“Acceptable if you're desperate”
Review of SP Power Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bangkok
SP Power Lodge
Ranked #701 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Auckland, New Zealand
“Acceptable if you're desperate”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Had a night in transit in Bangkok and had only slept about 3 hours out of the last 48, so when the touts at the airport offered me this place, and it included transfers, and it was way less than I had budgeted (only 1300 baht), I took it gratefully.

I knew it would be pretty crap, and a that it would be a rip-off for that price, and I was right. I knew what I was in for. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I found my room to be pretty clean. The satellite TV was good as I had my child with me, the AC was a good temperature, and the shower had ample hot water.

The included breakfast was awful; my child wouldn't even enter the restaurant because it smelt funny.

I would make sure I was more organised if I was in that situation again so I wouldn't have to go there again, but I think I could easily have done worse.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

I have already submitted a review but after several hours at this place I unveiled more horrors
Feces on the wall and lump of it behind the toilet on floor. Shower tiles full of mould, stained used bed sheets. Plug hole clogged with thick black hairs. My god I can't get over this place.

• Stayed November 2012
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2012 via mobile

I went to airport on wrong night after gettin mixed up with times.I had no choice other than to rely on airport hotel to book me a hotel as I had no phone or internet.
I was charged £60 for two nights.
I have stayed in a 1star in India which was better.
I have been to Bangkok many times I know when I have been ripped off. Certainly have here. You can get a lovely hotel for the same price some were else

Middle no were
Rooms stank of sewage
No window so it's like prison cell
Walls filthy as furniture too
Bed sheets dirty not changed.
WIfI very very slow in room which , it's 200 bt for 24 hours.
Dare not use shower

If this was England I'd of complained. The brochure at airport dos not look like how it really is
It's like hostel the film
Totally ripped off. You would be expected to pay about 4 £ a night for this realistically. Just because it's near airport it's expensive
I have stayed at orchid resort for 900baht a night ten min from airport. Beautiful hotel, clean , luxury and stunning. This should be closed down.
It's diabolical..

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank vanyalouise
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Only stayed one night whilst on a stop over and that was enough .
Positives - Near the Airport and transfers are included in the price . Rooms are clean .
Negatives - Rooms below standard for the price , positioned in the middle of nowhere next to freeway " so no food available " , breakfast was a joke " had to eat at airport " . free thai massage offered but not given . Room had a smell of sewer at times . Shower water was cold to warm . Airconditioning temp could not be adjusted .

Give this hotel a miss , i would not recommend it to other travellers

Room Tip: Always ask for pictures of a hotel and location " A picture says a thousand words "
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mark348
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

The room is clean enough, but there's an odd smell but can't quite put a finger on what it is.

Paid 1,100 baht for hotel and airport transfers after they originally said 1800 baht.
Restaurant was absolute rubbish, they can't even manage chips or bread. I ask for bread I get toast.

Shower head was damaged when we arrived.
The rooms the best bit, whereas the rest of the hotel is a bit crap.
They've charged me 250 baht for wi fi that isn't fast and you can only use one device on it at a time ( they give you one username and password), not happy as we both have iPads so have share one. Not giving them any more money.

I will say though, at the airport they were clean and well dressed and were even shown where the taxi was, which was nice. Then the taxi came, what I can only describe as a shed on wheels.
I got in anyway and 10 minutes later we arrive in what is no better than a hotel in Blackpool.
Wouldn't recommend.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank gftk91
poppadoms01235
Reviewed 10 April 2012

A basic hotel but great value for money.
Arrived at Bangkok airport just wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful and thats what we got. A twin room which was absolutely massive, with cable tv, free bottled water in room, breakfast included, a free thai massage and transfer to and from the airport all for aprox £40 which is much cheaper than some of the others. There is a 7/11 within walkin distance and some traditional thai food stalls/restaurants about 10mins walk away. The hotel does have a restaurant but it isn't great, its edible but nothing to rave about. Breakfast consisted of Toast, eggs, 2 cocktail sausages, ham, tea/coffee, orange juice, butter and jam. Decent for the price.
The hotel is 7-10mins from the airport dependent on traffic.
If your looking for somewhere just to get your head down before catching another flight then this is ideal, if your looking for something special with amenities then pay for the Novotel.

Room Tip: Booking at the airport gets you a free Thai Massage (the Tourist Info desk)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank poppadoms01235
München
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Needed hotel for one night next to the airport. The desk in Suvarnaphumi suggested the "SP Power Lodge" for 1.500.- THB including free pickup and dropoff at the airport, breakfast and a free massage. The room was clean, including the bathroom, but one thing was really bad: The aircon always ended with a very loud "bang" and this noise cost me a lot of sleep. The breakfast was very basic, but the pickup and dropoff worked out fine. Close to the airport and Airport-Express-Station "Lat Krabang". Sorry, but I cannot suggest it to other travellers.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank klaus227
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Silver Gold Garden Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel
#2 of 5 in Racha Thewa
BS Premier Airport Hotel
BS Premier Airport Hotel
#681 of 858 in Bangkok

Been to SP Power Lodge? Share your experiences!