“Tiny Room. Even for "Economy"”
Review of Nantra De Comfort

Nantra De Comfort
Ranked #474 of 741 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The room was tiny. there was barely space to walk. once you entered the room. the bathroom (with a see through door) was on your left. and right in front of you was the bed. and next to the bed was the sink. the room had poor ventilation and constantly smelled stale.

The room was a little dirty. with the sink not working fine and constantly leaving a pool of water in the sink. our shower head actually fell off the hook and we had to leave it dangling. when we noticed front desk, he simply said "no housekeeper"

there was no side table. just a latch for you to put minimal amounts of things on. my friend and i had to eat on the bed and sleep on the same bed. the sheets looked grey and a tad dirty. there was also a bright light outside the window that kept both of us awake till wee hours of the morning.

The hotel was a tad hard to find, even with the help of the local taxi drivers as it is hidden in a corner. the location was about a 10minutes walk to Thong Lo BTS station.

the only plus is that there are pretty good street food stalls around the area.
might return if i decide on a "deluxe" instead of a "economy"

Room Tip: Economy means staying in a old walk-up building and not in the main building. there is also no house...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank xyyanns

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed for four nights at Nantra De Comfort based on the positively glowing reviews from tripadvisor which was more or less pretty accurate an I cant state enough on how nice and comfy our bed was. Good sheets, fluffy pillows and cold A/C are the perfect elements for a good night's sleep.

Check-in
We arrived early in Bangkok which was fine since we thought we could just leave our bags at the hotel and come back when it was time for their normal 2pm check-in. We got there around 10am and we didnt have to ask if we could be accommodated as they gave us our room key right away. Of course its possible they just so happened to have an available room since we heard the lobby staff ask some new guests to come back during check-in time the day after.

Wi-Fi
On the second floor they have two computers for guest use plus a big sofa which is perfect for lounging around in if not for the mosquitos which seem to enjoy hanging out there as well. Thank god the room wifi was strong and (seemed to me) like it had a better connection!

Free Breakfast
Very basic. Toast (white or whole wheat) bread with 2 kinds of jam and butter. Cereal with milk. Juice, Tea and Coffee as well. This is what is available everyday. The breakfast area only seats 12 so we usually just made jelly sandwiches and brought it up to the room.

Room
We got a deluxe double on the 5th floor. Lots of moving space, big beds and clean all around. The only MINUS point is the lack of a bathroom door which isnt so bad if your close with your roomate BUT not really worth it considering the following factors:

1. The room is big enough to move around in but still small enough for people to hear whatever is going on in the bathroom
2. Whenever someone has to do the number 2, the smell permeates the entire room and wont really leave til after some time because there's no exhaust fan!
3. If the A/C is on, you'll get cold even while taking a hot shower! not to mention having to step out of one.

Check-out
No worries. They even let you leave your bags for free if you have a late flight. They do not however have a shower you can use to freshen up before you leave.

Location
Pretty good. As long as you dont mind the 10-minute brisk walk from the Thong Lo station. There is lots to see, streetfood stalls, thai massage places, bakery, currency exchange, starbucks, 7-eleven, burger king and Tops Grocery is nearby as well. You can opt to pay 20 baht for a motorcycle ride but i find the distance too short to shell out that much.

All in all I thought it was definitely bang for my buck to stay here. The only thing that would make me hesitate are the doorless bathrooms which werent really a problem until my roomie ate some not-so-fresh pad thai and ruined her tummy. But if i was travelling solo, I would definitely get a place here! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GirlFromManila
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I dont normally write a review but felt so strongly about how bad this experience was I had to in the hope it will spare someone else spending such an uncomfortable night. I am actually just about to leave the room now after a sleepless night. Far too early to be out and about in Bangkok, but been awake soooo long and just need out of this depressing little room. I visit Bangkok monthly from my home in Hua Hin to visit hair salon. I dont want to spend a lot on a room I only use to sleep and go, so I am always checking reviews as a guide to low price but good, clean & comfy accommodation, close to skytrain. I have found 2 or 3 very good ones but could not get booked this visit, so I decided to come back to this one which I have stayed in twice before. On arrival I checked in and was then directed outside to the building next door? alarm bells rang immediately as this nad never happened previously? The hotel is fairly modern and newish, but this other one looked older! There was no lift, so had to walk up 3 flights. Smelly room! So back to reception. Explained that previously had always stayed in main building and it was based on that hotel and room that I had returned, but now felt a bit cheated at being located in older building next door. He explained that I had booked economy and this was classed as economy now! I explained I was not comfortable and could I pay the extra to upgrade, I was informed no, that there wee none available, but kinda got the impression that he just did not want the hassle of changing things around. He gave me another room on next floor which was not 'smelly' but was......dirty, sheets looked like had not been changed, there was grit and hair on them! I just slept in my clothes and lay on top of bed. Ants on side of bed base. Air con was noisy. Could hear people above and next door. Every time they used bathroom you could hear the sound in the toilet!! Someone took a shower at 3am and I had to listen to full flow water, then afterwards the pipes kept bubbling and gurgling! Same again at 6.30am. What a night! Warning to everyone....stay well clear of this dump and even in the main building, where they now call it deluxe and charge much higher prices now, these rooms are definitely not worth anything like they are charging. When I stayed previously they had it right. It was a fair price for a fair room. Once they have got customers re booking, they have started this nonsense. Well this is one customer they have definitely lost. I certainly will never return and I hope many others feel the same. Perhaps teach them not to be sneaky and greeedy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank catali_9
Reviewed 25 January 2013

The front desk helped me get around the place alot, when I need help with the laundry they did it quick just one day wait, some areas it would take longer. They would help me find some cool areas to go on sight seeing trips. They very nice.

Room Tip: Up stairs on the 5th floor are the best and the quieter, they have the best AC
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We landed in Bangkok which was the first leg of our honeymoon .
This was the first hotel we had booked , what a cute place . Loved the rooms , n the feel of the place . Its great value for money . Breakfast was simple n nice .
It's right off the main road hence travel is easy too .
Would go back there in a heartbeat .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights and the place was decent and rooms were clean. However, as tourists I didn't feel this place was really suited to us. Bit out of the way. Not a lot of tourist information. I think if you were traveling on business this would be good, but wasn't great for us.

Also, couldn't get the safe to work and it took over a day for them to get it working. Laundry service was incredibly expensive and we couldn't find anywhere to do it nearby. We saw lots of places on the more tourist streets.

However, the price was very good.

So it was OK, but as a tourist I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Gelley11
Reviewed 20 December 2012

It really bad room condition, room with toilet without any partition and smelly whole room. Even at lobby also smelly. Far from the BTS. Understand that it is low budget hotel but at least the room in fresh air condition.

too bad.....