“Totally worth it!”
Review of LemonSeed Rooms

LemonSeed Rooms
Ranked #105 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Hotel & Room: it's only 1000baht per night, it's really cheap & decent. the room & toilet is spacious, i think the room can fit up to 4 single size bed. there's wifi in the lobby & room. breakfast comes in a set, there are local food & western food.

Location: it's conveniently located just behind first hotel. it's within 15mins walking distance to platinum mall, pratunam market. we usually walk out to the main road to hail a cab. during the peak hours, we would take a 10mins short walk to rachatewi bts station (cause it's really difficult to hail a cab to siam area during the peak hours)

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the stay at lemonseed room. the staff there are friendly. my bf & i was very pleased with their service because the staff went out to the main road to help us to get a cab as it was raining outside.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 November 2010

I have now stayed here some 8/10 times over the years and this place never fails to provide great service. Rooms are large, simple with huge beds, good space, good bathrooms, TV and excellent wi-fi. They are always very clean - something I am most fussy about.

I am always leaving early for flights and they have found me taxi's, made me packed breakfasts, been present to see me off sometimes at 4am.

The location is central for my purposes, there are enough distractions close by and its just an excellent base with consistent quality service and rooms. Thanks again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We stayed here after reading reviews on here and were glad we did. Although we were backpacking for our first time I did not want to go to the koh san road. It turns out we were on the other side of the city about a 15min walk thereabouts from the siam centre. It was down a side street so you didn't here all the traffic and there were not people hassling and trying to sell u things all around.
The rooms were huge and the beds really comfy. Breakfast was included which was a welcome start to the day and the owner - a fellow northerner was on hand with tips of places to see and do. At 1000 baht i think it was great value and would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I realy love this hotel and wished there were more hotels like this, the location is not too far from the BTS and Pantip Computer Center and it's also near the Fashion Mall.
What I realy like about this hotel is it's simplicity and going to your room without needing to pass the hotel lobby, this gives me a more private feeling. One thing that was fantastic was the free late check-out (low season), convenient if you have a flight around midnight. There is also a big fridge in the room with 2bottles of free water.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I just got back from 3 weeks holiday in Thailand. I reserved all my accommodation well advance except 1 day in Sept and 1 day in October. I was initially planning to take a night bus or night train to/from Chiang Mai. When I decided to Fly instead, I needed somewhere to stay overnight, somewhere easy access to airport yet not too expensive in central Bangkok.

As always, I was researching on TripAdvisor and found this Gem. Booked 1 night on 25 Sept before heading to Chiang Mai and 5 Oct, the day coming back from Chiang Mai.
Booking process was quick and easy, they did not ask for Credit Card detail unlike many hotels do, probably because it’s low season.
Staffs were incredibly friendly and welcoming. I read a lot about the owner Brian on TA review but couldn’t see him around. It turned out that he is busy setting up the new bar and working there most of the time. The Bar is called Amigo3 right next to the Lemon Seed Rooms. It is very nice place to relax and hangout with friends for nightcap who doesn’t like sleazy Bangkok bars. Don’t be alarmed, Lemonseed is still well looked after by his wife, her family members and staffs.

Location wise, it’s quite central yet very quiet as it’s located inside little lane (Soy 11) of Petchaburi Road. Walking distance to both BTS Station (Phaya Thai and Ratchthewi), Phaya Thai airport link station, close to Pantip Plaza (Mega Computer mall) and Platinum Fashion Shopping Mall. The Area Patunam is full of shopping centre and street stall for clothing. I went out for early morning walk at 6am near Baiyok Sky and amazed that the area is packed with local people and clothing stalls.

The Room was massive with big king size bed, has smart key entry system, good air-conditioning, TV, multi-purpose desk/dining set, Full size fridge with 2 bottles of complimentary water, good size wardrobe etc. Although bathroom amenity is quite basic, very big bathroom with great water pressure with raindrop shower head.

The breakfast included in the room is pretty good, several western meal set choice and Thai selection which all served with juice & coffee. The serving time is very flexible between 7-11am. I am sure if you got early flight they will cater for that as well.

Being a computer addict, I really enjoyed their high speed free WiFI in the Room/common area. No hassle log-in system for both my iPhone and Notebook. Also Room has numerous powerpoints which make really easy to recharge all my electrical good. I have quite a few electrical items (elec.toothbrush, camera, 2 mobile phones, notebook and hair styler) and always struggling to find enough power points but didn’t have any problems at the Lemon Seed.

I have stayed 8 different properties during my 3 weeks holiday in Thailand price ranging from TB700 to TB4000 per night, but I can honest say this is the place that I felt most welcomed and comfortable at very reasonable price. I would certainly go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank rlfbark
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We(3 of us) arrived in the morning and breakfast were served.
Stayed on the 4th floor, spacious room with King Size bed and basic amenties.

Brian's brother-in-law were very helpful especially in assisting us to contact our driver who was supposed to send us to Hua Hin the following day, driver went to wrong hotel instead of Lemonseeds to pick us up.
When my son asked about PSP charger since he forgot to bring it along, Brian's brother in law was able to come out with a charger for my son. Impressed!!!

As for location : Near to Platinum Fashion Mall and Patumum Market.

Overall, we are very pleased and will surely come back to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank P0ndpebble
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Had a great stay at Lemonseed Rooms in March 2010. It would be quite difficult to find if you're a first timer in BK, but it really is great value. Brian, the owner, is a mine of information on where to go and what to do in Bangkok, so do take the time out to get the benefit of his knowledge. Oh and he's a top bloke too! (and that's coming from a Mancunian about a Scouser too!) The room (405) was spacious, clean and quiet and the location is great, just 5 mins from the nearest Skytrain station. After traipsing around a hot always on the go city in blistering heat, it really was a welcome to get back to the room and chill out. Fantastic shower too! Thanks to Brian and all at Lemon Seed.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple