“Good lunch”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I am Surprised to read the bad reviews. We had good service and good food. A great place to stop after sightseeing. We went on the lonely planet recommendation and would go again.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I am a fan of authentic Thai food, so my Tour with Tong guide, Nang, recommended the Coconut Palm Restaurant after I had a massage at the Wat Po Traditional Massage School nearby. My guide ordered for both of us and we shared the vegetarian egg dish and the green curry with chicken. Each of us also had a large bowl of very tasty soup and three glasses of iced lemon grass tea--all for 210 baht! The meal was wonderful. The service was not only very fast but everyone was very friendly. I highly recommend Coconut Palm for a high quality but very inexpensive lunch or dinner!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Came across this place upon leaving Wat Pho. It's a really average place, which neither makes it a win nor a miss.
I had the fried shanghai noodles and my wife had a regular pad thai. The food took a bit longer than it should have (30 minutes) and although it wasn't bad, it was fairly bland for a thai restaurant. Still, the price was fairly cheap, and it was a good option if we wanted to avoid walking even further.

Bottom line: Good pitstop but keep your expectations in check.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

On our way to the Museum of Siam we stopped at the Coconut Palm for lunch. the restaurant had air-conditioned dining hall which was welcome and the food was served quickly . For a quick bite and for tasting Thai-food visit this place. Cost about 800-1000 baht for two. Coconut Palm is located on Maharat Road, which runs along the river side of the Grand Palace and Wat Po/Reclining Buddha temple. The restaurant is just a block or so down from Wat Po, opposite the entrance to the monk’s living area.

1  Thank KLR48
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Having visited Wat Pho tosee the reclining Buddha and on our way to the Museum of Siam we stopped at theCoconut Palm for a bit of lunch. the restaurant had aircon which was welcome and the food very quick and to a good standard. Two mains plus rice and two soft drinks came to £5 in total which I thought rather good value.