Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
Agoda.com
All reviewsb bthai iced teacolonial stylebusy roadrefreshment towelshelpful hostsbed and breakfastwestern breakfasthome away from homeguest housenoise from the streetmain roadcommon areasriver taxia great place to staybusy areagrand palace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

When we arrived Bangkok, the B&B sent a taxi to took us, anf the drive is very friendly, made us a very good beginning at Bangkok. When we arrived Baan Pra Nond, also received a warming from the staff with cool towel and ice Thai milk tea, made us feel refresh in the high temperature. In the public area has some noise problem, but the noise didn't bother us when we stayed in the room(our room is just next to the swimming pool). The owner and staff are all hospitality, and the location is very convenient, is a very nice experience to stay here.

Tasmita, Owner at Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Dear all guests,

We'd just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who took the time to write us a review here on TripAdvisor. Word-of-mouth is very important to us and we thank you for helping us spread the word.

TripAdvisor has awarded Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast a Certificate of Excellence Winner for the third consecutive year. This award comes from those of you who take the time to write a review so we sincerely appreciate your feedback. Without you this award would not be possible.

Warmest regards and hope to welcome you back soon.
Tasma & Jason
Your hosts
Baan Pra Nond B&B

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This B&B is in an 80-year-old house built by a Thai Supreme Court Justice and renovated by his granddaughter who converted the old family residence into a small hotel. The rooms are clean, stylish, comfortable and set around a small yard and pool. The house is beautiful with polished wood floors and French doors in the common living room and eating area with wifi. The pool is small and with sun for only a portion of the day but is relaxing and pretty. The location is just off Sathorn a few minutes walk from the Surasak BTS and 10 minutes walk to Silom with lots of food stands and restaurants nearby. The staff are friendly and the breakfast is fresh. I didn’t have any problems with noise and I was in the standard room closest to the road. This is a peaceful little place with lots of trees in a good location and a nice alternative to a big hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RobinGalloway
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We spend few nights in this hotel. The hotel was absolutelly great, loved the decorations and its charm. The pool is very small and that are is right under a bypass. The staff were amazing, the breakfast was great! there was an honesty box where we could help ourselves to soft drinks and biscuits :-) The hospitality of this hotel is great we felt very welcomed and they really looked after us. We had a large room in the main house and the only set back was the noise from the road opposite the hotel which was continuously busy. The location is ok, make sure you have a map of where the hotel is as no tuk tuk knew how to find it. The rooms were great and very clean and the bed comfortable, would recommend tthis hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: make sure you bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Charming, clean and comfortable accommodation with friendly helpful staff. Baan Pra Nond is convenient to the ferry and transport but is situated on a main road, with the expressway literally over the pool. If you are a light sleeper, even the free earplugs may not be enough...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I overnighted here during a 20 hour layover in BKK.  I absolutely adore the decor of the hotel.  It has an Agatha Christie on the Orient Express meets Indochine (assuming the French had ever made it to Thailand).  The owners are also wonderful.  They're very friendly and do their best to make you feel at home, e.g., upon arrival I was greeted with a cold towel and welcome drink.  Before I had booked my room, I had read reviews about the noise of the hotel due to street traffic with some people not finding it to be an issue and others finding it difficult to sleep.  Unfortunately, my room was right next to the road and despite coming off a 17 hour journey from NYC where I purposefully did not sleep in the hopes that I would be exhausted by the time I arrived, I had a difficult time sleeping due to the noise from the traffic.  The owners supply ear plugs and individual packets of Off bug spray in each room.  Although the Off was a nice touch, it was not necessary as I did not have any issues with insects.  Even though I used the ear plugs, I still had a hard time sleeping.  However, I do think if you were in one of the rooms further from the road it would be fine.  As far as location, it is hard for me to assess as I was only there for a short time.  It is a 5-7 minute walk from the Skytrain, which is a fast way to get around town and a 10-15 minute walk to the ferry, which takes you to Wat Pho.  The owners will instruct you to only take the orange flag ferry for 15 baht as the rest of the ferries are overpriced tours.  For my purposes, I thought the location was fine, but if I came back, I would ask for a room away from the road.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo