“It was what I expected, but nothing to write home about”
Review of Calypso Cabaret

Calypso Cabaret Show Ticket
Ranked #7 of 34 Concerts & Shows in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
lleida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“It was what I expected, but nothing to write home about”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First of all, I want to thank the counter staff of Calypso Cabaret to accomodate us for the 8.15pm show two days after our original booking, not because of our fault, but because Asiaweb sold us tickets for the 9.45pm show, that, simply, did not exist.

As for the show... colorful, loud music, watery gin tonic included in the price... But I enjoyed the 70 minutes it lasted. And my daughter, enjoyed even more than me.

Another regret: After the show you can take pics with the artists... But they expect money, and do not hide that from you, with an open hand full of banknotes... I suggest the organization to tell the audience that the artists are willing to have to their pics taken... but for a donation...hehe...

3 Thank albertet

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not amazing”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I expected a lot more. 900 Baht, $30 aud and one free drink. The acts were a bit focused on the Asian tourist and not too much on the English speaking tourists. Some acts were good, some boring. My husband fell asleep during the show.

3 Thank Kerrie J
Goulburn, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“My daggy dad has better dance moves”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Uncoordinated, badly mimed, poor sound quality, boring boring boring. My only regret was wasting my money on this awful show.

4 Thank Amanda C
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“It's an experience!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We booked online and got free ice cream while we watched Thai dancing just outside the theatre. Inside we were offered a free drink and sat at a little table. The show is mimed and some of the miming was dreadful but the dancing was incredible and most of the costumes were stunning. At the end of the show the performers lined up for photos which they expect to be tipped for.
Asiatique is well worth a visit. It is a lovely setting at the river and there are lots of little stalls offering a variety of souvenirs, clothes etc and there are lots of places to eat.

2 Thank Sheilafor
Hong Kong, China
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Good entertainment”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Well organised, very good customer service, and a good show.

Don’t expect a highly polished professional show like broadway musicals however you will have a fun and entertaining time.

Guests get one free drink (limited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink choice), and an icecream coupon if the booking is done online.

The online booking service is easy to use. Note: they have stopped their late show for a couple of months. Therefore only the 8.15pm show is available at the moment.

2 Thank RochCorb