My first accommodation was Adelphi Grande and that was just at the beginning of my holidays this year. I picked it up by thorough examination of many websites and reading many reviews of different hotels here on Tripadvisor. I needed a convenient location but still quiet enough so that we can rest after long plane ride. I also examined location with Google maps so I was prepared how to find it and how it looks from the outside.
Checking in was swift and efficient. Very nice welcome was that they upgraded us from superior to deluxe studio. When entering room I just received a smile as it was even better than on the pics. I prefer serviced apartment style accommodation before classic hotels and that is what Adelphi Grande offers.
I liked the decor and architecture of the room. I liked big window with an overlook towards Sukhumvit bustling street and skytrain. Especially I like the floors of this accommodation which is true hard wood parquet and not some cheap imitation. I like the details that Adelphi is providing e.g. comfort sleepers, two umbrellas, welcome fruits and so on. I also enjoyed at the swimming pool and some days I had it for myself. I also had a feeling that is usually used mostly by Asian business men from Japan or Korea. Sleep quality was very good as i enjoyed the bed and quiet nights. At nights I had more a feeling I'm in the middle of the jungle and not in the middle of BKK as I heard frogs outside. I liked that that I'm a bit deeper in the Soi rather beiing in the centre of busy and popular place where usually it is very loud. Accommodation itself was quiet too and not tucked with hectic daily tourists. I did not have any disturbance by loud neighbours or rattling with the doors. What I also enjoyed whit Adelphi were breakfasts and I liked that eggs were prepared fresh just infront of you. A variety of food is good and you can find anything for you no matter what nationality or race you are. I visited restaurant once also for lunch and I have to say that food is delicious and all the best to the cook. If you are lazy to go out you can certainly taste some great Thai food. As a promotion we also got free beer there so I was just spoiled by freebies and commodities provided there.
Staff at the reception was very polite always welcoming you and they also every time offered free ride by tuk tuk to the main road. I also used washing/drying machine in suite and I recognize that is great to have it on your trip. Internet connection was super fast.
I had a problem with a toilet once as one night stop to swallow water. Next morning cleaning lady came and it solved a problem in 3 seconds. Response time of their service is exemplary and I can give only compliments. I think Adelphi Grande is managed very good and that is seen through the service you get and how well the things are maintained. The only complaint I have is an air-con that is not so good positioned inside the room. It will blow directly into your head while sleeping. I need to improvise with that in order to receive cool comfort and stay healthy for my trip.
Overall I can say that Adelphi Grande can become my second remote home where I could stay for months. I'm also certain that my next visit to Bangkok will be Adelphi again. Thanks for your excellent service and comfort you provided to us. Till next time, Davor & Au.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adelphi Grande is a leading Bangkok Serviced Apartment located on Sukhumvit Soi 41 and is surrounded by a lot of dining and entertainment attractions. Just seven minutes walk to BTS Phrom Phong Station which is the local transport system in Bangkok. Shopping Centers like Emporium is right next door. The Suvarnabhumi International Airport is 30-35 minutes drive from the hotel. Adelphi Grande is designed as per your stay convenience. It features 167 contemporary style Studios and One Bedroom Suites. The suites are elegantly decorated and are laid-out with hardwood flooring. All rooms and suites are furnished with a fully equipped kitchenette, microwave oven,High Speed Internet connectivity and etc. Adelphi Grande is a great place and a good choice for you to escape the hustle and bustle from your busy day; we provide general facilities and services such as Fitness Center, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Cafe Grande is the dining outlet, WiFi High Speed Internet and FREE Tuk-Tuk Shuttle Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adelphi Grande Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Adelphi Grande Hotel Bangkok