“Good location and confort”
Review of Dang Derm Hotel

Dang Derm Hotel
Ranked #368 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I recommend this hotel to anyone who want to stay in the middle of the mess, where everything happens. Sporadically your sleep may be interrupted by some young drunk in the hallways but if you are asleep this time, you are a loser!

Goods:
- Great location, right in the heart of Khao San Road.
- Very clean and beautiful room.
- The price
- The pool on the rooftop.
- Breakfast (is not what I can call continental breakfast but I enjoyed it!)

Cons:
The front desk table staff. Bad attitude, rude, not helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank giofds

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I found this hotel brilliant value for money at £20 a night, for a place with a lovely rooftop pool. But keep in mind that you are on the loudest party street in Bangkok, no amount of sound proofing will keep out that kind of base! So if you are looking for a place to party with your friends that offers a brilliant rooftop pool and nice rooms on a budget, do it! Unless you are light sleepers or a family, because the music goes all night.

Hope that's useful! X

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

A very nice place to stay in, enjoy my nights here. The pool was closed but me and my friend were told that we can go to the hotel opposite of ours if we ever want to go for a swim. The music was loud but it didn't matter, I still managed to get my sleep. The wifi was slow, I suggest getting a SIM card with the unlimited 3G data for 499 baht. Overall, enjoyed my stay in Dang Derm and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The hubby and I stayed here in March of this year... First when we got into a room we were really excited. The room looks very nice and we have Wi-Fi access in the room Which is great for Khao San Road. During our first night we have to we had a rude awakening the music never stopped until like 3 AM in the morning or later! My double ear plugs didn't even cut it completely out! Anyway if you have definitely partying yourself feel free to stay here it's great. Breakfast buffet is okay... Good luck finding a table! It's busy. Would definitely not stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure.....we. Had a Room on an upper floor but it didn't help against noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I booked this hotel in advance through Agoda we arrived around 11pm due to our flight being delayed, they had given all the rooms including our pre paid one to backpackers who walked in off the street so we were told the only room left was a front room which was noisy but the police checked the noise level after around 3-4AM!!!! I told him I was annoyed as I had paid for a good room, we entered the room we coundnt bear the noise the room was place above the outside disco on the main road and I had never heard noise so bad the room shook we had to go out which we didn't mind as kho San road was amazing, later around 1.30am we ventured back we could hear the disco as we approached our hotel we complained but was literally ignored by staff I requested a quieter room the noise finally stopped at 4.45AM we slept through breakfast was awoke by a phone call to say we had to move straight away to another room which was much quieter, we met a couple at reception who booked out as their room was too noisy I was with a 24year old who travelled around the world they said the room was bad!, the breakfast the next day was good .all in all we missed our breakfast our full day in Bangkok and didn't even get an apology.

Room Tip: pot luck don't book in advance it makes no difference don't accept front rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank c a
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We came to Bangkok For our first Asia holiday and found our first hotel the Dang Derm was value for the cost.We arrived at 2.45am dropped off our bags and went out for alook .We ended up getting back at 7am in time for breakfastThe hotel was clean staff very good and the rooms very good {while the air con is on]if not there is an ouderof mustinuss? Breakfast was reasonable and the pool was perfect for a pre Khoasan road night out> Its not a hotel for tourist but if you want to meet the real people that live there and party its the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in the Dang Derm on four separate occasions in the space of a month and each time it varied quite a lot. Reasons to like it include the nice receptionists (this applies to just the women who were quite sweet, unlike the men who were all snotty and difficult), rooftop pool (though spoiled much of the time by the loud dance music which blares from early morning), location (if you are a student or backpacker), and the professional and clean atmosphere when compared to the rotting and overpriced hotels on the Khao San Road. My first stay in room 5032 was fine (loud at night but what do you expect?), however, the second time our room (2007) stank of sewage and there was a cockroach in our friends' room (2001). But worst of all, we came upon a hoard of used old heroin needles at the edge of this corridor on a ledge overlooking the road! When I alerted staff and showed one, he laughed and said, "Why you go there!" I thought this was a big deal, but the hotel didn't seem to think so as they were still there, untouched, the following night! On the third occasion I stayed, the smell in the room was indescribable — an unholy combination of farts and sewage — and made us feel sick. The fourth occasion (3021) was fine, though a smell of damp in the room. It is a shame they allow what could be a great hotel slide with a few solvable problems, which makes staying here a bit of a gamble. But it is a haven when compared to the other places in this area, and as for families, not sure that they should be staying anywhere near a road that has for so long been established as a mecca for students looking to go nuts upon arrival in Southeast Asia.

Room Tip: Select an inner-facing room to avoid excess noise from main road which goes on from 5pm to around 5a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends