“Quality accommdation in Bangkok”

Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #165 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Quality accommdation in Bangkok”
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Aldephi Grande hotel on Sukhumvit soi 41 is by far the best accommodation i have stayed in when in Bangkok,i was there from 15 to 17 Aug 09.The service is excellent,rooms are new with a kitchen area that includes a washer and dryer,great for doing laundry,about 10min to the train station and there will always be a buggy to send guest to the main road,staff are always friendly and attentive to your needs especially Mr Pom and Ms Nan from the reception area,send my regards to them,thanks.Buffet breakfast was filled with delicious food every morning,i especially like the miso soup.After all that has been said,i highly recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Bankok.Best regards to the entire management.

Nicholas Long

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 9 August 2009

The hotel itself is nothing to get excited about. The buffet breakfast isn't great and the pool area is very average. However, the room we stayed in was lovely. It was very big with a nice view and featured a small kitchen with a washing machine/dryer. There was a nice sofa to kick-back on to watch TV from. I ordered a cheeseburger from room service and was shocked at how utterly delicious it was.

Online computers were available in the lobby and we had wi-fi in our room. The staff were very nice though some of them looked a little scruffy. The guests at the hotel seemed to be Chinese or Japanese with very few westerners around which I think is always a bonus. You could do better than stay here, but you could certainly do a lot worse. I thought it was good value indeed.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
adelphigrande, General Manger at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 26 August 2009
Dear Khun Planetkimchi,

Thank you very much for your comments and review on trip advisor. We are delighted to see that you were happy with our room and in room facilities as well as food from the room service especially our chesse burger.

Khun Planetkimchi, once again we would lik to thank you for your comments and feed back. However, we will continue to improve our service in order to deliver the quality service to our customers.

We look forward to welcome and serving you again at Adelphi Grande.

Yours sincerely,

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I arrived at 9am and was able to check in without any problems. Room spacious, clean and new. Great to have the use of a washing machine, and if I had stayed longer may have used the kitchenette.

Pool was a wonderful surprise and the breakfast was fantastic. Great hotel and would stay again. Location was the only slight negative, but it is just around the corner from skyrail, so really worth the train ride for the money saved on such a great hotel

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 20 July 2009
Dear TheyellowhouseintheU,

The you very much for your fine compliments on your recent visit. I am glad to see that you were enjoy with our facilities. Hopefully, on your next visit to Bangkok you would have stay with us longer so you could have an opportunity to utilize the kitchenett and enjoy cooking your own food.

However, we are currently providing the shuttle service (tuk tuk) from the hotel to main street, which will shorten your walking distance from hotel to the skytrain station or to the shopping mall.

We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Adelphi Grande.

Sincerely yours,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I just finished three nights’ stay at various hotels in the Sukhumvit vicinity, one night each at Adelphi Grande, Admiral Premier and Legacy Suites under the cheapest single-person Expedia rate. Here is my review of this hotel, broken down into categories below. Do refer to my reviews of the other two hotels (in identical format) for easy comparison.

Location – 5 minutes’ walk from Phrom Pong station. Map provided on website is quite straightforward.

Room – Large with king bed, small sofa, table with 2 chairs, kitchenette with fridge (stocked with mini bar items) and microwave. Slightly clinical grey décor.

View – Room curtains perpetually drawn as it faces another unsightly building.

Bath – Large shower cubicle with sliding door, with choice of two shower heads. No bath tub.

Toiletries – Shower gel and shampoo, plus a few small amenities.

Internet access – Complimentary wifi access codes provided at check in.

Fitness facilities – Small pool with basic gym. Pool water was quite murky though.

Breakfast – Best selection of the three hotels, and included in Expedia rate. A choice of indoor or outdoor seating areas, with eggs cooked to order at an outdoor egg station. Fairly attentive breakfast staff.

Others - When I checked out and requested a taxi, I was told by the bell hop that the guard would have to walk to the main Sukhumvit road to flag one down personally then lead the taxi back to the hotel, and suggested that I walk out instead to flag down my own taxi!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank carr0tjuice
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 15 July 2009
Dear Khun Dino1812

Thank you very much for taking a time to send us your contructive comments.

I was dispointed to learn that we were unable to provide you the taxi service upon your departure. Please accept my profound apology for the oversight.

However, all of your comments have been noted, we will definitely address the service areas where lack of the attentive to detail in order to improve accordingly.

Khun Dino1812, thank you once again for your observations as it is communication such as this that will help us to improve our service, and strive for the highest level of service standard.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome and serving you again at Adelphi Grande Bangkok.

Warmest regards,

San Francisco
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We loved this hotel for its location and amenities. It is situated in an alley off of a busy street so it was peaceful and quiet at night. And it was only a short walk to a BTS station. As for amenities, I loved the washer/dryer. We bought a small bag of detergent and I actually enjoyed doing the laundry every evening. In addition, the room was very spacious and comfortable. There was free wifi throughout the hotel. We didn't use the gym or the pool but they looked nice. The breakfast buffet was satisfactory. The only minor complaint that I had was that they could not accomodate my super-early flight by packing for me a to-go breakfast. Maybe I'm just spoiled because a hotel we stayed at previously had done that for us. But overall, we were both very happy and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lycheeshore
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 11 July 2009
Dear Khun Lycheeshore

Thank you very much for taking a time to send us your valuable comments.I was delighted to see that most of our facilities and services met your expectation.

However, please accept my my sincere apologzie that we fail to provide you to-go breakfast on your departure date.

Khun Lycheeshore, with your constructive comment it will help us to improve, and strive for the highest level of service excellence. Please note that on your future visit we will definately not miss to provide you to-go breakfast or any special requirement.

We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Adelphi Grande Bangkok in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2009

My sister and I stayed at Adelphi for 8 nights in a fantastic room - very clean, quite, all the amenities you would ever need-they paid attention to details like bathrobes and slippers.
We really like the fact that they had a washing machine and dryer which made it very it very convinient. Evrything was new and worked well, from bed sheets to DVD player and flat screen tv (they only use top brands like Samsung). We have done much travelling around the world and this was one of the most comfotable, pleasant and enjoyable hotel stays-we did not want to leave Adelphi!!!

All the staff, especially the General Manager, Mr. Sarayut, was very warm and very understanding of the needs of his guests an d he made sure we had everything we needed. Pom, Dit, To, Nouk, Honey, Koy, Nez and all the restaurant staff were all excellent and attentive to all our requests and many questions. One of the most memorable things was the buffet breakfast. One of the best i have ever had!!! Fresh, variety and service was amazing, we had a relaxing breakfast every morning. It is in a safe neighbourhood, only a short walk to the BTS station, supermarket and shopping.

We would recommend to anyone looking for comfort and personal touch. I would definatly come back to Adelphi with my family and friends next time I am in Bangkok. Don't hesitate and book at this hotel. You will be glad you did. Congratulations to all the staff and Mr.Sarayut for the outstanding service and facilities you provide at Adelphi. Hope to go back to Bangkok and Adelphi real soon-really miss the scrumtious breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank JaymePark
adelphigrande, General Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 6 July 2009
Dear Khun Jaymepark,

Thank you very much for your kind comment and observation. It is most rewarding and pleasure to learn that we are exceeded your expectation in most categories.

In regards to your kind comment, employee like Pom, Dit, Toh, Nook, Honey, Koy and Nez are one of our strengths and we are fortunate to have them on our team. I will certainly share your fine comment with them in order to continue providing the high standard of service to our customers.

We look forward to welcome and serving you and your family again at Adelphi Grande in the near future.

Sweden
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Arrived in Bangkok after 10 weeks of travel in Thailand for a last stop and this is the best hotel of all that I´ve stayed at during this trip.

Found the hotel when I was searching the Internet and did not think that the rooms would look anything like they do on the pictures - but they are spot on!
Booked two rooms as we are a big family and everything is brand new and stylish, I really enjoy the room decor and finish of all. Good size bathroom with both tub and shower and beds are not hard like most of them are in Thailand, so a big extra + for that!

To have a washer/dryer in the room is perfect. When the children watched Cartoon Network I put on a machine and all was clean and dry before bedtime. Feels wonderful to know that I don´t have to do that as I get back home to Sweden.

Free Internet in room with own laptop and hotelcomputers in lobby also free of charge.

Breakfast is great with many alternatives for every taste. All fresh and the tvscreens showing morningnews in english was a pleasant surprise.

Location is perfect, only minutes from the BST Phrong Phom and easy to walk even with a babystroller.

Staff is very serviceminded and they all speak good english.

I would like to compliment the hotelwebsite. Absolutely perfect - just like the Adelphi Grande. This is truly a hidden gem and I will return!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank peacefulness
adelphigrande, Manager at Adelphi Grande Sukhumvit by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 30 June 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that we met your expectation in most categories. It is most rewarding to learn that our special efforts to provide the highest quality of service are appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your observations, and fine compliments as it is communication such as this that will help us to improve, and strive for the highest level of service excellence.

We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of serving you again at Adelphigrande.

The Management