“Very near Pratunam market”
Review of myhotel Pratunam

myhotel Pratunam
Ranked #499 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Very near Pratunam market”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Mr. ___ I think he is the supervisor, (Sorry! really having a difficult time remembering his name), is jsut so understanding that when I cancelled a room that I booked for my parents due to an unforseen event in the Philippines, he was just so nice and caring to do the request for me. On the other hand, the receptionist (Aut) who received us the next day during wee hours in the morning of Aug 22 was just so rigid. Yeah, it is the hotel's policy to only accomodate max of 3 per room but he cannot bend atleast a bit regardless of my willingness to pay for the extra head. Ending, I paid 2 rooms for 4 persons and we only used one room by choice. We came there to have bonding! My parents came from Manila and I, with my fiance, came from Singapore. He can't even allow atleast one night. Who said that customers are always right? haha.
Another girl staff is just too helpful also to call for me the driver of the van who will pick us up for the dinner cruise. Their room phone is useless! I complained about it but it's just there for show... and incoming calls.

ROOMS are fine. Very small toilet and not as clean as MyhOtel Sentral in Kuala Lumpur. Aircon works fine. Breakfast is nice. Sausage, egg, bread and butter, jams, vegetable salad, phad thai. Value for money!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Hotel rooms are quite small but ok. Breakfast is good and accessible to market. Some staff are not approachable. Safe lock is not working properly. But over all our stay is ok. I might stay again. Budget hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank joannamaries
Honolulu
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The front desk staff have been very helpful and gracious especially Mr. Marut and Tato (nickname for "big eyes"). There is also another gentleman who works in the reception desk who has been very helpful when guests have questions. While the hotel is not located on the main road where the shopping malls and shops are, the staff's graciousness and willingness to help makes the difference.

Also, an added benefit is the massage center is right next to the hotel reception desk. It is reasonably priced, and the massage staff work hard.

The hotel is a tourist class hotel with basic amenities. However, it is clean, adequate and air-conditioned with clean white sheets and towels. What it lacks in terms of luxurious niceties, the staff's willingness to help and graciousness make up for it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mtravel2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My stay, except for day one where the air-con leaked and made one side of the bed wet, was quite pleasant. Unfortunately, it has a bad beginning and a bad ending. We went back for our luggage at 3.00 pm on the last day when it suddenly started to rain very heavily. We sat at the lobby but as it continued to pour, I asked the hotel staff to help us call a taxi to take us to the airport link. They said taxi does not go to the airport link and advised me instead to take a taxi to the airport as it was raining very heavily. I agreed and one of the hotel staff, a lady with long straight hair with thick accent at the reception, told me the price for the taxi to take me to the airport was THB$500 and it would arrive in 30 minutes time. The wait became nearly 1 hour, with me asking her a number of times if the taxi was arriving as my flight is for 6.30 pm. She kept reassuring me that it was first 20 minutes more and then that it was arriving soon. The taxi driver came and before we left in his taxi, he passed THB$100 to the female hotel staff. Due to the long wait for the taxi, we nearly did not make it for our flight. When we reached the airport, the check-in gate was 5 minutes to closing. We were lucky to make it in time. I understand that sometimes hotel staff do take a cut for favours they do for hotel guests. However, taking advantage of guests at the disregard of their welfare, in my case I could have missed my flight, was too much! On my first day, when I asked for a change of room as the air-con was leaking and the water dripped onto the bed was also refused. The staff told me that the hotel was fully booked. I did a check online and found there were still rooms available. He refused me with the same reason when I went back, until I pointed to a number of guests who were checking out. He said then that he will change the room for me. I went back to my room to pack. When I went back again, he told his colleague to tell me through a door behind the reception that he cannot change the room for me straightaway. I went back a fourth time before I get to change my room. For the rest, the breakfast provided was okay, and they have a friendly hotel staff who I later found was a trainee at the hotel. As the hotel has some years behind it, the safety deposit box in my room does not work and the trainee came up to help me open the deposit box every morning. She never complained and was always friendly and helpful. She also refused the tip I offered for helping me as she said all she wants was to help me. The hotel tuk tuk driver was also friendly and would send us to the Pratunam market in the morning. Though the service is usually not available at other times of the day as the driver is usually not there, thus making the hotel tuk tuk a showpiece outside the hotel during these times. The location is quite bad as it is at the end of a long lane from the main road and can get very quiet at night. On our first night back after shopping, we found a group of people standing outside the hotel surrounding a lady who was sobbing hysterically. We heard later that she was a hotel guest and has been robbed near the hotel. We took taxi back to the hotel after shopping every night after this.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms along the corridor which faces the lift and not those in the corridor behind it as the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TY T
myhotelbudgethotel, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Value Guest TY T,

First of all, thank you for staying with us at Myhotel Pratunam and for spending of your time to write your feedback following your recent stay with us. We, immediately made an investigation for this case and regret to learn that your stay was not an enjoyable one as expected from both services and facilities quality. However, your valuable comment is certainly helping us to improve and achieve in high level of services and we have to apology for this inconvenience, we will seriously look into these areas and fix to ensure it will not happen again to our value guest.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again to Myhotel Pratunam in the near feature.
Any information more please contract Mr. Ponrapat (Resident Manager) at ponrapat@my.co.th

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Ponlapat

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Affordable price, clean room and convenient area.

Super bad service, although we have the booking confirmation letter, but there is no any available room for us to check in. The breakfast was bad and the food is not enough for all the guests. The staff will off the Wifi on 12 AM. Very terrible for us as we can't connect to the internet.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BeiLe
Dear Beile

First of all, thank you for staying with us at Myhotel Pratunam and for spending of your time to write your feedback following your recent stay with us. Your valuable comment is certainly helping us to improve and achieve in high level of services. We regret to learn that your stay was not an enjoyable one as expected from both services and food quality. In this we have to apology I will seriously look into these areas and fix to ensure it will not happen again to our value guest

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Ponlapat
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Nice Stay. It is considered a pleasant stay. There is a small Thai massage shop at the lobby of the hotel, but it is about 100 to 50 baht more expensive than outside shops.
The hotel staff are generally polite and friendly, however the breakfast has little selection and the free tuk tuk is not always there. Location wise is pretty near the station ( both in the city and express train from airport ) and is near the shopping places. The downside is that it is beside a swamp like estate and if you wanna walk back, I will advise you to go back to the hotel early, because you might disturbed the residences sleeping there.

To conclude, I will go back to stay again as it is value for money.

Room Tip: There is no window scenery, and there is no flask in the room for boiling of hot water.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StanKev
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 15 July 2013

3 night stay in My Hotel in Bangkok was quite comfortable.
Good points:
1/ Small but very nice and well-decorated room. We booked double room with triple stay so it was a bit inconvenient but it's acceptable with that cheap price.
2/ The hotel offer free tuk tuk from hotel to main street. Unfortunately, the tuk tuk was out of service during our stay.
3/ Good location with only 3 minute walk to main street and 10min to big shopping malls. With terrible traffice during rush our, walking was much better than tuk tuk or taxi.
4/ The staff of Massage room in lobby were very friendly. We really relaxed with foot massage after walking day in shopping malls. :)
5/ Breakfast was quite good.
Bad points:
The hotel staff were helpful when we could not open safety box in our room or we need umbrella while raining. However, we lose our impression on them at the very moment we entered the hotel. When we opened hotel door, there was no porter or welcome man as expected - it's ok but when looking at us lagging our heavy lugguage inside, 2 receptionists ignored and continued their work (starring at computur screen). The thing is they did not say hello or smile, it's quite bad. They only stood up when I came to the reception table and opened my mouth. The same thing occurred when we check out.:(
In general, with out bad impression about receptionists, this is very good hotel with great location and cheap price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends