We have stayed a few times at this hotel over the years and today just returned home after a 10 night stay there. We used this hotel as our home in Bangkok due to it's great location, modern comfortable large rooms, reasonably prices, and the roof swimming pool and "gym." The location hasn't changed nor the size of the rooms. Unfortunately though, the hotel is not being maintained as it should be. The lobby looks tired. The size of the rooms remains the same, but the paint is chipped, the faucets need fixing or replacement as they are leaking and not clean. (dark sticky rings around the shower drain and black mold in the tiling), The large a/c unit sounded like a tractor. Breakfast is served 6am-10am. As Bangkok (especially during xmas/new years week) is a party town, it would have been appropriate to extend breakfast a bit. By 9.45am every morning the bread was running out, and often there was no coffee. We had to ask over and over to the staff person for coffee, and then for bread, and then for butter, and then for a knife - it was a ritual that we endured morning after morning. The hotel gym always just consisted of one running machine and one "universal" machine. Although i prefer a real gym, the universal machine was enough for me for a few "vacation workouts." It clearly has not been looked after - as it now is just a piece of rusty steel in the corner of the room. The weight plates stick together, and the pulleys do not slide, (as the machine hasn't been oiled for years) making the most basic workout impossible. This is a sad review for me - as the Heritage was becoming my home in Bangkok. I tried 2-3 times to speak to management but no one understood me enough to even grasp that this returning and loyal guests wanted to provide constructive criticism. Hopefully they will work fast and bring it back up.
On a good note, the gentleman selling tours in the lobby was extremely helpful with advise on how to get around and some transportation issues we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Urban Hip Hotel mixes the richness of Thai culture with modern design and world-class facilities. We aim to offer the UNIQUE experience of Bangkok's new style of accommodation through the finest Thai hospitality and personalized services.The Heritage Bangkok is located between Silom and Sathorn Road, Bangkok's most vibrant Commercial Business District and shopping area. Just a one minute walk from the Chong Nonsi BTS Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Heritage Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Heritage Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- The Heritage Hotel Bangkok