“Very fine airport hotel”
Review of Paragon Inn

Paragon Inn
Ranked #322 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Portland, Oregon
“Very fine airport hotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Agree with everybody else. This hotel works perfect for one night if you're looking for accommodations near the airport. Room was very comfortable, lots of hot water! Pool was clean and refreshing-we especially enjoyed the lounges that sit right over the pool. Staff was very nice and helpful. Only comment is the pool lounge mats and umbrellas were tired. But, for one night, not a problem. Price was very reasonable so it worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gsculp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I must say that this place is a diamond in the rough! At first, when we were driving there for our final stay in Thailand, I was concerned. The neighborhood seemed scary to all four of us. However, that is coming from Canadians whom have not been subjected to such poor living conditions. The hotel seems out of place because it is so beautiful, and the surrondings outside the hotel walls are the complete opposite. Servive: the staff was top notch. They met all of our standards as they were very accomodating. The rooms were also very nice and clean. It seems that the whole place has been recently renovated. The pools is beautiful as well. A little too close to the dinner area, but I suppose that would be great if you had kids. Food: food was great! The one thing I did not like about the bar was that you had to go pay for your drinks at the hotel counter, and then walk over to the bar to get your drink...very inconvenient. Spa: We decided to have one last massage before we headed home...We had massages every day throughout our trip. This was the WORST I had! However, my sister claims that hers was one of the best that she had. 50/50 I guess. Very close to the airport, and they offer a one way shuttle sevice....either pick up or drop off. I would stay there again, but perhaps only for the convenience of the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Seabrock
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here for 1 night while we waited for others to show up on later flights. The service was impeccable, the pool a dream, and the food was pretty darn good. Keep a fly swatter or mosquito repellant handy and just know that the Wi-Fi may not work very well in your room; no worry, just have a seat by the pool or in the dining area and surf away!

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office have a better chance of getting Wi-Fi. Views really aren't an issue...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Russell S
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was a really nice room especially the bathroom but I am glad we were only there for one night because the Mosquitos are really bad here. When you are eating dinner at the restaurant and breakfast they are everywhere and the insect spray does not even keep them away. Even on the way back to the airport the van they drove us in is full of them! The staff here were nice they just need to work on the prevention of Mosquitos. The food was average

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Northern Portugal, Portugal
Reviewed 23 February 2014

we were staying there last week, thursday to friday, room 1b. we had read a few bad reviews of late and were prepared for the worst. however, everything was very nice. friendly reception, very welcoming. went out of their way to assist us in any possible way.

nicely appointed room. large comfortable bed, well working ac, everything perfect.

restaurant very good, nice bar, friendly staff, what more do you want?

transportation airport works perfectly as well.

will definitely go back and recommend it to all our friends.

price/quality 100%.

thanks a lot paragon inn

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank evinaSwitzerland
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Paragon Inn twice will traveling in Thailand. I had emailed the hotel in advance to see if the Superbowl would be broadcasted in the hotel. They emailed me back assuring me that they would have it in the lobby, and in English! When we checked in and the front desk staff was very friendly and let us know about the game the next day. The hotel is conveniently located just 10-15 minutes from the airport and within walking distance from a mall with lots of other restaurants.

Room Tip: Loved room number 20. Beds and pillows were very soft.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monica A
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I just spent a night at the Paragon Hotel. Booked it based on reviews here and this is one of the few times I feel like trip advisor has let me down.

When I arrived the reception staff were extremely unhelpful and unfriendly. I don't know if it was a bad day or the fact I don't speak Thai, but I was really surprised by how surly they were. When I asked for a map of the area I got a blank stare. And when I asked about getting to the train station the female staff member barked at me that it was too far to walk and I had to get a taxi. She didn't seem willing to book one for me though...

The rooms are fine but not great. The only soap in the bathroom is in a dispenser on the wall in the shower, so you have to climb into the bath every time you wash your hands. And the lighting was really bad.

The redeeming features would be the pool and the restaurant. The food is decent and the waiter who served me there was a little more friendly.

It's also really close to the airport - 15 minutes. But if I pass through Bangkok again I'd go somewhere closer to town. Hopefully with friendlier staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dan B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
#284 of 858 in Bangkok
BS Premier Airport Hotel
BS Premier Airport Hotel
#681 of 858 in Bangkok

Been to Paragon Inn? Share your experiences!