“First-rate Italian food at Bangkok's best jazz club”

Niu's on Silom Jazz Club & Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Niu’s on Silom is in the heart of downtown Bangkok, just a few minutes from the city’s riverside hotels. The distinctive stand-alone building is the centrepiece of a European style piazza, with a display fountain and trees that twinkle with fairy lights once the sun goes down.We have three distinct areas: Concerto restaurant, where award-winning chef Marco Cammarata creates modern Italian cuisine; the ground floor Jazz Club & Wine Bar, with live music every night, including occasional international visitors such as James Carter, Tim Garland and Ari Hoenig; and The Courtyard Terrace, where you can have an al fresco meal, pre-dinner cocktails or an evening’s drinks.We open daily from 6pm-1am and have free secure valet parking.
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Have been to Niu's on Silom many times for the jazz and blues, typically dining al fresco or enjoying the music at the well-stocked bar.

Recently had the opportunity to join some friends for a more formal dinner at the upstairs dining room prior to the jazz. We shared several appetizers and main courses, all of which were quite good, as well as a bottle of an excellent Italian wine. We were pleasantly surprised by the prices; not cheap, but quite reasonable for what we had.

Then downstairs to the intimate jazz club, where we listened to an international jazz quartet and singer in surroundings that reminded me of some of the clubs I frequented when I lived in New York, Washington DC and Chicago,

Overall, a very pleasant and affordable evening - good food, good music, good ambiance, all at affordable prices.

1  Thank Feinstein

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I was introduced to Niu's by a dear friend. I have been in Asia ore than 15 years and know where to eat. I was pleasantly surprised with this find. Chef Marco is polite, approachable, friendly and very creative. I have tried many of the dishes. The menu changes in timely fashion and I have always enjoyed every meal. The wines are exceptional and there is something for everyone. Chef Marco offers interesting wine promotions and sources regionally in Italy when something special catches his eye. The staff are friendly and attentive and help to make every visit special. The live music is one of Niu's key features and does not disappoint. Talented musicians from all over the world play on a stage situated in cozy proximity to the customers. They have a more quiet dining area upstairs that can be great for business or family dinner's and lunches. Outside semi covered seating is spacious with a separate outside bar to cater to customers needs without having to wait for service from inside. It is comfortable and is a nice setting that allow for people watching from surrounding shops or just kicking back and relaxing. The kitchen is spotless ! This is an important feature for me. The overall experience is highly rewarding on every occasion I have been and I continue to return frequently. I always feel peaceful, satiated and relaxed. Mission accomplished !!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

I was looking for a Jazz club to spend the evening. Niu's stands out to be one of the top places in Bangkok. It locates near Lebau and Mandarin Oriental Hotels. The location is very convenience to get to by taxi or by Skytrain.

The place is divided into an outdoor area and indoor sitting area. The indoor sitting area is for dinning for Jazz performance. I must say that the indoor area is perfect for Jazz music. Also, Niu's has some of the top musician playing there.

For wine and food, my first glance on the wine menu gave me a sticker shock. The wines are way overpriced. As for food, I was a bit surprised by the reasonable pricing of lobster. When I tasted the lobster, I realized the reason for the pricing: I have no idea anyone can mess up a lobster dish! It was lousy and I wanted to spit out the food immediately.

So, here is the advice: Go to Niu's for Jazz and drinks. This is definitely one of the best place in the world for that. Stay away from the food. I may have an isolated incident at the time. But, don't take the chance, please.

Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

bad service : I ark for the service twice time but they always enjoy talking with the guy in bar : no more !!

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I was here after reading such good reviews and wanted to take my gf out to a great jazz bar, but the ambience really was useless and everything was very expensive for what we got. Food was wayyyyy below par. The only thing for me that was good was the service and how they try and pamper you from the minute you sit down till the minute you get up. Food really must improve for this price guys!