“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #256 of 628 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Worongary
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I have stayed here several times and found rooms were always clean and well maintained. Staff are very friendly and helpful for the guests. It is close to the Nana train station making it easy to get to most parts of Bangkok. There is the crazy nightlife of Bangkok close by for tourists and there are some really good places to eat in the close by streets. Each room has a safe making it easy to secure passports and money. There is a money changer at the beginning of the street which is very handy . Overall a good place to stay.

Room Tip: A room with a window is best and take a superior room if available.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank barehr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
canada
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a couple nights during our stay in Bangkok. We chose this hotel due it's proximity to shopping, restaurants and the Skytrain. The location is very convenient as so much is within walking distance. The room was clean and secure so our stay was pleasant. We were offered a room with or without a window and we decided to cheap out and go with the room without a window. We didn't plan to spend much time in the room so I didn't see any need for a window. Well once we got in the room i realized that the only exit was the door so if there was a fire in the hallway we'd be trapped. Spend the extra baht and get a safer room with a window :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Harmonize
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my boyfriend several times during our 3 week holiday. He had been in that hotel several times before that and therefor I couldn't really be bothered looking for something else. And I was very happy with that decision. Rooms are great (for that price), clean and comfy enough. Staff is nice and food great. Location is amazing as it is basically next to Nana skytrain stop and that will that you to MBK and Siam shopping centers within a few minutes. All around you will have several smaller shopping centers, restaurants and now...quite a lot of bars as I think this is one of THE areas.
The hotel is at the end of a little street and it is filled with bars and therefor girls who are working. Booking a room with children or elderly (don't think they would appreciate it either :D) is a no no I think.
Other than that a great little hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kerli P
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Near Nana plaza, plenty of bars around to enjoy the nightlife.
Everything is at walking distance if you want to enjoy the crazy bangkok nightlife.
Rooms are spacious and comfortable. No noise at all in my room, I've stayed on the 4th floor.
1350 THB for a superior room, worth it.
I've booked it with agoda as always as I'm in Thailand.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank BuzzSwiss
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed here for one night as we travelled through Bangkok. I had read the reviews about location re the bars and entertainment, but staying with my mum (late 60's) and 12 year old son wasn't a problem in that regard.

The room was big enough for the three of us and the bathroom was fine. All was clean and tidy. Our only problem was that the air conditioner seemed to be set at the one very high fan speed and the one temperature. We couldn't change these (we use them daily where we live so we know how to use the controls), and freezing air pumped out at high speed. The position of the unit meant that it pumped right over the beds. Without it, the room was too hot; with it too cold. Overall then, and uncomfortable and sleepless night for all of us!

Not related to the hotel exactly, but we had a very early morning flight and the hotel guard got us a taxi. As soon as we left the hotel the driver refused to go on the meter, then shouted at me as the back ally he chose to drive down (instead of turning round) was too narrow and he nearly got completely stuck.

As soon as we got on the main road he stopped and told us to get another taxi as we wouldn't pay what he wanted to take us to the airport. Thankfully, he chucked our luggage out before driving away. Be aware that this happens - I know it's not about the hotel - it can happen in any taxi, but we did feel quite vulnerable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have stayed multiple times at Maxims Inn hotel BK. It is an excellent budget hotel in terms of value for money. Rooms are clean and have all basic facilities like minibar, wifi, locker, AC, television. The location is ideal; only one minute walk to Nana station.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank doctorfaraz
Adyar
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I booked this hotel via Internet after researching about the location.The hotel truly lived upto my expectations.

Pros :
1. Very near to NANA BTS Station
2. Close to entertainment hub on Sukhumvit Road (Nana Entertainment Plaza)
3. Awesome restaurants & food stalls serving delicious food.
4. Guest-friendly at no additional cost.

Cons :
1. Not a suitable hotel to stay for couples or family travelling to Bangkok.
2. Unnecessary encounters with Ladyboys & Hookers along the Soi(Street which leads to the Hotel).

Room Tip: Ideal for group of friends & Solo Travellers.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends