“Quiet Comfort With Incredible Service”
Review of The Bhuthorn

The Bhuthorn
Ranked #84 of 628 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Kansas
“Quiet Comfort With Incredible Service”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Amidst the heat of Bangkok, and the tension of the red shirt protests, the Bhuthorn was a quiet oasis. We stayed for 4 nights in the Nara room (the one with the bed upstairs in a little loft area). Our room was quiet, and the A/C quickly cooled everything down. Breakfast and afternoon tea were served in a beautiful little nook filled with plants. Chitlada and her staff provided impeccable service and were always ready to help with any issues. The only negative to staying here is that you are not near the skyline and must take a taxi to get to many parts of the city, taxi's however, are plentiful. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Bhuthorn and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KSbound

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newata
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Extra touches galore...beyond the standard orchid on your pillow. Huge, lovely furnished rooms in a quiet, intimate environment. Fantastic library with up-to-date, guides covering everything from Thai floral arrangements to food. Extremely helpful, including how to navigate in avoidance of the red-shirt protesting. If you are looking for a charming inn, in a good location, I can highly recommend the Bhuthorn. Don't give up on Thailand, hopefully there will be peace soon!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Newata
HongKong
Reviewed 8 April 2010

it is a very beautiful and lovely place. Everything there is elaborated and gave me a vision of old time. Host there is considerate and hostiptable. She served us tasty breakfast and afternoon tea, and gave us much useful information about travelling. She made us just like home. We enjoyed every minute in this hotel and hope can visit it again in furture!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I could not have asked for a more comfortable for my 1st visit to Bangkok. Since I was traveling alone, in transit to meet up with my daughter, I was looking for a place that would provide me with safely and comfort. I found much more that that with the location and the care I received from the owners and staff here. The Bhuthorn provides comfort, while using traditional decor and maintaining the the experience of Bangkok. I was able to walk alone to the sights that were most important for my visit. The location provided access to much more than I was about to take advantage of since I was alone and time was limited. They even brought their computer to my room, so I could use it in privacy and comfort. I would love to have the opportunity to return and will absolutley recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 March 2010

It is really a good and special hotel. Chitlada is very nice. The breakfast and the afternoon tea are very delicious. I will be back next time!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We really enjoyed our 2-night stay at the Bhuthorn~
We were so lucky to find this wonderful guest house, everything was so lovely there~
The rooms were lovely decorated and comfortable. The hostess, Khun Chitlada was so nice and helpful. Abundant breakfast, delicious afterrnoon tea, homemade shampoo and body cream wash etc., everything impressed me~ We did enjoy our time there!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
italy
Reviewed 10 March 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our 1-yr old son for four nights in February. It was a real pleasure. Every day there was something new to appreciate and enjoy. The service was exceptional. Lovely fresh flowers everywhere, delicious sweets, and endless small touches to make us feel taken care of and completely at home. Even our son Gabriele grew to love the place and the wonderful innkeepers. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family