I had walked past this hotel a few times in the past as I approach the Asoke BTS or Sukhumvit MRT – the hotel is just a few steps away. So I decided to stay here for 3 nights in my recent trip. Indeed, it is very convenient. So here’s the pros and cons of staying in this hotel.
- Location is superb. Just next to Asoke BTS or Sukhumvit MRT stations. Easy connection to popular areas in Bangkok. If not, just flag off a taxi off the road.
- The hotel is relatively new, as is the room, fittings and toilet.
- Despite some earlier comments about aircon and shower, they both work fine in the two rooms that I stayed.
- Staff is very friendly and helpful.
- It is next to Terminal 21, so you can get your conveniences (food, munchies, drinks) from the basement supermarket, meals on the upper floors (restaurants and food courts), and shopping on many more floors.
- The room is small, but the worse thing is it is very narrow. At the tip of the bed, there is barely enough space to walk through without hitting the wall or kicking the bed.
- Breakfast is adequate – there is an egg station. Other than that, the food is quite boring and I’ve had nicer coffee in my hotels in Bangkok.
- I was first given a room on Level 2, just next to reception. It was noisy, especially at night where you can hear people talking on walkie-talkie.
- As one side of the hotel faces the main road, I asked for another room at the other facing. Which was quiet – BUT the room does not have a window, yes no window. It has a fake window with window pane and curtain, but the light the outside was lighted by artificial lighting.
- Complimentary wifi is provided, but he password is good for only one device. So like me, I was carrying an iphone, ipad and notebook – I ended needing 3 passwords.
- The hotel does not have any facilities like swimming pool or fitness centre. This is probably not so important if you are here to shop, eat and relax outside.
So the test question – will I stay here again? My answer would be probably be “no” – for the same price, I can get a larger room with hotel facilities, and not too far from the BTS or MRT stations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- S Sukhumvit Suites is a stylish city hotel in the heart of Sukhumvit area, ideally located right on the main Sukhumvit Road, between Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke Intersection) and Sukhumvit 23. Literally only a few steps from hotel entrance leading up to the pedestrian bridge towards the interchange stations of BTS Asok (sky train), MRT Sukhumvit (Metro) and Terminal 21, offers the most convenient accessible to explore almost every must-see attractions in Bangkok. All 75 non-smoking rooms are uniquely furnished in restful colors with a range of room types from Superior, Superior Twin Beds, Deluxe and Suite which specific features of distinctive design, well-equipped standard room amenities, and stay seamlessly connected with Free WiFi internet access in-room and public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your S Sukhumvit Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- s Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok