“Hotel near BTS, good quality for money”

The Heritage Bangkok
Ranked #774 of 895 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Hotel is located straight near BTS Chong Nonsi. This was the main citeria when I choose the hotel. Easy to find and easy to get the airport from it.
Friendly and helpful staff. OK breakfast buffet. It was convenient for me that restaurant works till midnight. Good quality Thai and international food. Good massage at the hotel Spa. Spa is operating till midnight too. Swimming pool at roof is a bit smaller in reality than on a picture but clean. Fitness room is tiny but you can find a couple of dumbbells anyway. Superior room was smaller than I expected (I would say it's Standard) but equipped with everything I needed: safe box, TV, fridge. I choose non-smoking room and it was so. It was clean but quality of details was average since the hotel is not new.
Averall, it's good hotel for the money and I will stay there next time.

Room Tip: Ask a room at another side of the BTS, on upper floor. It's quiter. Check room size. It may be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
The_Heritage_Group, Guest Relations Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We glad that we have a chances to seve you.
Thank you so much for your great review on TripAdivisors. You been a Santa to us more than you could ever imagine. We will kkep up our service and make it better and better to serve you once you come visit us again.
The Hotel Management Team is doing their job on renovating the overall construcion and hotel's look. So, you might be surprise if you have a chance to come back next time :):):)

02-235-2888 ext 400

Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Selected this hotel because of its location and their promotional price. Located right next to Chong Nonsi BTS.The choices don't vary much day by day. The housekeeping though isn't fantastic.. not the most meticulous. the room probably needs some major cleaning and vacuuming.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leo C

We glad that we have a chances to seve you.
Training on service mind and staff performance have been applied in each department.
Also the air-condition, electrical and water supply is now been taking care of. Weekly, monthly, and yearly check-up had been performed.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed here for 3 nights, the hotel seems oke from the front but its really average Hotel. Small room with LCD TV and bad channel, dusty tabel and bed cover, really not comfortable. But the bath room is very clean. My Friend in the other room has found small crockoaches in her room. The hotel wasn't cleaned yet, need a lot of improvement. But the breakfast is ok and quite delicious. You can find food easily in this location and spa also along this road tunnel. Not so bad but overall I give 6.0 for the point of this hotel. The staff wasn't speak english fluently so you have to told them 2-3 times if you want get help from them.

Room Tip: Maybe you can go to trinity hotel go straight this road tunnel its about 200-300 m beside this Hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

We glad that we have a chances to seve you.
Thank you so much for your great review on TripAdivisors. You been a Santa to us more than you could ever imagine. We will keep up our service and make it better and better to serve you once you come visit us again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel had my booking for a 3 person room for several days before checkin, yet when we arrived at 10pm we still had to wait over 20 minutes for a room to be prepared with an additional bed.
The extra bed was just a rollaway with a very thin foam mattress, nowhere near the standard of the other beds in the room, which I find a little unfair and unprofessional.
The other beds had the usual excessively firm Thai mattress, but it was surprisingly not too uncomfortable. In fact I slept quite well, and the curtains also kept the room quite dark.
Service at the hotel was a bit hit and miss. The daytime staff were quite friendly and obliging, whereas the lady who checked us in was quite ambivalent about everything she did, and seemed to have forgotten that she worked in the hospitality industry.
Housekeeping was also hit and miss, beds were made, water was replaced, but it was almost like they were told not to enter the bathroom. Soap and shampoo were not replaced every day as they should have been, and requests for this fell on deaf ears half the time. Cleanliness was OK. Nothing drastic but also not spotless. I cleaned the shower glass for them but I'm sure nobody will notice.
As other reviews mention, the location of this hotel is one of its main selling points, being 2 minutes' walk to the BTS Silom Line. Traffic around the hotel is a nightmare, but this is Bangkok after all!
The shower has a see-through window to the main bedroom area. I'm not sure what the point of this is, and thankfully the shower curtain covered this window effectively. Coupled with the condoms that were provided as part of the "menu" in the room, I did for a moment wonder what type of clientele this hotel catered to. Nevertheless I didn't see anything untoward anywhere.
Breakfast was a reasonable selection, pretty much the same every day, with both Asian and "western" choices. Food was kept warm only when other customers of the hotel bothered to close the lids on the bain maries that the food was kept in. This did not happen often. Yoghurt was available but left unrefrigerated - this is nothing new for SE Asian hotels, so I just steered clear of the foods that had a higher risk of causing me any stomach upsets. Having said that, I didn't have any problems after eating the included breakfasts. Most of the eggs were served soft. Some well-done eggs were also brought out and always got taken quicker, but were slow to be replaced. After 09:30, the restaurant staff showed no interest in replenishing anything despite breakfast going through to 10:00.
Wi-Fi speed was good and internet connectivity was reasonable, with only a few outages. I'd say it worked about 80% of the time that I needed to use it.
The selection of TV channels was definitely geared towards Thai customers, with only a few English channels. I struggled to find anything of interest on TV which surprised me. I'd expect better from a hotel in the commercial/business district of Bangkok.
The room was advertised as having tea/coffee making facilities. This amounted to a kettle. No tea/coffee cups were provided, only glasses, and forget about actually having the tea/coffee/milk that is implied by this! Nevertheless of course tea and coffee were available at the restaurant.
A "welcome drink upon arrival" was also advertised and not provided, however the room did have a safe in the wardrobe, which funnily enough was not advertised anywhere on the room listing that I used for my booking!
Sound insulation left a little to be desired. I could hear the plumbing of the room next door however I didn't have any major dramas and had also brought earplugs with me just in case. I suspect if you got a rowdy group of people outside in the corridor you'd definitely hear them in your room.
Air conditioner was a little noisy but not too bad. I am a light sleeper and it didn't cause me any grief.
Food stalls around the hotel and Chong Nonsi station didn't stay open much past 10pm so it wasn't a really "happening" place but again you are 4 stops away from MBK shopping centre.
Basically a 3 star (by "western" standards) hotel with a nice rooftop pool. Pretty good value around the THB1400 mark. It wasn't particularly outstanding with anything but also not particularly disappointing (except for the extra bed being crap). It still had a reasonably modern feel to it, so it represents fair value for money for a hotel within a stone's throw from the BTS Skytrain.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Selected this hotel because of its location and their promotional price. Located right next to Chong Nonsi BTS, it makes most places in BKK very easily accessible! It takes only 3 stops on the BTS to get to the main shopping belt in Siam, or just take a short walk round the block to get to Silom.

The hotel itself was not too shabby. It's better than another 3 star hotel I've stayed in, and one of the better ones in terms of value for money.

Service staff are generally helpful and friendly. They smile and greet you almost all the time.

The breakfast could be improved though. The food selection is relatively small, but all right considering they offer you all possible options from a typical western breakfast to asian fare. Unfortunately it tends to run out quickly, and the refill is a little slow. But it might be because it was rather crowded around 930am, just before breakfast ends at 10. The choices don't vary much day by day.

The housekeeping though isn't fantastic.. not the most meticulous. They replaced our towels daily but they were folded and place in different places everyday - which was strange??? And our beds were also rather haphazardly put together. Not to sound overly OCD but the pillows looked like they were thrown randomly, and the blanket wasn't neat... and my partner's clothes (which he placed nicely at the end of the bed before he left) were thrown messily onto my bed. :(

The biggest qualms I have though.. was that I think... the room probably needs some major cleaning and vacuuming.. because... i saw a cockroach on our first night there... which should be a major alert for many guests. :(

BUT having said that, the rooms don't actually look bad or dirty. The bed sheets and towers were white and clean, and the bathroom was good... with the exception of a rather old looking shower curtain that really looks like it needs to be thrown out...

Room Tip: Certain corner suites are much larger, I think room 07 is one of those.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Heritage because it is located right next to BTS station Chong Nonsi. Staff is friendly and helpful. Cool room interior. Still private for the busy location. The pool is also fun.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 February 2014

AC unit for ajacent room roared loader than a jet engine, hense broken sleep. Breakfast was cold even fried eggs fresh from the kitchen where, yep you guessed it, cold. The guy at information sold us ticket to Silom Village, we discovered at twice the price, he was away the next day so could not confront him......
On a positive note the hotel is well located....... Think i will consider a different hotel next stop to Bangkok. Oh yeah and there is no point tell the hotel staff of problem as they will just laugh as there is very little they can to to fix stuff......

Room Tip: Don't get a room with spa bath, corner room might be better also.....don't expect too much...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family