“Good price, location & tidy”
Review of SilQ Bangkok

Ranked #199 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in November 2013. Hotel is in a side street off the busy Sukhumvit Road and was quiet but easy walk to get to main road. Hotel room on the small side, was clean, mattress/bed was firm. however when we put the air con on room smelled of smoke but I guess just a filter change was needed. Not the nicest smell for 2 non smokers. Bathroom was a decent size & shower was huge and water always hot, toiletries were supplied by hotel. Breakfast buffet not great to be honest and could be improved, but service from the staff was good. For 2 nights at a total of £50 for 2 of us b&b we couldn't really have asked for much more to be honest! For the money I'd say a good choice.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Narinthip G, Guest Relations Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review of SilQ Bangkok Hotel on your Trip Advisor page. It was wonderful to read about your experience at SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope we can welcome you back very soon to the Land of Smiles.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

this is a small boutique hotel situated in the heart of sukhumvit. the hotel was easy to find. The overall ambiance was very private and serene, and I felt like I was very much shielded from the bustling bangkok traffic. sukhumvit can get quiet chaotic in the daytime, but it quietens down at night. soi 19, where silq hotel is situated, is undisturbed by night life, yet only a five min walk away from soi cowboy for those looking for some night entertainment. silq is a short walk away from Terminal 21 and Asok station, and there are plenty of convenience stores around should you need to stock up on basic necessities.

The hotel and rooms were well maintained and housekeeping does a good job with their daily routine. bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower was clean (i did have a bit of an issue with the warm water in the shower, but not enough for me to kick up a big fuss. Also, I think this issue would vary room to room).

hotel staff were always warm, friendly and responsive.

breakfast was simple, western. this did not bother me as there were plenty of good eats on the street right outside the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank harlequeen_yx

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you being with us and hope we can welcome you back to SilQ Bangkok hotel again soon.

If we can help in any way to set up your next trip, please feel free to reach out directly.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel is in a very good location and the price for the rooms are value for money. Had a good stay and will definitely be back for it. The rooms are clean and its just 1 min walk to Terminal 21 with the train lines near to the hotel. Massage and 7-eleven stores are just at the doorstep makes it more convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Adrian C
Narinthip G, Public Relations Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review.

It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to having you back in the near future and please let me know if there is anything I can do assist with you next visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

In the middle of thick of things. Health Land for a great non-nonsense massage around one corner, Terminal 21 and Soi Cowboy around the other one. If you're just looking for a clean comfortable room to stay over night at a very reasonable price, this is the one.

1  Thank Hilbert O

Reviewed 12 November 2013

extremly friendly, helpful and efficient service - very clean - very centraly located, right near the shopping area of Sukhumvit.
Overall impression: so fresh, transparent (big windows), modern - simply: we had a great stay at the SilQ - and will come again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jens-Joachim D
Narinthip G, Public Relations Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review.

It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us. Also it is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. It’s something our staff takes great pride in. I will pass your compliments on to them.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

SilQ Hotel is only 5 mins walking distance to Asoke BTS station and Sukhumvit MRT station which basically links you to most parts of Bangkok. Siam area is still the best place to stay, but Siam station is only a few stations away from Asoke (around 10 mins by BTS), so it's convenient still. Healthland Spa, which is one of the well established spa in thailand, is only 5 mins walking from the hotel. I went twice for an aromatherapy massage and a Thai massage and both were really good for the amount that I paid. Wifi at the hotel is very good and easy to access. Although the shower area is quite big, the water from the shower was running very close towards the wall and it is not adjustable, so I had to stand very close the wall to shower. Breakfast at the hotel could have been better too. Overall, worth the price.

1  Thank Nur A
Narinthip G, Public Relations Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear TripaAvisor Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review. It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us. At SilQ Bangkok Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This is a great 4 star hotel - I had a 2 night stay - and was very happy there. The Location is convenient - the price (i used Agoda was great - I paid @ $70 a night) - I stayed in a different hotel 2 weeks ago - and paid @ the same - but was really disappointed in the previous hotel - both claimed the same amenities - but I am really glad I went with SilQ on the 2nd trip - I wish I had stayed their the first time...

The hotel staff were fantastic - I had a problem with an airline ticket - that I couldn't solve in English - and they called the airline on my behalf - and helped me with my ticketing issue... I was super impressed and really grateful for their help.

The room was clean - and very pleasant - I had to spend a morning on the computer - and was able to skype over their WiFi - which was huge.

If you are spending a few days - business or sightseeing this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in 703 - a corner unit.