is my second time staying in Heritage Bangkok Hotel.
The reason that I choose this hotel is the location is very near to BTS Chong Nonsi.
You just need to walk a few minutes to the station. The hotel is clean and the staffs are all very friendly and helpful. I bought some snacks for them on my last day to show my appreciation.
I would definitely recommend my friends and colleagues when they go to Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
The_Heritage_Group, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear my valued customers

Greeting form The Heritage Hotels Group.
We glad that we have a chances to seve you.
Thank you so much for your great review on TripAdivisors. You been a Santa to us more than you could ever imagine. We will kkep up our service and make it better and better to serve you once you come visit us again.

Deeply appreciated and hope to have a chance to serve you again,

The Heritage Hotels Management Team
02-235-2888 ext 400
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Check in staff mainly friendly, however one very rude man worked the desk during the day,
The corner suite room was spacious but in need of a few repairs, the bed was comfortable, air co d works well, but the wifi dropped out for 12 hours, the staff did not seem to care when I asked about it, the restaurant served decent food, there was a fabulous restaurant across the street, I will return in future I just hope I receive better service from the reception desk

Room Tip: Don't arrive to check in until after 2 pm as they are very rude if you arrive before that time...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank p_allen010
Ko Samui, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I traveled to bangkok with my husband and chose to stay here because of it's location which is right at the skytrain ChongNonSi and there is a swimming pool. And yes, i was right with the location and everything i found in the hotel is worth for the money i paid. When compared to other hotel in the same price, i found this hotel was worth for my money the most. And finally, i was not regret for this hotel i chose.

The only negative thing i found in this hotel is just the bedroom can do more for a good looking such as the light and also the shower in bathroom needed to be fixed for some broken.

Anyway, overall i can say it was worth for my money.

• Stayed November 2013
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

1) Good location:
The Heritage Bangkok is very near BTS Chong Nonsi.
If you walk from BTS Chong Nonsi, you just walk a few mintues, then turn left, you can arrive it.
2) Good Cleanness & Tidy
3) Flexibility: Free to add extra bed
4) Good Taste of breakfast

1 Thank Mr T
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

- Simply I like it! Very good! It just close to the BTS where we can reach the central area. Welcome drink available, clean room, helpful staff...
- Spa is very good on the 1st floor
- 711 is just 2 minutes walking from the hotel

Room Tip: - You should try Spa & Massage at the 1st floor - Order the non-smoking floor to avoid the smel...
1 Thank Phinguyenthuylinh