“Beautiful home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 606 Bangkok B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here for three nights in January and really loved it. The house itself is beautiful and elegant and furnished very stylishly. The pool was great for cooling off in after a hectic day of sightseeing. The breakfasts were brilliant and Janya was fantastic at giving us information and organizing things for us. Thank you!

The house is in a very busy area of Bangkok with the pros and cons associated with that. The house is close to the Central pier and to a BTS station which makes getting around incredibly easy. It is also a bit noisy, but we didn't hear anything from our room and slept really well throughout our stay there.

I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We stayed here in October and it was really lovely.When you walk in the gates its like a little haven away from the busy city.It really is a gorgeous B&B and very relaxing considering the location.The room decor was cosy and elegant and the bed was so comfortable.We could walk easily to the skytrain and to the boats that take you to the grand palace and many other tourist sites.We were served a lovely light breakfast and they catered to me being a veggie too.The lady that works there was extremely friendly and helpful,even writing the more obscure places we wanted to visit in Thai so we could ask for directions.All the staff were lovely.I Would highly recommend this place and would stay again in a heartbeat,It really is a wee gem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed at Baan Pra Nond in October and my husband and I had a wonderful time. Be aware that your taxi driver will probably have a hard time finding the place, and Google Maps doesn't seem to recognize the address, so you may want to call ahead to get directions before arriving.

The B&B is absolutely beautiful with tons of old-world charm. The location is close to the ferries and train station, so getting around Bangkok is very easy. Our room had it's own little private patio overlooking the pool, which no one else visited while we were there, so it was like our own little oasis.

The staff was outstanding and very helpful. I'm gluten intolerant, and they even made me gluten-free muffins during our stay.

The only drawback was the noise factor. Once in awhile, the noise from the surrounding neighborhood was a bit much, but our stay was still altogether amazing. Highly recommend!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This B&B is like a small pearl nestling inside an ugly oyster shell.
The location is both good and bad - a noisy, busy road in front, and a concrete freeway overhead (the oyster shell) BUT 10 mins walk from the Skytrain and the ferry. The accomodation itself is very attractive, clean and with a warm, personal ambience and a beautiful, little garden.
The staff were lovely - when they saw us contemplating a tour, they offered to organize a driver to do the same thing for half the cost - which worked out really well!
If I did it again, I think I'd get a pick-up from the airport as our taxi was a big rip-off.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you are the kind of person who visits the Jim Thompson House and Bangkokian Museum and longs to move in, this is the place to stay in Bangkok. Historic and classy. I stayed 2 nights in the master suite and am absolutely in love. Coffee on my private balcony and sashaying around the massive bathroom--I didn't get out much as I was happy hanging around the room. Thank you Ban Pra Nond for letting me live out my fantasy of dwelling in another time and place (if just just for a weekend). I'll be back.

I would suggest adding robes (nice for going to and from a dip in the pool).

Room Tip: Master suite!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kuching, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at Baan Pra Nond B&B. After an early flight in Kuching followed by a long layover in Kuala Lumpur, it was a relief to be picked up by Mr. Vee, a driver that BPN owner, Tasmin, graciously arranged for me. He deftly sailed through the afternoon traffic that was made almost impossible by rain to deposit me safely at BPN, where I was greeted by Hassan with a cool towel, refreshing tea, and a friendly smile. The rest of my stay was just as comfortable and inviting. Every morning breakfast was served to order, fresh, hot and delicious. The B&B was homely and staffed by extremely accommodating individuals such as Janya, who was a wealth of information. My room was clean and I always felt like I was coming "home" after a long day out as I was sometimes greeted by members of staff with a smile and a 'How was your day?' once the bell at the front gate tinkled, signalling the arrival of someone. Surasak BTS station was a 5 minute walk away and Central water taxi station was only ten minutes away by foot. If I chose not to go out, there was an array of DVD's or books for me to choose from to while away my time poolside or in my room.The location, value, friendliness, and comfort of this place has entrenched itself on my recommendation list to all who visit Bangkok!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Belinda B
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

A very cute boutique place, tugged away between greenery, wonderful architecture and interior design. Cozy commons area. My room was very clean and comfortable. Centrally located close to BTS and river shuttle. Stayed here for three days with the low season last minute special 40% off, which made it well worth it.

The freeway is behind the hotel, high above with noises muffled out. The advantage of the open space below the (very high) elevated freeway: it actually gives the hotel a sense of space in an otherwise crowded city. My room was very quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo