“Wonderful stay in old Bangkok!”
Review of The Bhuthorn

The Bhuthorn
Ranked #110 of 752 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We stayed at The Bhuthorn just two night, but wish we were there longer. If you want to avoid impersonal hotels, this is your place. The staff is really wonderful and welcoming. They try to make your stay in Bangkok the best you can imagine. The hostess Mrs. Chitlada was very kind and very helpful giving us directions, or making some reservations.

The place is amazing. It has just three bedrooms, that means it is very quiet and harmonious. The furniture and interior design are really beautiful, giving you a flavour of a real Bangkok and oriental experience. Moreover, it is located within a walking distance to The Grand Palace, Wat Po, Khaosan Road, and many others tourist attractions.

And what to say about the breakfast ...marvelous and delicious!! There, we could try traditional thai sweet and fruit that you cannot find so easily at other places.

In overall, an outstanding gem in the heart of Bangkok. We definitively would go back !!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mariarez

Reviewed 6 March 2010

It's been an unforgetable experience to us as if we had time travel back to old Bangkok. If possible try all the three rooms as each give you a different feel. The service was excellent and the lady boss Ms. Chitlada always have been attentive to our needs. Nearby street served excellent street food, such as a delicious ice-cream bar which is next to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My fiancé and I stayed at the Bhuthorn for three nights in January 2010 and it definately took our Bangkok experience to a higher level! The staff and their service, the house, the interior design and furniture is impeccible! The attention to details is something we have never experienced before and we appreciated it so much!

After spending a full day shopping or sightseeing in the busy parts of down-town - it's incredible relaxing to return to the Bhuthorn where Chitlada and the staff already had prepared afternoon tea and snacks.

Other moments that we will remember for a long time is the breakfast in the small yard - sipping on a fantastic coffee, reading the newspaper and watching the flowers and decoration was an amazing start of a busy day in Bangkok.

When staying at the Bhuthorn, you are really treated as part of the family which makes the stay at the Bhuthorn unique - we will definately recommend this boutique hotel to everyone travelling to Bangkok and I hope that we will have the opportunity to stay at the Bhuthorn ourselves soon again!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2010

This place is probably the best accommodation I have stayed in. Ever!

The best thing about it was the staff, the hostess Chitlada was the nicest person I have ever met, always accommodating, trying to find cooking classes for me, researching things to do and always friendly and welcoming. When I would come back from sightseeing she would make me a tea or coffee and accommpany it with a traditional thai snack or sweet. The first night I stayed there, a present was left on my bed which was so sweet.

The place is very new and her and her husband are architects who own and designed it. The furniture and interior design are impecible and it's a really beautiful place that I cannot fault. The breakfast that is included is delicious and there's a lot to choose from, the coffee is the BEST I have had in a long time and looked forward to it every morning.

To top it all off when I got to the airport to go home I had left my passport in their room...not only did her husband bring it to me (1 1/2 hour drive) but he stayed while I checked in and helped me with my bags until I left.

These are the friendliest people and staff, wonderful place and so clean, close to Khoasan Road and nightlife, I cannot get over this place! so helpful and amazing. Loved every minute and would go back in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2010

This is a real gem in the heart of Bangkok's old city. An old shophouse in a neighorhood with a very well preserved collection of old shophouses and other buildings has been meticulously restored (with incredible attention to character and detail) by a husband/wife team of architects - stepping through the front door feels like a combination of stepping back in time and stepping into a photo shoot, but all very warm, inviting and comfortable. There are only 3 rooms and it's quite evident that the whole operation is very much a labor of love. The wife acts as your hostess and the service is outstanding. Staying here gives you a flavor of a "real" Bangkok experience - what might have been from yesteryear. I'd certainly recommend staying here over one of the larger, modern hotels - and I've also stayed at the Old Bangkok Inn on a past trip and must say that The Bhuthorn (although perhaps a 15 minute walk - so generally area of city) is just leagues, leagues better and more worthwhile.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2010

We stayed 4 nights at the Bhuthorn in December 2009 at the start of our vacation and two nights in January 2010 at the end of our vacation.

The Bhuthorn is located in the old town of Bangkok, very close to all the tourist sights. Surrounded by local life, you really get to experience the real Bangkok, which makes the stay very special and exciting.

The Rooms are very clean! And every room is individually and very tastefully decorated. The Bhuthorn room is my absolute favorite. The room is very spacious and overlooking a little square where local life goes on.

The service is great and the people running the hotel are very nice and helpful.

Breakfast is good and you get very good coffee, which seem rather seldom in Thailand :-) The salad in the morning is sooo delicious. And the best thing is that you have breakfast in a very little but so cute court yard decorated with plants and flowers. It is such a special place!

We recommend the Bhuthorn to any body who wants a nice, special and clean stay in Bangkok!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pusling
Reviewed 27 November 2009

This small hotel/ guest house is a treasure and our 4 night stay was a wonderful experience in a very special part of old Bangkok. The hospitality was very friendly and attentive; the room we had was very comfortable with very good facilities and lovely antique futniture and the breakfast area was a small courtyard. The location, looking onto a "village square" type park, was a real experience giving a community feel in what might be taken as a crouded city. Located in the old part of Bangkok it was ideal for walking to many of the main features of old Bangkok including the Grand Palace, Wat Poh, the river, China Town, the flower market and many old palaces plus many more parts of old Bangkok that the average tourist rarely sees. It was a special experience.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple