Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
3,477 results
All reviewsclub millesimeprestige suitevoila restaurantbose sound systemhermes toiletriesclub roomluxury roomrooftop barevening cocktailsmacaroonsplatinum memberpillow menucorner roomterminal shopping centremain restauranttop flooregg station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed here for two nights in a Prestige Suite and although the room was very good, there were some issues that should be addressed.

The location can be good or bad - depending on what you want. It is certainly in the heart of the touristy Sukhumvit area, however, some may see that as a negative.

My first disappointment was that there was no recognition for Le Club Accor Platinum members, although this problem seems inherent throughout the Accor group.

The Prestige Suite (room 3001) was impressive and quite spacious with great views from the balcony, so there were no problems with the room. The bed was very comfortable and the decor was modern.

We had breakfast in the Club Millesime lounge as opposed to the main dining area and on both mornings we were there, we were the only guest taking that option, however, there was still plenty of choice of food and the quality was good.

I was disappointed with the pool area however and what surprised me was the condition of some of the furniture and fittings - bearing in mind the hotel has only been open for eight months.

For example, the plastic decking surrounding the pool was already showing signs of fading, the steel frames on the sun loungers were stained and already starting to rust, some tiles and fittings in the water feature opposite the spa were rust stained and the tiling in the pool at water level was already badly stained. The palm trees needed their dead leaves removing which would have improved their appearance.

The majority of these issues could be resolved by just simple housekeeping and preventative maintenance.

Another downside of the pool area (for me) was that the sun goes behind the hotel at around 11:30.

The housekeeping in the rooms seemed fine - other than having my Herme's amenities replenished with L'Occitane on the second morning - I put this down to error as opposed to penny pinching!

The Millesime lounge was a very nice area to relax and I was impressed with the size and decor and how the dining area, lounge and bar were all separated. Drinks were replenished quickly during happy hour and the staff were courteous, efficient and friendly - in particular Joceline who was really nice.

Overall I did enjoy my stay and I would probably stay here again but some of the issues mentioned need to be sorted out.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear davyp777,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

I regret you found the pool furnitures in need of maintenance. I am very sorry about the different of the bathroom amenity. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I am glad however to hear that the ambassadors at the Club Millesime have provided their excellent service to you. I will make sure to pass your comment on.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Our check in was a fiasco!
We had booked connecting suites. It turns out there aren't any that are connecting and there is only of that category per floor.
An abheration as such when our booking clearly specified the need as we were travelling with young children.

We ended up in one room on the first night but they extremely graciously made up for it for the rest of the stay by mooving us to the presidential 2 bedroom suite at no extra charge.
An absolute treat.
That said, we saw pretty much all the categories and all rooms are elegant, well appointed, spacious and with luxurious bathroom kits, expresso machines etc....

The general feel of the decor is contemporary neutral chic, the staff is well poised, soft spoken and greet you in french.
Breakfast on the club level is a calm affair, and the buffet lunch is incredible value considering the fresh spot cooking stations, pizza oven and the luscious full vintage cheese cellar.

The french brasserie/rotisserie has a lovely feel.

Very conveniently located with access to the sky trai which makes travelling along the shopping area painless.
Its also within easy reach of the up and coming thonglor / ekamai area with lots of boutiques, bars/restaurants away from the tourist trail but full of young hip locals & expats.

Don't miss a visit to sister hotel in the sakhorn/ business district. Its called SO bangkok and has a great sky lounge ( as nice as sirocco or the banyan) & an oyster bar.

Thoroughly recommend wether on a business or leisure stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear milo22,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
We are glad you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms and all the facilities we are offering. Indeed the buffet lunch is incredible value considering the fresh spot cooking stations, pizza oven and the luscious full vintage cheese cellar.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you soon at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious Thai hospitality and superb service again.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

This is my first time to stay in Sofitel property and St Regis is my favourite. My wife requested to stay in Sofitel this time to have some different experience.The overall experience I would say 70 out of 100.It was a decent hotel and most of staff were very firendly and were trying to be helful as much as they could. I want to pass my big thanks to Miss Byu of Le Spa and duty manager Pla who did whatever they could when they heard my wife was not feeling very well.

However there are many areas which request improvement

1. The English level of the staff and some of staff's English level was very poor. For example , they can understand fitness centre but not Gym.

2. The service is lack of consistence. For example house keeping

3. The comminuication between different depts. We have came across this issue sevral times over our stay.

4. The hygiene control. When I had a break fast at the 2nd floor, I saw a chef simply use naked hand to pick up several slices of cucumber left on the shelf and put back to salad bowl. I would say this was extremely unpleasenet. Also some flies were hanging over the restaurant.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear Chen D,

I thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your wife was not feeling well when staying at our hotel. However I am glad to hear that Ms. Byu and Ms. Pla have taken good care of her. I hope she is well recovery now.

I’d like to sincerely apologies for all those inconveniences you had to go through. These incidents clearly don’t reflect what we are committed to deliver to each and every one of our guest. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I'm a biz traveler, and was traveling w/ a client. I chose the hotels. We stayed on the club level floor--highly recommended if you can afford the extra. My client was v. pleased and therefore I was v. pleased. The service, food and drinks available in the club room was significantly better than that I have had in (many) other clubs. I travel 4 months out of the year. The sky train is v. near the hotel, which is a boon, and there is also some shopping nearby. While we were business travelers, I think this would also be a great place for tourists are well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear PeregrinMundi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this very nice comment about your recent stay at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.
We are delighted to hear you had a great time with us and are glad you mention the Club benefits which were offered to you every day. Indeed the Club Millesime guest, receive this extra touch and service.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

i have stayed 3 nights in Sofitel recently Jan 2013, well designed rooms with bathrooms , delicious breakfast, user friendly staff very near to Indian market...it's my first experience in Sofitel Hotel but really very worthy experience and now always prefer sofitel hotel for stay.....

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny...and great view outside :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dwivedi12,

We are delighted to hear you had a great time with us and are glad you enjoyed the hotel facilities. Indeed the hotel location is convenience to you as it close to Indian market.
We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at our hotel.