“Absolutely Brilliant”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #44 of 895 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I'll keep this short....we are two mid 20s English people from Manchester.

On a two week stay in Thailand, had one
Night here.

It is exceptional service, rooms are top quality, breakfast buffet had an unbelievable selection and you can order stuff from the chefs.

Only about 8 to 10 GBP from the airport.

Went to khao San road at night which cost about 1.50 GBP in a taxi!

Definitely, definitely stay here again.

A great hotel

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank tomcartledge
Write a ReviewReviews (3,598)

Reviewed 31 May 2012

We really loved this place. The staff made sure we were always satisfied. They helped us with tours and shopping, drivers and whatever we needed. The managers were excellent and always made suggestions for dinner or anything we needed. The rooms were very clean and the food excellent. It totally exceeded our expectations

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diane F
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel is very new, it was completed redone couple of years back, but due to the riot, they didn't do the grand opening till just very recent, so many taxi and Thai is still unaware of this hotel. The lobby is very trendy, and rooms are very modernly done. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the front desk girl walked me to my room upon checking which is very nice, not to mention they are not shy of upgrading you to a nicer and bigger room if you ask.
The gym and swim pools are on the top floor, very nice. There are two pools, and the gym is very nice.
The rooms are very quite because although the hotel is located in the CBD area, but it is a little bit tucked in. It's only one minute walk to the Skytrain station E1, and to the nice highend shopping mall. It's about 2 to 3 minutes walk to the Intercontinental and new St. Regies, and 3 minutes taxi ride to the Conrad and JW Marriott. It's also very short tax ride to the bar areas.
Because it is in the new business area, so it's not so close to the Grand Royal Palace and such, especially during the traffic, but so are most of other high end hotels.
the Club Lunge is nice, have pretty good breakfast and happy hour. Internet is free if you are a Marriott member.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrad for a club level room or a corner room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank IntBizTraveler
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I have booked Renaissance suite on the arrival day they have upgrade us to executive suite which is very nice I usually book at the Interconetental Hotel when ever I come to Bangkok because of the location but the location of Renaissance is just what I prefer ,the location of the hotel is excellent is about 50meters away the BTS and most of the shopping malls are just walking distance (Central is about 70 meters away) , the Siam shopping complex is just 200 meters away and the MBK is just 250 meters so I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Matar A
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Selected this hotel as it has easy access (by walking) to a wide variety of restaurants and malls. The skywalk over the street makes it safe and quick to get around. The hotel itself was of a very modern decor - sleek and a little bit dark. The room was large - comfortable bed - interesting glass bathroom. Very clean - everything as it should be. My room was on the 17th floor with a nice city view. Ate in two of the restaurants. In one, I had the feeling most of the staff did not speak much English - it took several tries (and several people) to get my request correct for more syrup for my waffle. I was surprised. One other thing that was odd - when I arrived, I found out my entire stay (four nights) had already been charged to my card (not typical for Renaissance in my experience), and their documentation (with my name on) showed I'd booked through a web site I'd never heard of... (I had booked via telephone direct to Marriott sales, and not a pre-paid rate.) I had checked in with only my passport at first, but after seeing the above, I dug out my confirmation number/e-mail. They were not able to explain what had happened. At any rate, the hotel was very good overall - I would recommend it to those who like sleek & contemporary.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed at Renaissance Hotel Bangkok which truly exceeded our expectations. Our room was modern and we had a good view of the city. The breakfast buffet was one of the best that we've had, mind you, you can never go wrong with food in Thailand. We also had dinner buffet which was pretty good also. We did one breakfast via room service, not worth it, buffet breakie was way better. The location was very good as well, you can walk to the shops. I won't try to pronounce the hotel's name to taxi driver, the show them the card it's much easier. Overall, it's a good hub for your stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Make sure you check if breakfast is included, their food is amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrissymusttravel
Reviewed 21 May 2012

how is this hotel only rated about 16th of 5star bangkok hohels? this is the purfect hotel for a stay in bangkok.some reviewers didnt like the all glass bathrooms.what wingers.get into the 21st century please!rooms very spacious lovely big firm king bed.some i saw winged these were too hard.they are not.breakfast was the best i have ever had other than gritti palace in venice.very handy toshopping centres and train station for trip to chao phraya river.dinner was spectacular.crab was feature of buffet.beautiful seafood thai dishes and my wifes favourite,the deserts.all terrific.waitresses wouldnt let you carry your selection back to your table.wonderfull place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple