“Great cheap stopover between flights”
Review of Paragon Inn

Paragon Inn
Ranked #345 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 March 2012

With 15 minute transfers included in the low price this is ideal if you are stopping for a few hours between planes. Considering that there is virtually no restaraunts near the hotel the food is OK and priced reasonably. If you want a swim the infinity pool is much posher then the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 March 2012

The Paragon Inn has a great pool, nice, clean, big rooms and an easy connection to BKK. If you have an early morning flight or a connection, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Don't stay here if you want to explore the city. Yes , it's in BKK, but to far from the action.
BUT! keep in mind that traffic in BKK can be a departure killer if you need to bee at the airport.....so guess what? This hotel offers free transportation to the airport that's 5 minutes from there! Rooms are good, pool is fun, food is good and look & feel is boutique like.
So....if you arrive in BKK and leave the next day, or......you get to BKK and you just need a nice place to stay before you leave: stay here and you won't regret it.
Location is at the end of a dead end street, so it's pretty quite.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mvm1
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Paragon Inn is very convenient to the hotel. By cab, it was only a few minutes and 67 baht (about $2 USD). The property is nice, especially the infinity edge pool which is very posh. The rooms themselves were average. The mattress, however, was like a rock. It was so firm it bothered my spine. I had to sleep on my side and use my arm for cushioning to get any sleep.

The WIFI was fast and reliable. The hotel shuttle is a nice, late model Toyota SUV. The hotel offers free airport transfer but be aware they mean ONE airport transfer. I had to return to the hotel after missing my standby flight. When I wanted to go back the next morning, they said I had used my transfer and they wanted 200 baht, quite over priced at 3 times cab fare. They were helpful, however, by driving me up the the main road in their golf cart where I hailed a cab within seconds.

Two problems which the hotel really needs to address. One, the staff speaks very poor English. I ran into so many English speakers in Bangkok, I found it hard to believe they can't find more English speakers to hire. I had to use the translator on my iPad to communicate with the staff in computer translated writing.

Second, buy some shower curtains for peets sake. The tub with no curtain gets the entire bathroom floor wet which you then drudge into the room with footsteps. It's such a hassle for such an easy fix. I mean how hard is it to put up a portable shower rod and hang a curtain on it?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 February 2012

After a 13 hour flight we were greeted by one of the Paragon Inn's friendly staff at the airport who took us directly to the hotel. The transfer was included free with our rate. The hotel was beautiful, the pool was great and the rooms were one of the nicest that I've stayed in whilst in Thailand. Would of loved to of stayed longer but we only had about 10 hours before we had to catch another flight the next day. We were offered a transfer back to the airport for a very small price and the staff couldn't do enough to help during our short stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed one night after long flight to Bkk and had early flight morning after. Hotel is close but not that close to airport. Taxi to hotel 200 baht and free transfer back morning after.
Hotel staff very nice. Not much to say, completed the task. Not as bit as it looked from the pictures ,would not recommend for longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Me an my family (children age 4 and 7) arrived at the hotel around 17:00.
Pick-up at airport worked smoothly and they were easy to find in the huge crowd of other hotel pick-ups.
Drop-off as efficient as pick-up.
We stayed in one of the pool access rooms for one night. Perfect for our family.
However, as the room is placed on the ground floor all other guests around the swimming pool had a perfect view of your room. So we had to keep the blinds shut at all times.

The room consisted of three beds, a small desk and a chair. The bathroom was clean and bright, had both shower and bath tub. Amenities included soap and shampoo.
The wardrobe was placed in the bathroom as well as the safety box.

Free water bottles included and to be found in the fridge.
The room was slightly worn and I would not chose the room for a longer stay. Especially as we had to have our blinds shut. But for the purpose we had it was perfect and our kids loved it even though the pool was fairly cold.

We thought of going out for food but ran out of time, there is some sort of mall, Paseo Mall, nearby for food stalls and fast food but not sure of distance.

Food ordered in hotel was prepared elsewhere and delivered by golf cars, I guess that is why it may take a while to get it. It was ok and served its purpose.

Breakfast lame, as the waiter spoke poor English it was hard to ask for different options. Omelet raw in places and uneatable. Later I noticed guests being served other dishes than stated in the breakfast leaflet, so I guess it was possible to get other stuff as well.

I would return for another stop-over but not as a base for exploring Bangkok further.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family