We just spent 4 nights at BPN and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Initially when we walked in the noise emanating from outside was very noticeable however as we are from Phnom Penh, "noise" is relative and we very soon adjusted and found that it simply became "background/white" noise. A very amicable young night manager called Hassan welcomed us and we were soon shown to our room ( #5 ). Once inside, all noise virtually disappeared and we found ourselves in a nicely appointed room with a super comfy bed with awesome linen on it, a great bathroom with steaming hot water and nice little additions like ear plugs ( not needed in this room ! ) and a list of recommendations for dining etc.All in all the room was great . The breakfasts were to die for with fresh fruits and delicious omelettes etc and I was never refused seconds which for this hungry hippo was much needed before days spent traipsing around shopping. The staff were extremely helpful at all times including organizing a great tailor to come pick me up at the hotel and make a suit at the last minute which turned out AMAZING ! ( thanks so much for that BPN !! ). We found a GREAT little dive bar around the corner on the way to the river called THE TINY ROOM and we can highly recommend this place for lovers of old school rock n roll and an eclectic environment that serves great thai food.
One small suggestion for improvement would be either a) dimming / turning off the outside common area lights after a reasonable hour or b) using heavier curtains to block out those lights. I found the lights illuminated the room all night which wasn't ideal. Another suggestion might be to ask if the owners have ever considered knocking a door between two rooms ( maybe the upstairs rooms in the main residence ? ) to create a modular grand suite / family apartment ? I only bring this up because next time we come we will take our ( young ) kids and I think BPN would be a great place to stay for a family if they had such a "suite". Just a thought !
I can highly recommend BPN. Great value. Great location. Great Management and staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the city, Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast offers a unique vacation that allows you to check your worries at the door and experience the simple charms of Bangkok living. Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast will offer you a quaint, private, and homey atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Pra Nond Bed And Breakfast
- Baan Pra Nond Hotel Bangkok