“Just...kinda ok”

Ranked #727 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Just...kinda ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

So, realistically there's nothing majorly wrong with this hotel...but there's nothing majorly right with it either. The roof top pool area is nice, the beds are big and comfortable and there's a nice big shower as well as the rooms being clean, but, the rooms are dark and dingy with cheap furnishings and we we're put on a smoking floor (which we definitely didn't ask for because neither of us smoke) and all you can smell is stale smoke. Disgusting. We asked to move but apparently the hotel was fully booked so no luck. Overall the hotel just feels...bland. There's nothing really to it, and for what we paid for it we we're definitely expecting a lot more. The breakfast is below average so save you money and don't book breakfast with your room. The staff are abrupt in general but it depends on who you deal with. My advice is look for somewhere else if you're looking for somewhere with a bit more character, if you're just passing through and want a bed and a swim then, yeh, maybe stay here. Although under no circumstances eat at the restaurant!! Overpriced, greasy, disgusting food and my fish wasn't even cooked.

Room Tip: Specify a no smoking room if you don't smoke
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel's location is perfect, for getting around in Bangkok (taking sky train etc). Many places are near by. Breakfast is good and includes fruits, omelets, warm and cold food etc. The young and nice personnel helped in many cases.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marieta947
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I think the only excellent aspect of this hotel is the location. The rooms are small, internet unreliable and decor is so tired if it was human it would be in a coma. The shower was excellent and restaurant food was very good. We arrived very early they made us wait until 2.30pm to check. I very used to having a draw-side bible in U.S.A, but have an issue with it in Thailand. Nice swimming pool even if on the small side, the gym was pathetic and quite pointless having the space could be used more constructively. Very close to BTS station.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mercurial63
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked this hotel for an upcoming holiday in Jul2014, however circumstances changed and I emailed the email address provided to cancel my accommodation. According to their policy cancellation is free within a certain time frame. I emailed the hotel to advise and requested confirmation. along with this email and the many more that followed, I attached a dlivery receipt and read receipt, to which I received. Unfortunately nobody ever emailed me back. I then send the same message via the website query area, again no response. I exhausted all options available to me.

Anyway, I noticed that we were debited the 1st nights accommodation 3 times on my credit card bill and when I did finally arrive in Bangkok, went to the hotel to query. Whilst waiting at reception (a good 15 mins), the ladies on the front desk ignored me and proceeded to attend to other bangkok tour guides that arrived after me. When I finally cut myself infront of another guest whom just came from the lift and stood with my face directly in front of the receptionist, she finally acknowldged me and I explained to her why I was there. She informed me that the manager was not expected until 11am that day.

We were actually flying straight out from Bangkok that day and I needed to leave for the airport by midday. I was going to return, when I received an email from the manager, advising his apologies for the error, they had received the emails and they would refund the money back to the account.

At this point I was happy and took the managers (Bee) word for it, However to date (almost 2 months later) I have not been refunded. The cost I incurred for this goes beyond the room costs as the bank also debited my account for international fees.

I am now going to log this with my bank, and the fees should be redirected to the hotel.

Take my advice, do not stay in this hotel. Even upon arrival to query the debit, I was somewhat pleased that I was not staying.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank asialubber007
The Heritage Ba... T, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Valued guest,
First of all, thanks for your accommodation at The Heritage Bangkok. we strive to maintain hotel & service standard to meet customer expectation but in your case we wonder your words! Please advise us via email gm@theheritagebangkok.com for more clarification then we could sort out for you. Hotel did many promotions online with some term & conditions are obvious, like non-refund payment to get special deals, etc. anyway, we would look into this. we also inquire the person that you mention, all the case what she handle it has been done. we look forward to hearing from you if there is some undone behind the scene. Apologies in anticipation if some pending around with us.
Navin K.N

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

(1) stayed for 5 nights and it was a pleasant experience as its super convenient, located next to BTS station and hunting for food is never an issue, as there is a McDonalds, 7-eleven and many eateries around the corner.
(2) street leading to hotel is bright.
(3) hotel staff are friendly and helpful, they were quick to replace batteries for remote control of TV.
(4) however, there was wifi signal only at hotel room door on level 5. no signal inside hotel room where windows and beds were located.
(5) same breakfast menu everyday for 5 days, would be great to see different exciting menus
(6) on good days room was given 2 face towels, however there were none on other days. consistent housekeeping standard would enhance service quality of The Heritage Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
The Heritage Ba... T, General Manager at The Heritage Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Valued guest,
Thanks for stay with us during your Bangkok trip. It's with great pleasure having your feedback. We are grateful to have your some constructive feedback. We sincerely appreciate for your support and look forward to welcoming you back again at The Heritage Bangkok.
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Booked thru AGODA with good rates but hotel is a let down. I stayed at I-Residence last year and was curious about next door Heritage Hotel. So I booked 2 rooms with my nephews on tow. We were given rooms on separate floors, bathrooms were both leaking from wash basin and from pantry sink too. Toilet/bath area come with a big mirror/glass and with very thin sheet of curtain. One can view a naked shadow from the bedroom while another is in the shower. The bath-tub in my room is two and half feet high, imagine with no handle or bar to hold after shower, one might slip and get injured. It took them 2 days to rectify the leak in my nephews' bathroom. Both room were completely wet after shower as shower curtain are of uneven size and torn. My nephews' room has 'stains' on the wall behind his bed. he moved his bed away in order not to think about it. Carpet in room not vacuumed at all. Drinking water (orange coloured bottle ones) inside fridge are chargeable and no mugs/coffee cups provided and no coffee/tea sachets provided too. Only a boiler and 2 chargeable cup noodles on the pantry tray. Rooms are not clean by hotel standards. The balcony looks like not been cleaned for ages as thick dust has settled on it.Room is too dark and sleazy.Very thin walls too as you can hear others talking and shouting from their rooms. Hotel has a very modern feel and look but they did not maintain the standard........ sad. Only positive comment is staff are very friendly, especially bellboys. We were also not told of the swimming pool, gym or wifi. Other than that, I don't think I will return to stay here. Please go elsewhere, even to nearby ones like Furama, Holiday Inn Express, Glow or next door I-Residence ! No offence to the Hotel Manager/GM/- don't bother to reply to any of the comments posted here as I can see that you and the whole team are not prepared or sincerely address the problems raised by previous guests. Good Luck !

Room Tip: Go elsewhere! Stay away ! Room very dark like a vampires' den.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for your review. we share your frustration about your past experience to the team and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. we assure our guests that their comfort is our top priority. we would work on the upgrading work. I again regret for not be able to address the issue during your stay with us.
Thai Mueang, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Please stay somewhere else. Very disappointing.
The staff at the front very bad. They don't have service mind and rude.
The room was smell very bad and toilet have water on the floor.
The only good thing there is near BTS but you have more choices around!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Banana K
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for given us your time in providing us constructive feedback. we would bring up the issue with our team and improve service standard. Please accept my personal apology for past experience.