“Maxim's Inn, happy with your newly-renovated rooms, I'll be back”
Review of Maxim's Inn

Maxim's Inn
Ranked #277 of 641 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Brisbane
“Maxim's Inn, happy with your newly-renovated rooms, I'll be back”
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I used to like Maxim's Inn because of its cheap rates and closeness to the skytrain but in recent years it got a bit dated and I began looking for alternative places to stay. But I found out they've completely overhauled and renovated their rooms and reopened in Dec '10 and decided to do a walk-in. I got the reception to show me the new rooms first. Nice new wooden flooring, no more musty carpet, new bathroom, brightly painted wall panels, newly installed air-conditioning units, new beds, curtains and a flat-panel TV. I happily decided to stay for 2 nights and paid the same rates as before! Unbelievable, I'm really impressed with their service-mindedness. Good job!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank superblueberry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 17 October 2010

This place in not at all clean and the room that was originally given to me was in very bad shape.
The walls were cracked and the AC was not working and also roaches.
I had to ask the staff to change to another room in upstairs. I stayed in this room for a day with AC is not fuctioning properly with paint smell and noice due to some renevation. They changed the rooms (after complain) twice before I got a room with AC which was just ok. Some nights I felt very lonely on the floor because none of the other rooms were occupied. Also, I noticed this place was used by people just for one night stay only. The staff (managers) were very rude and shown always "do not care" attitude. The safety deposit boxes are waste as they are not fixed in the room and can be easily removed and carried by anyone.

Do not buy into the trap that we will give you a apecial rate because of construction. Their special rate will NOT include the breakfast and the staff will not let you know this in advance. When you do the math the rate in NOT speical anymore.

Initially I was planning to stay for a longer time then I changed my plan and moved to another hotel which was nearby. Because of my bad experince with Maxim Inn, I spent a little bit more time to see other hotels and found there are plenty out in that area for better rooms and cheaper price.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Getter

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

jamshedpur
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The hotel we stayed for 3 nights from 5th agusut to 7th august This has really been a great being stayed there. the rooms are enough clean and the staff are very sober and gentle. renovation is going on and in next 6 months the hotel would be very good. The hotel is calm though the place is very very centre and near to entertainment area. You get everything you want right there on surroundings...extremely good experience overall the reservation manager Miss Noi is so fantastic behaved lady with always smiling face. anybody itnerested to go can contact me on 09431374176/09204621119..Partha Sarkar from Jamshedpur, India

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 June 2010

This hotel is very dirty.

The first thing I saw when I walked up was dead cockroaches all around the door. I had to use a different door to avoid walking on them.

The rooms and hallways were filthy too. I developed pink eye/conjunctivitis from the linens.
Spend a few extra baht and stay at a decent hotel nearby.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo