Due to the last political events in Bangkok and passing by the Thai capital I had to change of hotel as my favorite one was closed. As per their website I had decided to stay in this hotel as it looks trendy and a bit different as an hotel can be in a so beautiful country as Thailand.
We stayed only one night and it was more of enough. Occupancy was less of 20% as per the reception and we had to face several challenges since our arrival there:
- no Thai greetings at arrival or even a smile (can be a fake one at least) but Thailand is famous for beeing the Land of Smiles... no????
- I asked for a higher floor and non smoking room, the room number was changed manually on the registration card from 504 to 404 before our arrival and when I mentioned it at the check in the receptionist (female) replied to me that the 5th and top floor of the hotel was under renovation. Not true at all as this floor was closed for saving energy. We checked ourselves and did not see any renovation works on this floor and can understand it as this hotel is open since less of 2 years... Not really nice to lie in this way to a client.
- ceiling in the lobby has a very ugly black moist stain near the air con fan and it does not like nice at all and especially hygienic.
- the room given was quite small, especially the bathroom, the space between the wash basin and the shower and the door is ridiculous and well the toilet bowl and the shower partition.
- shower door was leacking and as a result the bath mat was wet as well the floor in the bathroom before I finish my shower.
- no body lotion.
- no make up mirror.
- TV channels list were not matching with the TV list provided on the bedside table (no French channel on the TV but mentioned on the list as an example...
- Frames in the room and in the bathroom were full of dust and not a dust from one week or one month.
- minibar drinks outrageously expensive 80 THB for a soft drink as Coca Cola is simply ridiculous when you have a convenient store at less of 2 minutes from this hotel and you can get the same for less of 20 THB.
- Breakfast was ok, no buffet due to the low occupancy and I can understand it. However no music in the restaurant around 8am and the two TV there were both on CNN...
- Check out was slow, not really courteous and without smile at all.
I have to admit that as professional hotelier myself since more of 15 years I had required to meet the Manager of this place as I was quite upset by all these details, she offers us a plate of fruits and a correct discount on the room rate. However I keep still disappointed by this place and will not stay again as I find quite ridiculous their attitude especially in matter of cleaning when the hotel is at less of 20% of occupancy.
I will pass on the fact that the staff was talking in Thai when I was with my partner (Thai national) and not talking in English as international business and tourism language and mostly Thai people especially working in tourism, hospitality and hotel industry are speaking English. Quite rude and not professional.
There are plenty of great places and hotels in this area and in Bangko, for sure it was the first and the last time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On8 Sukhumvit Nana Bangkok Hotel is Bangkok's latest chic hotel located right in the center of it all. It offers hip and yet avant-garde designs for modern day travelers.Conveniently located next to the Nana BTS Skytrain Station along Sukhumvit Road, in an area considered one of the most vibrant, colourful and touristy part of Bangkok. Here, shopping, dining and entertainment options abound, offering exciting choices well-suited to a variety of lifestyles. A cosy hotel with only 40 rooms to choose from. Each hip in style with faux leather accents, timber designed ceramic flooring and the latest in-room technology including wireless Internet access and a 32" LCD TV.The entire hotel is Wi-Fi enabled for the guest's convenience. Hotel facilities include the trendy On8 Cafe, in-room dining and Internet stations. This is a 100% non-smoking property. Intimate in size and rich in details, On8 combines simplicity with an attitude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your On8 Sukhumvit Nana By Compass Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On8 Sukhumvit Bangkok
- On8 Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok