“Great Value for Money”

Ranked #729 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Manila, Philippines
“Great Value for Money”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time at Varindavan Hotel. We booked online through agoda and got a fantastic price considering the high standard of the hotel.

The apartment style rooms are extremely clean and because the rooms are so peaceful (complete silence), you can really get a good nights sleep in the large comfortable bed. Everything you need is in the room with separate bathroom, hair-dryers, iron and ironing-board etc, fridge. It's a little way out from the center of Bangkok, so it's a welcome peaceful break from all the fast paced hustle and bustle. Once you get inside the hotel, you feel relaxed. It really is great value compared to the other hotels in Bangkok.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. On our visits to Thailand, we usually only pass through Bangkok, but this time we decided to stay for 3 nights to look around the city.

The Ekammai Sky-train station is quite a walk, but only a very minor dis-satisfaction as everything else was perfect.

Thank you to the staff of Varindavan for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and found the room very peaceful, but it's generally a peaceful area
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andy J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bangkok
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Varindavan Park is now a new hotel which near BTS Ekkamai and also have a best newly room.
This hotel is the best for me but expect they change new staff and the new staff have a nice looking but a bad heart, they do not know how to take care of customer but the best thing that I remember of this hotel is the old sister staff and I had their number so I called them and talk to her in thai and ask her for help.
I can not remember her name but they are sister and before they stay in the lobby and take care with their heart to the customer. They guide me to a night bazaar and also gave us a New Year Wish card. The sister staff is the old staff in varindavan park they are very helpful and friendly also one thing that i can not forget is the night man was the same man he also took care of me perfectly. I will recommend all of my friend to the new Varindavan Park and also I will recommend the owner of this hotel to bring the sister staff (old Staff) to come and guide the customer with their heart again. In conclusion this hotel is the best hotel I had stayed and I will come back but the manager must change the front desk staff for me because in this hotel everything was good except the new staff. I want to give a special thank to the sister staff and the night man who always take care of me and never forget our family. May this new year bring all of you the best and please come back to stay and help customer in the lobby no one can take your places. You three are the best for customer services.
Kamely Kingkaew

Room Tip: The new hotel near BTS
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

It's my wonderful trip in Bangkok I book Varindavan park hotel in Ekkamai area. The staff of hotel is very nice and friendly and specially room's are very nice and quite. They have also family suite and good thing it's fully new furnish and becoming best western . When ever I visit to Bangkok I will stay same hotel and I also recommend this hotel to my all friends.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Mahal14
Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 15 November 2012

its location in Ekammai Soi paves way for easy approach to any attraction in Bangkok.
There is a Massage Parlour where one can feel the touch of Traditional Thai Massage.
The restaurant is under renovation. Even then we could get nice food in late night

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Based on the reviews on tripadvisor we booked this hotel for 2 nights. You have to do a prepay booking on their website in order to get the best price. So if you donot know this hotel it is some risky. The hotel is situated in Soi 12 Ekamai. That is not a pedestrian area, so walking around with all the traffic is not easy. The best way to go there is by taxi. We paid everytime not more than 60 Bath for the trip to and from BTS Ekkamai. I asked for a quiet room, but when we checked in and entered the room they gave us, it was a room on the frontside facing busy Soi 12. So I asked for another one, which we got. The rooms are quite nice, we had a seperate bedroom and living area. The rooms are absolutely not luxury, but basic. But what you pay for is really very very good value for money. The staff is extreemly friendly and they really try to do their very best to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet. It is a residential area, so in the morning there are barking dogs. L...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lentravel
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have stayed here for 5 days.
PROS
1) Price, very cheap for Bangkok.
2) Big modern TV with good cable
3) It has a Pool... But to be honest, there is no place to lay down and read a book as there is almost no shade and only TWO deck chairs for all guests.
4) Cleaning staff was flawless.
CONS
1) WI-FI is down for most of the day, it comes back for a few hours and then It's down again. Some times it's gone for a few days. It was down for 2 days out of the 5 days I spent there. Staff is NOT helpful when asked to fix the wifi and prefer to ignore you, I saw it happening with other guests apart from myself.
2) TOO FAR FROM BTS Station - THERE is NO BUS from the hotel to BTS, I decidede to stay in this hotel after reading a review saying that the hotel is a five minutes bus or bike trip to BTS, I asked on the hotel, they said there was no bus near by and told me I had to get a cab to BTS costing 100 bath rounds trip ( add this expense to your daily budget before deciding to stay here) THERE ARE NO BIKES to rent anywhere nearby. I advise you to avoid walking from hotel to BTS, there are no footpath for pedestrians, no curbs, for half of the way. it's dangerous walking from this Hotel to BTS, specially at night when the cars and motorbikes can't see you on the road, I did it and almost got run down by a car. There is not much light on the hotel's street.
3)The bed is too hard, I had trouble sleeping here. Pillows are also terrible.
4) air con was the worst. It's SO NOISY it would wake me up in the middle of the night it was so loud. I had to turn if off sometimes to have some peace.
5) Bathroom is so tiny and narrow, I had to get inside the shower in order to use the sink. You can't open the door to the bathroom completely because the sink is on the way. Only one person at a time can enter the bathroom.
Nope, I would not come back again, but you should make up your own mind.

Room Tip: Don't believe reviews saying this hotel offers easy acess to BTS, there are no buses from near h...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank MimaBev

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at this service apartment in Jan 2012.

Group : We were 4 friends.
Location: Far from sky train. Need to take taxi to go to nearest skytrain station. Since apartment is in a lane, you will find place to be quiet.
Stay : 2 nights.
Rooms : 2BHK apartment allotted was not at par with the pictures in the site. Rooms were smaller in size and there was no living room as such.
Breakfast : You had an option to choose from four to five category. You will find something that suits you.

If you want a place which is easily accessible, try somewhere else. If looking for decent accommodation, residential neighborhood, with other facilities like wifi, gym and swimming pool, you may go for this.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends