“Place to visit again”

Ranked #159 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Lasko, Slovenia
“Place to visit again”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My first accommodation was Adelphi Grande and that was just at the beginning of my holidays this year. I picked it up by thorough examination of many websites and reading many reviews of different hotels here on Tripadvisor. I needed a convenient location but still quiet enough so that we can rest after long plane ride. I also examined location with Google maps so I was prepared how to find it and how it looks from the outside.
Checking in was swift and efficient. Very nice welcome was that they upgraded us from superior to deluxe studio. When entering room I just received a smile as it was even better than on the pics. I prefer serviced apartment style accommodation before classic hotels and that is what Adelphi Grande offers.
I liked the decor and architecture of the room. I liked big window with an overlook towards Sukhumvit bustling street and skytrain. Especially I like the floors of this accommodation which is true hard wood parquet and not some cheap imitation. I like the details that Adelphi is providing e.g. comfort sleepers, two umbrellas, welcome fruits and so on. I also enjoyed at the swimming pool and some days I had it for myself. I also had a feeling that is usually used mostly by Asian business men from Japan or Korea. Sleep quality was very good as i enjoyed the bed and quiet nights. At nights I had more a feeling I'm in the middle of the jungle and not in the middle of BKK as I heard frogs outside. I liked that that I'm a bit deeper in the Soi rather beiing in the centre of busy and popular place where usually it is very loud. Accommodation itself was quiet too and not tucked with hectic daily tourists. I did not have any disturbance by loud neighbours or rattling with the doors. What I also enjoyed whit Adelphi were breakfasts and I liked that eggs were prepared fresh just infront of you. A variety of food is good and you can find anything for you no matter what nationality or race you are. I visited restaurant once also for lunch and I have to say that food is delicious and all the best to the cook. If you are lazy to go out you can certainly taste some great Thai food. As a promotion we also got free beer there so I was just spoiled by freebies and commodities provided there.
Staff at the reception was very polite always welcoming you and they also every time offered free ride by tuk tuk to the main road. I also used washing/drying machine in suite and I recognize that is great to have it on your trip. Internet connection was super fast.
I had a problem with a toilet once as one night stop to swallow water. Next morning cleaning lady came and it solved a problem in 3 seconds. Response time of their service is exemplary and I can give only compliments. I think Adelphi Grande is managed very good and that is seen through the service you get and how well the things are maintained. The only complaint I have is an air-con that is not so good positioned inside the room. It will blow directly into your head while sleeping. I need to improvise with that in order to receive cool comfort and stay healthy for my trip.
Overall I can say that Adelphi Grande can become my second remote home where I could stay for months. I'm also certain that my next visit to Bangkok will be Adelphi again. Thanks for your excellent service and comfort you provided to us. Till next time, Davor & Au.

Room Tip: The highest the floor the better the view I guess.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Valued guests,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share us and others your feedback and comments regarding your recent visit to our property on the trip advisor review. I believed that your review will be very helpful to other travelers. As your comments described how we are i.e. location, decoration, room feature, and atmosphere. However, it is our great pleasure to see that you had an enjoyable stayed with us as well as considered us as your second home. Moreover, it is also most rewarding to learn that our special efforts to provide the quality of services and personal attention are appreciated by our guests. I will certainly share your kind comments with the team.

Thank you once again for your kind observations, and fine complements as it is communication such as this that will help us to improve, and strive for the highest level of service excellence. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Adelphi Grande.

Sorayuth Sutthipholpaiboon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
California
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Nice clean rooms, good wi-fi,great staff, nice pool,location off Sukhumvit 41,there's a small Tops Market at the corner of Sukhumvit,room had a dvd player,stove, microwave,fridge,Samsung washer-dryer combo,short walk to the Emporium, free breakfast is decent.

The property is spick-and-span and quiet with a relaxing atmosphere. The preponderance of guests seem to be Japanese. The staff maintain a high-standard of attentiveness.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Keisekreiner
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your recent visit to our property on the trip advisor review. We are delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stayed with us. It is most rewarding to learn that the facilities and services provided are appreciated and recognized by our guest, especially our staff. We will continue to keep up and provide the quality of services in order to meet guest’s expectation.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Swimming pool is lovely, staff is extremely kind and helpful, rooms are clean and with modern good quality recent furnitures. We've been unlucky with our bathroom: the bath tube leans the wrong way and gravity inescapably drives any drop of water outside the bathtube to the bathroom floor, though i guess this was in our room only (601). Wifi is also slow and signal is poor (again, in room 601)

• Stayed July 2013
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Valued guests,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable comments and feedback regarding your recent visit to our property, and with regard to the unpleasant situation you encountered during your stayed all concern have been notified about the problem you mentioned. We will do our best to rectify the problem on the areas you mentioned. However, I will also definitely share your kind compliment about the service especially about the staff with the team.

Please accept our unreservedly apologize for the inconvenience and unpleasant which caused you during your stayed. We sincerely hope that this experience will not tarnish your impression with us so that we will have an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Great place, not in the nightlife area which was good for us as we like doing daytime adventures instead of drinking at night. Great wifi, and really nice breakfast. The staff are always there to greet you and can help you plan tours and tell you the easiest way to get to your destination. Very great people. Clean rooms, well kept up hotel. Beautiful place.

• Stayed June 2013
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Valued guests,

May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continue support as well as the feedback on your second visit to our property. Once again we are pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stayed with us. However, we will do our best to keep up our standard of services so that you may enjoy with our facilities and services whenever you visit us. I will also definitely share your kind comments with the team as it will encourage them to continue providing the best services to our valued guests.

Thank you, once again for your kind observation and fine compliment. We look forward to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande.

Mumbai
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Pros:
Good location in a posh locality on a quiet street
Within walking distance of supermarket, massage parlour and restaurant
Spotless rooms
Good quality amenities in the rooms.
Friendly and helpful English speaking staff
Sumptuous breakfast with Continental, Chinese and Japanese options
Excellent service standards

Cons:
Other than the breakfast, food options are limited
It is far away from the tourist spots such as palaces and temples and it takes about 90 minutes through intense traffic throughout the day to get there
The hotel does not have its own cars that guests can hire for sightseeing. You have to rely on dial-taxis and limousines.
The external tour service is expensive and a complete rip off. Tour guide is always in a hurry and sometimes does not take you to all the promised locations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PPenn
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. Your comments and feedback are very important and valuable as it will help us to improve and maintain the standard of service in order to strive for the highest level of service excellence. However, we are delighted to learn that most of our facilities and services met your expectation. With regard to the tour service comments we will definitely communicate with the tour operator in order to convey the message to them so that they could consider to improve their service on the areas mentioned.

Once again, please accept our sincere appreciation for your kind observations and feedback. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This was one of the first hotels we stayed in thailand and we love it! Rooms were spotless,spacious and great value for price. Had nice bathroom, kitchen and can do laundry in the room if needed. Staff were extra friendly "mr Paul" was very helpful. Would love to come back and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Valued guests,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback and comments regarding your recent visit to our property. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed with our facilities and services so that you had an enjoyable stayed with us. However, with you additional comments about our staff I will be more than happy to share your kind comments with them.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind observations and comments. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande.

Sincerely yours,

Sorayuth Sutthipholpaiboon (Mr)
Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I write this from my 18th floor room with the lights of Bangkok twinkling both below and above me, yet with none of the noise.

This hotel is on a narrow, quiet street which has some impressive private houses and apartment blocks, a couple of hundred metres from Sukhumvit Road. It is convenient to Prom Phong skytrain station and the Emporium shopping complex.

There is a nice pool and gym on level 4, adjacent to the restaurant. The breakfast has good quality food and excellent, friendly staff, though is very western in its selection, representative of the clientele.

In the room there is a washer/dryer combo as well as fridge and microwave. The hotel has provided a fresh fruit bowl which is replenished daily, The air conditioning is strong and the bed soft, with decent pillows and linen. If you like a bath, there is one in the big bathroom, which also has nice toiletries supplied.. There is a comfortable 2 seater a sofa in front of the flat screen TV. There are several English language stations including BBC World, CNN and HBO for movies, Also there are French, Chinese and Japanese language stations. The decor is modern without appearing sterile, and all of the furniture is actually useful and not just there for looks.

The views are pleasant and ever changing in this busy city, so you get more than just a room, you get the whole atmosphere of Bangkok.

I know there have been a lot of positive reviews of the Adelphi Grande. Believe them. It really is a pleasant place to be and if booked online is less that USD $100 a night.

Room Tip: There are upgrade offers to deluxe rooms if you book multiple nights.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank morpet
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on the trip advisor as well as share us and others your experiences regarding your recent visit to our property. We are delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations in most categories so that you had a pleasant stayed with us. It is most rewarding to learn that our facilities and services are appreciated by our guests as it will help us to develop our facilities and services to meet the highest quality.

Once again, please accept our most sincere appreciation for your kind observations, and fine compliment. We hope that we will be one of your alternative accommodations whenever you visit Bangkok, and so that we will have an opportunity to welcome and serve you again at Adelphi Grande.