“Good place to stayed”

Ranked #185 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok
“Good place to stayed”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Good location for shopping and easy to going around by sky train I'm here for a short time stay but I will be back soon. The area around the hotel is filled with restaurants and night life which is very good for couples or single travelers. Overall I would recommend my friends to come visit Silq.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Location Sukhumvit heart of Bangkok close up with shopping mall ,massage, super market , sky train and subway are 5 minutes walking to there staff are friendly , room very clean We will back to stay here again

• Stayed June 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Perfect location between Asok and Sukumvit stations. That was perfect if you are in Bangkok to visit as you are on the main metro/skyline lines. 5 mns walking from the stations, a big shopping center next door, massages salon in the street so as couple of supermarkets. Surrounded by street food stalls. Closed to red Light district.
Clean, not extraordinary but ok to european standards.
Breakfast indeed not amazing but ok.
Very friendly staff
Largely enough is you look for a nice and well located place to stay for a Bangkok visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy G
Silq, Front Office Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you being with us and we looking forward to receiving you again in the near future at SilQ Bangkok. Please contact us directly via e-mail fo@silqbkk.com for your special next visit.

West Bengal
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Good hotel but overpriced. One can get better hotels at this price. WIFI not working, only counter at lobby is for internet. Staff very hospitable always smiling and ready to help you. Complimentary Breakfast is not good because no variety. Restaurant also has no variety of foods. Overall this hotel is not recommended by me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nilanjansanyal
Silq, Front Office Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Kindly to informed you that SilQ Bangkok Hotel offers exceptional convenience for business or leisure travelers with easy access to commercial, financial and shopping destinations.our hotel is normal prices. Wifi connection that happened from the company we are prompt to fixed its when the guest informed us. Our breakfast that enough for a value of your money because we are discount 30% if you need more variety you should pay more for that.

Thank you for your happy with our service we always try to maintain our service mind for our value guest

Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I tried to email the hotel a few times for reservation but never got a reply so I called them and they said will check their email. Each time after our conversation they said will email me but there were several occasions when I have to chase for replies.

I asked for complimentary late check-out and the staff told me he'll put it in request but when I checked in the hotel manager told me "no, my staff won't say such things" so I told him I'll check my emails but I couldn't find that email. In the end they found it and showed it to me, they did apologize to me but mentioned again it's 'subject to availability' which I totally understand. So on the day before I checked out I asked about it again and they said I have to pay for half day rate (i asked for 5 pm). "So if I pay, there is room, if I don't pay, there is no room for extension am I right?" To that the front desk said yes. The reason was because I have been upgraded to Superior Room from Double Room. If only that is being communicated to me in the first place instead of "I'll put your request in the booking." I won't be feeling so sore.
Speechless but I paid of course.

Room is of okay size and very bright. Bedroom slippers provided but are recycled. Bath robes are available. Breakfast is basic.

No drinking water given to us on the 4 days we stayed there. I knew from my friends only after my return that they got 2 bottles of drinking water everyday. Well, maybe that's again because I've been upgraded from double to superior hence the different treatment. We were also not served welcomed drinks during checked in and I actually asked for it after I saw them being served to another group of travelers checking in later than us. The staffs are just not attentive enough.

That said, I have to give credits to the lady on 2nd shift during my stay last weekend. She is very friendly, smiles from her heart and genuinely helpful. If only all of them were like her. She helped to get a cab for us to the train market and even helped to negotiate with the driver for a fixed metered fare. We met her again before we left for the airport and she helped us again with the cab she is just so wonderful.

Hote location is awesome. Less than 5 mins walk to Terminal 21 shopping mall which has a good selection of food choices and plenty of shopping. Supermarket is there and massage centres are everywhere. Healthland and Asok BTS is also a short 5 mins walk away.

Overall the hotel is okay to stay, I only wish the service can be better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Kindly to informed you that for complimentary late check out only 13:00 hrs.subject to available. and also from our e-mail we didn't confirmed for complimentary late check out. As your requested 17:00 hrs. for late check out of course you have to pay for that also the guest who are very VIP.

For room up grade we were complimentary for you. meantime if you stayed in room without up grade we still confirmed to charge for late check out.

Normally we provided drinking water in the refrigerator I hopefully you are open it and you can contact us if you would like to have more for that.

Welcome drink waiter they knew & tried to served for you but you are very busy with talked on that times they don't want to interrupt you.

Taxi, we didn't have in our hotel but we can help our guest for arranged the taxi.

The service be better from you that mean we have to complimentary late check out until 17:00 hrs. I do apologize we cannot do that.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I also highly recommended this hotel. Just read the review below called "Pleasant Stay" and it is all there. I only know the Deluxe rooms and stayed on the 8th floor. I was advised it was worth the extra after reading other reviews and perhaps that is so. Yes I loved my 3 day stay at SILQ, all very cool. One small improvement could be made though - the curtains have "dark out" but they are not very effective and consequently if you are sleeping in make sure you have eye patches ! Thanks SILQ.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Highly recommended this hotel. Cosy n clean room. Very good location, just 3 mins walk to asok BTS interchange of sukhumvit station. Near terminal 21 mall. Rooms pace not big but comfort bed. We love this hotel and fast in room wifi. Night time got street foods and restaurants nearby. Will stay again if we back to bangkok.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Silq, Front Office Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this review, 15 June 2014