“Budget accomodation situated in good area”
Review of Maxim's Inn

Maxim's Inn
Ranked #251 of 667 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Budget accomodation situated in good area”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

maxim's inn is situated near Ashoka metro station and is a good place to spend a couple of nights. The NANA Plaza is also located nearby. The main attractions of Bangkok (if you know what I mean) can easily be accessed from here. Moreover, the staff is friendly. However, the breakfast is highly overpriced.

Room Tip: Select a room according to your requirements. We selected a triple sharing room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Umang T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Uga, Spain
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Cheap and in some respects nasty. Located in a seedy area of bkk this low grade hotel has basic rooms, poor breakfast they call a mini buffet that is not worth paying for - you can get better food at nearby resturants.

If you want a room for one day only and dont mind a somewhat grubby feel to it, then this is the place for you. Otherwise pay a little extra and get a pool and some nicer surroundings.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank whitepointer
Gifu, Japan
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I only stayed here one night but plan to stay again. The hotel is minutes away from the BTS station and is surrounded by restaurants and bars. The staff were helpful and watched my bags after checkout (noon, by the way).

The room was clean and functional. Plenty of hot water and they had a small safe in the room ( a personal fave). Plus, free wifi that was dependable.

No complaints, will stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
england
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed at Maxim's a couple of times during my trip this year 2013/14, no problems checking in or out, staff where very helpful and the rooms which I stayed in where kept spotless. Also there was a place to park the car, okay it took a little bit of good driving to park it as it was close to the wall just outside but nevertheless it is possible for one car. Breakfasts where okay, nothing fancy but adequate. Faults, one was smoking, some people where smoking by the lift entrance windows and as a non smoker I found this quite horrible, better if Maxim asks people to go outside to smoke. Yes it is down a very busy small soi but i felt it to be a safe place and very convenient for the sky train which is only a couple of minutes walk away. All said, yes i would not hesitate to return next trip. Just noticed on the ratings swimming pool and fitness centre, i don't recall seeing those, i will look for them next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 15 October 2013

What is funny, Is I reviewed this hotel just 7 months ago and gave it 5 stars. Wow..what a change. For the worse also. I had booked a budget room (no window) and it was really grubby and run down and the TV did not work, so they upgraded me to another room down the hall that was just as small and rundown. (Upgrade? It listed for 200thb more, and was about 2 more square feet) I then looked at one of their Superior rooms with a window that I had once before, and that one was just as run down looking with a smudgy and dirty window and a lot of road noise. So I decided, what the heck, I can handle this for three days, so I took the cheaper room and stayed. My buddy had another budget room and that was just as run down too. What we "should" have done is left! But we didn't. (Dumb move!)

Ripped up wall paper, dirty walls, beat up furniture. The wifi was friggen horrible and every night it just kept cutting out. I think the management found the cheapest provider in Bangkok. Breakfast was a total joke with one egg, two pieces of toast and a piece of sliced turkey ham lunchmeat and a cup of coffee for 99thb. Then a second cup of coffee is 75thb for a small china cup of about 6oz. Ok..on the plus side, it was somewhat clean, (like no bugs or anything, and the bed sheets were clean). Interestingly enough, the bathrooms were very clean and fairly modern. Sort of confusing as the rest of the room is just a dump. (remember, I looked at 4 rooms counting my buddies)

I realize that this is supposed to be a budget hotel and I do not have huge expectations, but I was really disappointed as I stayed here once before and it was good. (Maybe I had the good room!) Speaking to the staff does not accomplish anything. I have this underlying feeling that they know the place is going to the dogs and they just look at you like you are nuts or you are interupting their day. I asked the dude at the inside restaurant counter for a glass of ice one night and you think I had insulted him by taking up some of his valuable time sitting and staring. I sort of got the impression overall that the staff hated working there. "IMHO" of course.

Ok, I need to get something straight here too, (again IMHO) I am a pretty nice and polite farang with good manners and I don't raise my voice or show anger. I am also not that picky. Looking at the other immediate reviews, I am feeling like I missed something here. I honestly don't get it as my buddy and I did not have these feelings.

My take on all this is that whoever owns this place has just given up putting any money into it to keep it up. That is what it looks like. Such a shame too as that tactic usually results in loosing more and more customers and a fast spiral down down the drain. If the owners have not been in there property for a while, and are surprised at this review. I suggest a visit is in order.

It is what is is folks...take the chance if you want, but look at your room first and don't commit to anything. I won't stay here again. There are just too many choices in the immediate area that are within the same price range and better kept up.

Room Tip: Look at your room first. DON'T let them give you what they want too. If they push it. Leave.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kenincr

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Angeles City, Philippines
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Best value in a budget hotel in lower Sukhumvit. Vehicle access down soi 7/1 a challenge at times and no parking. Rooms are clean and in good condition. Soi 7/1 a bit busy with nite-life, that could be good or bad depending on your preferences. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Edinburgh
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed a couple nights as was passing through Bangkok. It sits down the bottom of the Soi . Great location to explore all the local areas . Few minutes walk take you to the Sky Train. Its an old hotel but has recently been refurbished . Friendly Staff and great location

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends