“Simple Hotel & Must improve Servie”

The Heritage Bangkok
Ranked #774 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had stayed in The Heritage Hotel Bangkok for 2 nights at the end of May 2014. This hotel was very closed to BTS Chongnonsi only 100 m or 1 min by walk that is very comfortable for my stay.
I had cheked in around 4 pm and fast check in within 4 mins for copy my ID Card nd signed in registeration paper, the receptionist didn't informed me more information of this hotel such as swimmig pool or fitness or othet things in my rooms. I got room number 707 0n 7th floor and it's very surprised that my request prior to checkin about 2 weeks ago and confirmed by Khun Bee Reservation of The Heritage Bangkok for 2 single beds but room 707 provided me double bed by move bed together!
As the moment, I called to reception and informed them for my problem, they said that they will give me for new room in the same floor then I got new room number 704. The room is spacious and big enoung for people who can stay together. Big refrigerator with minibar and you must be aware for drinking water with Herritage Logo by orange one that put in the refrigerator must charged upon departure. Free Drinking water provide on shelf outside refrigerator and the little one (about 350 ml) The bed is soft enough and you can slept well but only 1 pillow per bed! that is not enough for th guest should be 2 pillows will be better, in the bathroom must not seperate between shower and bathub so it was complicated and uncomfortable for elder. The water pressue was very good and well done. Th aircon in my room keep silent all night that make me slept very well also.
The breaksfast had variety choices such as sausage, ham, bacon, salad, fruit, breads, tea or coffee with orange juice. I had not expected for my breakfast because of I am happy for my stay that I had paid for so overall in F&B is very good.
The negative for this hotel only in Front desk, the service must be improve to standard of 3 star hotel or 3.5 star hoel but the reception make service of this hotel like 2 star hotel or lower because of they didn't greeting te guests who come and out of this hotel but only Bellman at conceire counter is very friendly.
By the location and the price of this hotel, I rated 4 of 5 as good service in overall and will be come back again if I will travelling to Bangkok in the future
Finally, please pass my appreciation nd thankful to Khun Bee your reservation agent for th best service before I checked in and checked out and thank you Khun Bee again for offer late check our until 4 pm with free of charge for me as we're hotelier together. Khob Khun Mak Mak Krub Khun Bee!

Room Tip: Please make sure for all of your request with confirmation by phone call or emaill to this hotel pri...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
The Heritage Ba... T, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing time in writing this feedback after stay with us. Our team read your review, as well Khun Bee. We are on plan to rectify what customer mentioned and include changing person in charge to better prospect. Hope you the best and have a bliss day.

Navin K.N

Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's not really the most exciting hotels to review as such. Location is superb if you are planning on spending your time around Silom, especially its close proximity to the Chong Nonsi BTS. As we stayed there during the time the martial law and curfew was enforced, it was nice to know that the hotel had a bar and restaurant that closed late.

As some of the other reviews have mentioned, rooms look clean, but upon closer observation, you do see the occasional spots here and there. Fortunately enough, we did not run into any roaches.

Breakfast was sufficient. But lacked variety tremendously. We were bored by the second day. I strongly suggest you skip breakfast all together and check out the local hawkers just around the corner. The dinner menu at the restaurant however was much better than breakfast. And might I say well cooked and tasty. Kudos to the chef.

Staff at front desk were not that friendly. However, concierge staff were always helpful to lend us a hand. Great work guys!

If you are looking for a place to get a good sleep after a long day of shopping and all night clubbing, then this would be you ideal hotel. Lounging by their rooftop pool can always fix a hangover.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors with street view. We got the back alley view of the old spooky house.
3  Thank Annas I
The Heritage Ba... T, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write us an objective/feedback about hotel, in particular your time in Bangkok. We are continuing to improve all areas of us for customer comfort & satisfaction. We trust that our prime location & offer deal would delight your experience to offset drawback. We are looking to serve you again in the future and make amend your experience with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ok, I dont have to say much about the location anymore, 1 minute to sky train, best crsipy chicken sold next to it, sound proof windows. This hotel looks like it was built and designed by someone who doesnt really know how a hotel operates, especially when it is a busy city hotel. A typical Interior Designer mistake, using high quality sensitive products which are hard to maintain if you run a high occupancy. It has sooo much potential to be a cool, trendy and also luxurious place. I can picture amazing pool parties on the roof top and great gatherings in the downstairs bar. The a la carte food was fantastic, the breakfast not that great. A lot of maintenance needed within the rooms, especially on the AC's which either need to be completely replaced or properly repaired. The staff is friendly and they try hard, it seems like they are 100% aware of the shortcomings so they dont even argue. The one who deserves employee of the month is definately Mr. Ar D (Deaw) who is a Bell Boy at the hotel, he has the biggest smile and goes the extra mile for his guests, fast and efficient.

We asked to sort out the AC in our room as it was too noisy to sleep with it, after 2 nights still nothing had happened so I asked for the Manager. We looked at a couple of other rooms (6 or 7) but everywhere the same problem. Eventually we found one room on the third floor which was ok. Housekeeping also should get some training on how to develop an eye for cleaniness. I discussed a few points with the Manager, who just recently joined the company, he was grateful for the input and told me he would ensure that things are taken care of. If he does I would definately go back to this hotel as the prices are very competetive, the rooms are spacious, the design is very trendy, the food is tasty and it is a good base to explore an amazing city.

1  Thank Stephan M

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for your review.
It's with great pleasure being the preferred hotel for your visit to Bangkok. It's heartwarming to learn of your kind understand about hotel. We are ongoing schedule what you said. I would pass your compliment to the bellboy that you mentioned. Our team is looking to your next visit. All the best &

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Two days after the declaration of martial law, Thailand Army Chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha staged a coup to seize power after warning parties failed to reach a compromise to bring the country out of the months-long political crisis, and then the curfew imposed nationwide from 10PM to 5AM, make my short trip to Bangkok a unforgettable journey.
I spend 4 nights in Bangkok and stayed in The Heritage Hotel which about 2 minutes walk from BTS Chong Nonsi skytrain station. I booked the hotel through hotel website (theheritagebangkok.com) which give me a Stay 4 Nights, Pay 3 Nights Only offer, it absolute value for money.
Except the good location, the deluxe room which I stayed is great, the strong air-cond turn the hot summer suana room into air cool room in short time, but the bath-tub quite high when compared to normal bath-tub, when shower, I need to climb in and out.
The hotel offer good facilities, the best is free internet. The staff of hotel also fridnely and willing to offer their help to guest, especially during coup d'etat and curfew. And, the hotel is surrounded by stalls selling food, so no need to worry about what to eat, you can eat from morning till night.
According to website, the hotel best available rates from now till 31 Oct 2014, the rates of Superior Room expensive than Deluxe room (Superior Room start fromTHB 1,280 to THB 1,550
(with breakfast) , Deluxe Room start fromTHB 1,352 to THB 1,480(with breakfast)), is unbelievable.

Room Tip: Book the room through hotel website which always have good offer
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mylow62

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate for your stay with us and being patient during the crisis, and all situation settled. Our team looking to your next visit when your travel plan bring you back Bangkok.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Arrive at about 1pm local time but Front Office said must wait till 2 before we can check in. Didnt make a fuss, as it was not a problem, walked around a bit and ate my lunch nearby. Plenty of food option, street food and fast food (McD) was available.

Room was very basic, clean but the bed was too "springy", not good for light sleeper. If your partner just turn in bed, you will feel the whole bed bounce. No clothe hanger at all...don't know why. A box of condom is part of the "complimentary"....just don't understand why. Sound proof? Almost none as you can hear the conversation in the next room clearly.

The hotel have a bar for drinking downstairs but it was not cheap..THB 110 for a mug of Singha. Didn't eat there as the street food was too tempting.

Very convenient for public transport as its just a minute walk to Chong Nomsi station. Great if you had a long shopping day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WaterMice
The Heritage Ba... T, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued guest,
We are grateful to have your review after stay at the heritage bangkok. We take note pros & cons from you, appropriate action would be taken, something you mention it should not be that sound. We would love to welcome you again and prove amendment.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is my 5th stay at the Heritage Hotel on Narathivas Road. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and the location couldn't be better. Chong Nonsi TS station is within a 2-minute walk from the hotel. It is also easy to connect from the BTS with the airport rail link and is less than 80 baht compared with a taxi from the airport at 500 baht. It is also a lot faster than taking a taxi.

The only minor complaint I have is that there is no outside call service available from the phones in the room, only room to room. If you don't have a cell phone you must use the phone at the front desk to make an outside call. The buffet breakfast could also use a bit of an upgrade.

All in all though, the hotel is a great value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RichardAuchmoody

Dear Valued guest,
We are delighted that have your returning stay, many of our guests find our location easily accessible a few step to BTS and food centre. We would love to have you back again & thank you for chosen us as preferred hotel.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have room change three times,every room have their own problem,my last room also have problem,but i don't want to change anymore.I am very disapointed for this hotel and i won't stay in this hotel anymore.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank QUEENIECHANHK

Dear Valued guest,
We are absolutely thrilled by your review anyway, thank you for recent stay with us. Our team stay alert to improve from customer feedback and we wish you all the best.