“1 Night in Bangkok!”
Review of Dang Derm Hotel

Dang Derm Hotel
Ranked #365 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed here one night before our adventure out to Ko Samui! Had a 5man bedroom, room was very clean, bathroom was huge, seperate toilet, seperate shower, plenty of plug sockets, huge tv, space for everyone to hang clothes etc, Free wifi and overlooking the Khosan road strip which wasn't a bad thing! Short but sweet, did the job. I almost forgot! the rooftop bar and pool, that was nice!

Room Tip: Higher the better, view the strip.. Visit the rooftop bar/pool!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I went travelling round Aisa two summers on the bounce and would never stay anywhere else on Khaosan road! I do not understand how this hotel has such bad reviews! Both times we stayed there we stayed for several nights and the rooms could not have been more perfect, the staff were very friendly and you look out over one of the most famous streets in Asia all for cheaper than you'd pay for a Travelodge! People who complain about it being noisy probably shouldn't book a hotel on one of the busiest roads in Thailand! Of course it's not going to be quiet! We never had a problem sleeping however. The roof top pool has the most beautiful views over Bangkok and a separate sun bathing level. On one night the receptionist opened the pool especially for us and even went to the shop and got us some beers as the bar was closed (for a small fee of course) The rooms are amazing, they are typical Thai rooms with sliding doors, wooden boards and mattresses on the ground, but with all the western facilities you need eg. wifi, plasma TV, quick powerful hot water and a safe. You couldn't be more central to the action. If ever I get the chance to go back it'll be to Dang Derm.

Room Tip: As long as you don't mind a bit of noise it is well worth getting one that looks out over the st...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank adam4991
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I got a single room with a private bathroom. The room was lovely, very clean and has a great Asian design. The location is perfect, right on Khao San Road..However with Khao San road comes a lot of noise. The location of my room was very close to the music, making any sleep next to impossible. There are options to request quieter rooms however I was unaware of this.

I would very much recommend this hotel if you can get a room which is not close to the blaring beats on the street. When I arrived I was advised that a quieter room was not available. When booking online try make a special request for this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here a few times in 2010 when World Cup was on , I was teaching up north in Thailand and came to Bangkok most weekends to party etc .First 2 times I stayed rooms were clean , shower was fine etc my only complaint was the lousy attitude of the reception staff downstairs I've never met Thai people who were as rude and snobby as them and I lived in Thailand for 4 months .took at least half hour to check in as staff were just talking to each other in Thai and just ignoring us .the location is perfect for bag packers ,students etc as it's right in the middle of KO San road , would not recommend this for family's as it's a very noisy hotel , with noise from the street outside and people partying inside .3rd time I stayed here I was given a room which stank of feet and dirty drains , I asked to swap and was lead to another room which stunk even more , asked for a refund and was told no way .They do not care about customer service at al in this hotel they just want ur MONEY, maids always check rooms before u can check out and they always look for an excuse to keep ur deposit .The best I've heard was stains on the towels .Overall based on my first two stays hotel was stay able and handy location but don't expect the Ritz.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Michelle E
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The Dang Derm is right on the main street but the room is still quiet. The pool is really nice and clean with a beautiful view at night, rooms are extremely clean with good aircon. Would highly recommend its great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My friend and I stayed a couple of nights here. The hotel location is very good, you can easily go around the city with tuk tuk fir reasonable prices however, this is the main bar and club street, so you don't have a good rest. The breakfast buffet is good if you compare for the cheap prices.

I would say if bring family do not stay here, if you are a yolo traveller this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for a room away from the main street
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abi B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

VERY unfriendly staff (I want to meet the tourists who still say that Thais are smiling 24/7), rooftop pool is crowded beyond imagination, breakfast is below average, room is dark, people run and scream in the corridors in the middle of the night and the noise coming from the street is devastating. Stay away from this hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family