Summary: It got to the point we had to tell ourselves constantly "we're paying just $20 for this... forget all expectations". I have stayed in hostels and guest houses before, and they deliver what they promise. The hotel management needs to ensure what's promised is delivered. No one likes to feel "cheated", especially not while on holiday and there are so many other touts and people trying to tell you the Grand Palace is closed, or charging you top dollar to take you a short distance.
The pros: Clean bed, white sheets, clean linen, housekeeping, free breakfast.
1. Hotel smells perpetually of paint and thinner. There were paint tins, and housekeeping things were lying all around. I stayed on both the 7th and 3rd floors (re-checked in).
2. My friends opened their hotel door upon check-in, and found to their chagrin a man wearing only his shorts seated on the bed with a lady. They said the hotel staff were getting another room for them, as they were not happy with the room. And reception opened the room to us BEFORE ensuring the couple had another room.
3. Tuk-tuk service was a pipe-dream. I stayed there 7 days. Of these, we only got the tuk-tuk once. Most times it was because "tuk-tuk sick, sorry". A couple other times, it was because the driver was only coming in at 7pm when the sign stated clearly at the hotel front that tuk-tuk service is available from 8am to midnight. The last, the tuk-tuk only takes you to the main road, not to any BTS station, and definitely not plying the Pratunaum market area. The driver says he only has the license to take us out to the main road, and that was it.
4. It is a 5 minute walk to the Phaya Thai BTS station, along a railway track that is still in use, and along quite a number of houses. Convenient, but forget about trying to take the Airport Link and dragging your luggage in. The stones and broken glass on the ground would kill the wheels. At night, walk back from Rathachewi station (sounds like Ratatouille).
5. Walls are so thin I could hear every single word that people were saying from the corridor and their rooms. To make this even more amazing, I am deaf in one ear, and could hear all of that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- myhotel is a stylish budget hotel, located nearby hearth of Bangkok shopping center such as Pratunam cloth market, Platinum fashion mall, Pantip gadget plaza, Central World branded mall and so on. The hotel is designed on "simple is best!" principle. You will experience the quality of casual services, simple breakfast, and free shuttle tuk tuk around Pratunam area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your myhotel Pratunam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myhotel Pratunam Hotel Bangkok