“OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE”

Sukhumvit Park, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #9 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My husband and I recently went to Thailand and chose to stay at this Marriott for a total of 8 nights on two different trips to Bangkok. The first time we stayed in a studio room and the second time we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Both of these were outstanding as far as cleanliness, comfort and amenities were concerned. Both the units had all the appliances that one could desire for a comfortable stay away from home- a dishwasher, full size refrigerator, washing machine and dryer, coffee maker, tea kettle and toaster. In addition the kitchenette had cutlery, dishes, wine goblets, bottle opener, dish cloth, napkins, glassware and even food storage containers. They had not forgotten anything. If you needed anything else all you had to do was ask and it was provided immediately. They provided us with free chargers for our phone and camera (since Thailand is on 220v and US is 110v). Their beautiful and huge lounge had a flat screen TV plus books if you wanted to relax and catch up on your reading. The business room on the mezzanine floor had computers and printers if you did not bring your own and the charge was about 60 bahts for every 15 minutes. We even found internet cafes in the nearby Emporium mall and the MBK mall and the charges were very nominal. They had a beautiful infinity pool on the third floor. Their main restaurant served very good food and we ate there several times. The staff at this property is outstanding in their friendliness and helpfuness, attending to every comfort of the guests. The hotel had their own tuk tuk (red one) to drop and pick up guests from the Emporium Mall. The BTS skytrain was right next to the Mall. The hotel is located on a quiet street away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok yet it is very convenient to get around. If you wanted to take a taxi to go anywhere that was not a problem either. The helpful staff got a taxi for us within minutes of asking each time. In summing up I can say that we got an outstanding value for the price we paid.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room facing soi 24 then you get a good view of the Bangkok skyline.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ramona2

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I am a Bangkok local and had to get temporary accommodations while my condo was being worked on. Bangkok is a city full of hotels...probably more hotels than street vendors (which is saying a lot) and this hotel definitely stands out. GREAT value for the room size. The staff was fantastic. The rooms (and the beds especially) were some of the best I've slept in. The staff treated me exceptionally well...the only real complaint is the check in process and I'm still not sure if that has to do with Marriott or some govt regulation. They had all of my info in a folder when I arrived as I had given it to them when making a reservation, even so, it seemed like an awfully long time to wait while they were typing in the computer, scanning credit cards, and photo-copying my ID and my Credit card (yikes)....and I was the only one checking in...I finally just said...PLEASE, can I get to my room?? They sheepishly obliged. I didn't really use the facilities much, but the rooms are HUGE, a 1-bedroom suite was very spacious. Washer and dryer, full kitchen (this is an executive apartment after all) and the Breakfast was outstanding. The staff is extremely friendly. If you have a family or more than 1 person, these rooms blow away the competition.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I was excited to stay at MEA after reading all the positive reviews! Boy was I disappointed!

I booked a 1 bedroom room with an extra bed; The check in was perfect!

A little hick up with the limo driver from the airport - as i had to phone him twice to meet me at the meeting point at the airport. – But did not hold this against the Hotel.

The restaurant was great - The Tuk Tuk ride to the mall was a breeze (Thanks to Trip advisor I was aware of the free service - the hotel did not inform me during check in)

Room was aesthetically great! Not a great view – overlooking a tennis court

Now the Negative - I had complained on the day of arrival, - the room (bed room) had a foul odour. This was communicated to the front desk and housekeeping. Nothing was done to remove this stale and musky smell. Being on a semi business trip – I would come back to the room late in the evening and was too tierd to go back down to the reception to complain; but the smell persisted – the staff did not attend to this problem during my stay.

This is not what I expected from Marriot!

8  Thank DSS-Bombay
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed in a one bedroom suite for a week over the holidays and it was great. The hotel is in an upscale area with many shops, malls, restaurants nearby. The hotel has a tuktuk that shuttles guests to emporium mall near the BTS station (Phrom Phong). The suite was more than you could ask for, spacious, impeccably clean and very comfortable. we stayed on the 32nd floor and the views of the park were really nice. the staff are the most helpful i have ever met and saw to our every need. we didn't want to leave and will definately stay here again. highly recommended for families. only one downside is that there isn't alot of sunshine at the pool area due to the shade from the neighboring buildings.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms are great for the views
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Just completed six nights at this property three of them in a two bedroom and the other three in a studio. The two bedroom was spacious, clean, bright with the kitchen big enough to cook a dinner in. The studio was bigger than a hotel room, but considerably smaller than our first unit and less well equiped. I guess the studios are fine for one person, but if I were to return with my wife, I'd opt for a one bedroom. We have also stayed at the Marriott property on Sathorn road, which is also excellent. This building is located a bit of a hike from Sukhumvit, but the hotel has a constant tuk-tuk shuttle. This makes the sky train and Emporium mall a quick 5 minute journey. It's an interesting neighbourhood where many expats live. There are many Japanese restaurants in the area. The gym is well-equiped and the pool more than long enough to swim laps. There is also a tennis court. With all the extra space you get at a place like this, I can't underestand why anyone would stay in a hotel. Even had an excellent recommendation for a non-tourisy restaurant in the area from the concierge on our last night. I'll definitely return. One small suggestion, rather than have the wifi (not free) configured so that users have to re-log in to begin each new session, why not just provide free wifi and roll the cost into the room charge?

Reviewed 27 December 2011

Plus points:
1) Had a upgrade to 1 bedroom from studio
2) huge place, clean and new
3) breakfast was good
4) Check in/out was fast and good. staff was extremely helpful in ensuring that i got to the office address correcty

Minus points
1)Bill added in a 100 baht for the UN children fund. I really feel that they should tell you in advance instead of just putting the amount into the bill for you to check.
I asked them to remove the item and paid in cash, some business travellers may get some queries from the company if you claim donation like this unknowingly

2) place is quite out of the way, and have to take some transport to the train station

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This was a great property and very nice rooms at quite reasonable price. I don't understand why people book hotels when such big rooms and suites are available at very good prices, and that too of Marriott brand. The property is a little far from shopping areas but very near the BTS (metro) station and they also drop by their tuktuk near the station.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends