“Outshine city five star hotels”
Review of The Bhuthorn

The Bhuthorn
Ranked #90 of 728 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2012

If you are someone who has stayed in many city hotels and requires a unique touch in your hotel room. This is the place.
I was impressed by its homy atmosphere, the breakfast at the heavenly little terrace, and the unbeatable staff who's not over-trained to be a service robot. It's a stress-free and timeless space. It's a gentle reminder of my true peace at heart.
I owe my public appreciation to the staff who took a taxi to deliver my forgotten passport from hotel room to the airport within 30 minutes of the urgent S.O.S call.
Five stars aren't enough to show how much this place has given me and my sweet memories.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank travelhoover

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Our 3 night stay at The Bhunthorn B&B was a wonderful experience and we would have liked it to be longer. Staff are the perfect hosts, providing us with a beautiful breakfast each morning, lots of up to date information about events in this areas and the use of their services. The accommodation was very comfortable and so......

4  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My husband and I just returned home from a brief business trip to Bangkok. Once again, we stayed at the Bhuthorn and once again, it was absolutely perfect. We travel internationally (several times a year) and rarely do we find a gem like this. There are only 3 room, but all are wonderful, very clean, comfortable, lovely atmosphere, antiques, every amenity - there is nothing negative I can say, and I consider myself picky. Chitlada and her staff are so genuinely kind and helpful, they make you feel at home and well, I sorta wish it was my home! Breakfast is amazing, too. I give this place the highest rating, and like I said, I'm picky.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms, all are beautiful and equally as comfortable, but my favorite is the Bhuthorn roo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank HappyMango
Reviewed 10 August 2012

For old world style I'd say it's hard to beat The Bhuthorn in Bangkok. No chrome and glass here but rather style and elegance well hidden behind a facade that blends well with the adjacent streetscape. You could well walk past this boutique hotel without knowing its even there.

The resident manager - Kirk - was an absolute delight and after introducing us to the Tiffin breakfast went the extra mile with his helpful suggestions of things to try not only in the Old City but upcountry.

While staying there an expat friend who has lived in Bangkok for some twenty five years visited with us and was pleasantly surprised to see the standard of restoration and overall quality demonstrated in the Bhuthorn remarking that so much of the original character of the city had unfortunately been destroyed with over zealous development.

This, together with the kind attention of the manager Kirk, made our stay in Bangkok most memorable.

2  Thank Paul65384
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Quick note for those who, like me, love this place. I visited the Bhuthorn again after two years and enjoyed it as much, if not more, than the first time.

The breakfast has been upgraded with the fantastic Thai Tiffin service (like a Thai High Tea), as has the coffee, with both Americanos and other espresso drinks flowing freely. Wi-fi is new, I think, and good. Service was excellent as well: when needing to catch an ungodly early flight, we were greeted with fresh coffee at 5AM along with a reminder call when the taxi arrived. I tried to leave a tip for housekeeping right in the center of the room after our first night, but it remained untouched. Safety/security was top notch.

In short, it is the same charming, lovely.

I recommend going to "Pad Thai Row" which is very close by (15 minute walk or 5 in a taxi depending on traffic). Only opens at night until late, but talk about the best Pad Thai in town. The best is Thipsamai Pad Thai...

Room Tip: All are lovely. Obviously, the most expensive room is the nicest.
1  Thank kampalasean
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We had a terrific couple of nights at the Bhuthorn recently. It's about 10-15 mins walk from the main Grand Palace area, so it's very convenient for us tourists! Nearby is a fabulous collection of street stalls, so we also had some great soups during our stay.

The hotel itself is gorgeous - it looks quite old, but they've done a great job on the renovation to make it comfortable. It's full of antiques and old wooden furniture, narrow stairways and plants everywhere. On the first night we stayed in quite a small room on the ground floor, but for some reason were upgraded to a much larger and lighter room on the first floor, which was great.

In the afternoon, if you can get back about 3 or 4 from your wanderings, they invite guests to an afternoon tea, which is different every day. We had some sort of delicious coconut icecream, which we ate in a tiny courtyard full of tropical plants. Brekkies were also delicious - it's either Western, congee with pork or a kind of Thai bento box (last one highly recommended).

The staff are also great - everyone we talked to was extremely helpful and accommodating, from confirming our onward flights (and sorting out a few difficulties we had with our booking) to getting around Bangkok and booking taxis very early in the morning.

If you don't want to drop heaps of cash on a high-end hotel, but also don't want to go back to the backpacker life, I'd highly recommend this guesthouse to anyone.

Room Tip: First floor bedroom was much bigger and lighter than the ground floor one (both good though).
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed 6 July 2012

For our fourth time in Bangkok, we're staying at The Bhuthorn. It's a very nice place, with beautiful rooms, breakfast in a patio, and staff members friendly, helpful. Teatime is very charming, changing every day. The Bhuthorn's locatiion is very central, and allows to go walking to the piers Tha Tien or Tha Chang, getting on the ferry. We'll come again!!

Room Tip: The first floor room is very pleasant, very close to the breakfast patio.
1  Thank redchris411