“So many books.!”
Review of Dasa Book Cafe

Dasa Book Cafe
Ranked #150 of 480 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: Secondhand bookshop. Mainly English language but also carry other languages. Book list available for download/mail order at our website.
Munich, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“So many books.!”
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

When I entered the shop I was a but disappointed at first - until I realized there were 2 more floors with books !
And sorted by genre, language and actually alphabetically by author - all of them ! That I really love, it makes browsing or searching easy, I hate unsorted books on shelves or in heaps.
Did not try the coffee, but staff were certainly nice.
And I found what kinuny... (the fancy bookshop in emporium nearby) did not have at all - books by Ma Thanegy from Myanmar - and I found more.
So certainly a nice shopping experience for me.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Karin_inMunich

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
yuci
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Servant of Good Reading”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A lovely find in Bangkok. The owners have a great selection- their crime genre is really good.Christopher G Moore to James Lee Burke.
The only beef i have is that one James Lee Burke I bought was patched with sellotape so one page didn't fall out.
Come on make the book appreciably cheaper.To not do so is greedy.
The books are a bit pricey but it is nice to find a bookshop with a good range.
Really worth a visit.
Oh, you can get coffee too i think.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank lyallben
Bangkok, Thailand
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Hidden gem?”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I was wondering around sukhumvit which is coming to be familiar to me at lower parts, below 70. I found this place by looking attractions near by from Tripadvisor mobile app and found this. It was bit hard to find but as I found it and stepped inside, I liked immediatelly. Nice athmosphere, not so many other customers (3) and polite staff. Three floors of used books. I bought two and they were about 100bht each. You really can spend there hours maybe. It's quiet oasis for book lovers in middle of noisy sukhumvit.

Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
735 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 869 helpful votes
“A dangerous place! (for book lovers)”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I say dangerous because you can lose track of time in this nice 3 storey bookstore. The café section consists of one table on the ground floor (which I didn’t try) but the bookstore is a bargain-hunters delight. The books are all well-ordered and the sections are well marked – by the stairs there is a guide as to what books are where. The prices were very good.
Book lovers will no-doubt have seen bookstores like Dasa scattered around. Classics and best-sellers are stacked floor to ceiling (well, almost) and you can spend ages looking over the titles for that special book. Dasa is close to the Phrom Phong BTS station, so getting there is easy. For book-lovers, highly recommended.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Fiver75
Bangkok
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best bargain. Very good selections. You can sell your books for cash too.”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Used books are this little shop's strength. Vast selection of Good quality English books and some other European languages. They do both exchange and cash buy. Don't expect to be rich out of selling your used books though. Coffee are a nice addition.

2 Thank Vla P