“Good Value”
Review of Royal View Resort

Royal View Resort
Ranked #107 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Royal View Resort was our first stop in Thailand. Compared with the price, we were quite satisfied with the rooms, service and breakfast. The hotel staff were nice and helpful.

We also tried Thai Message at the hotel. It was really special experience.

We don't spend much time at hotel but it was comfortable. And I will recommend it to my firends.

Room Tip: The view is not good actually but it doesn't mean a lot
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Royal View Resort

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We (myself, wife, two children) stayed in a deluxe room for two nights--9th and 10th of July 2013. The stay was comfortable. Room facilities were very good. Staffs of the hotel were very helpful. WiFi connectivity is extremely good. Complimentary breakfast has a wide range of menus. The location of the hotel is suitable for tourists as well as business people. You can book local tours from the lounge of the hotel.

Advice- Try for a room in 3rd or higher floors.

Room Tip: Try for room at 3rd or higher floors---facing park side.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Abhijit C
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I actually recently stayed twice at this hotel, first for one night and then again for 3. My experience was somewhat different for these two stays.

During my recent trip to Thailand, I had a one-night stopover in Bangkok before traveling to Pattaya. Because I planned to take the cheap van service from Victory Monument, I needed a nearby place to spend the night, and the price was right at the Royal View Resort. (And I agree with the other reviewers, it's not really nice enough to meet expectations as a resort, even though it has an on-site massage service.)

Check-in was great, the staff welcoming, and the room, in a word, beautiful. I thought the more critical reviews here had missed the mark. In fact, I like the room so much that when I returned to BKK a few days later, I decided to come back to the Royal View as well.

Maybe they are going through a renovation or something, but the room I was given this time, was nowhere near as nice (for the same price) a little dusty, and most disturbingly--at night time roaches came out. Many roaches. They came up and sprayed, but it didn't really help. This actually made me feel a little sad, as I had been so enchanted by the place on my first visit.

First Visit = Very good
Second Visit = Poor

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 28 July 2013

As others have said, there's nothing resort-ish about this hotel. It is a budget hotel. The rooms are clean, but not nice. It is not well-built, the walls are cracked, rough edges at every corner, particle board furniture - very utilitarian. Drainage conduit in the bathroom from some unknown device from the ceiling - sad. The location is great - right by Victory Monument. I regret paying extra for a "royal suite" as it was just a normal room with a large hallway and small TV room with a love seat that 2 people can't even comfortably sit on - not very functional and no real added value. The shower water varied from luke warm to ice cold - it was never hot. How can you call yourself a 3 star hotel (or 1 star) if you don't have hot water? Overall I I'd have felt better if I had booked one of the normal $40 rooms instead of the $80 suite, as this is a budget hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrJoeG
Reviewed 18 June 2013

It's not really a resort; just the name. Its a small hotel, with good location in Rangnam. Very near the famous King Power, duty-free shopping complex and a short walk to Victory Monument BTS Station. If you are going to Hua Hin, its also a short walk ( same distance to Victory Monument ) to the mini-van station. Really convenient; but some taxi-drivers may not be really sure of the hotel location, so make sure you have the english and thai written address for the hotel. Rooms are huge and well-appointed, for the price I paid and overall ,I love it !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Bangkok and chose this hotel because of its price and location. I didn't need much: a clean room with air conditioning, value for money, smiles from the people, and the location has to be near Victory Monument BTS station.

Royal View Resort seem to fit the bill.

Getting to the hotel from airport was relatively easy if you don't have large luggage. Take the airport train to Phayathai station, then change to the BTS, Victory Monument is just one stop away. It is approximately a 10-15 minutes walk from the BTS station to the hotel, be warned that the pathway is not even which can be annoying for those with wheeled luggage.

Check in was smooth and staffs relatively friendly, I was given WiFi password along with room key. There is only one lift servicing all floors of the hotel therefore can be slow getting to the room.

The room looks like it has been recently renovated, it is basic with a king size bed (quite hard I should add) and 2 pillows, a bar fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, 2 bottles of drinking water, a dressing table and a chair, 2-seater couch, TV, and one bedside table. The room was quite clean, it also has a huge balcony overlooking neighbour's courtyard which I didn't use.

The bathroom is dated but clean, it has a strong smell which I found came from a bag of moth ball fragments which housekeeping kept in the bathroom, the smell was so strong that I had to hide the bag in one of the huge cupboard under the sink.

The bath tub is rather high and shower curtain didn't do much to prevent water from leaking out, it can be tricky for those with movement difficulties to get in and out of the bath tub when taking a shower. The edge of the tub is also made of solid tiles which I imagine can hurt if one is to slip and knock oneself against it.

The hotel has a massage centre which I was told is good, it also has a small restaurant which service I didn't use, there are also 2 PC in the lounge area providing internet services for the guests, apart from that there aren't other facilities, which I think hotel should drop "Resort" from its name as it is misleading.

There are lots of hawkers and places to eat around Victory Monument - one of my favourite is a Japanese buffet called "Shabushi" inside Century Movie Plaza, there is also a good seafood restaurant at the other end of Soi Rangnam (on the left). Every evening there is live music from the bar right next to the BTS station.

I like the hotel's location but am not convinced if I will stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank little_ostow
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We travelled in June'12.The check-in was breezy and the staff is very helpful.They helped us with the map to check out the places. They also, organize tours for the guests to travel to Floating market and other places around bangkok.There is also free WiFi which is good.
The rooms are not too large but are cosy and comfortable. The best part is the buffet breakfast... its Elaborate. Wide variety to choose from.. Indian and continental dishes. The chef willingly prepared a special omelet for me.
The hotel is located in the center of the town and very close to Victory Monument station from the backside.Small eateries and restaurants around the hotel are also good.
Its a great value for money and will surely visit again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple