Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
US$156
US$102
Travelocity
3,712 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I had a great stay at the Renaissance. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the views of downtown Bangkok are second to none (especially from the rooftop pool and gym). The hotel is within a stone's throw of the BTS rail, which makes it convenient to get to most places in the city. I had a chance to dine at all of the restaurants within the hotel, and the service and food was exceptional all around (especially the breakfast buffet). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Adam,

I would like to thank you for your nice feedback, I am particular pleased to read that the hotel ambassadors have done a great job in looking after you and that you enjoyed the design and overall feel of the hotel.

The hotel has indeed, like you and many of our guest have commented, an excellent location being just opposite the Chitlom BTS station, which connects you to all what Bangkok has to discover, and in walking distance of the Bangkok key shopping centres.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the great city views of the Bangkok skyline from our guest rooms and I will be sure to pass on your comments regarding the overall service and food quality to our Food and Beverage teams which is much appreciated.

Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell our guests all about the Bangkok local discoveries.

We look forward to your return and wish you safe travels ahead,

With regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The hotel looks very contemporary. Staff was very hospitable and you can experience Thai culture with their greeting of putting their palms together and bowing to greet you. The hotel offers different kinds of thai candies that is delectable to my taste. Their buffet restaurant serves great choices of international cuisine and fresh fruits native to the country as well as other Asian or western fruits. Location is close to the shopping area and rail transit. So it's great as taxi is hard to find in Bangkok. Tuktuk is safe but you have to be careful. Guest rooms and other hotel amenities are great. Area is safe and if you're from the US -- there's a 7-11 walking distance to the hotel that you can get your SIM card for Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: Spa is heaven. You have your own room big spa room that the therapist will go to you instead of you going to different rooms if you have multiple treatments.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind feedback, I am so pleased to read that our hotel ambassadors have done a great job in looking after you, that you enjoyed their well known Thai hospitality, besides the desgin and overall feel of the hotel. The hotel ambassadors are definitely an asset for us and I will be sure to make mention of your comments to the team.

Thanks for your nice comments for our daily buffet offerings for the various meal periods and I am pleased to let you know that our culinairy team has received lots of recognition for the same.

The hotel signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover", our location is indeed in the heart of the Bangkok main shopping areas and straight opposite the Chitlom BTS station which connects you to all of what Bangkok has to discover.

Look forward to your return,

Safe travels and with regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2013

2 ladies used to go to Bangkok twice a year for eating and shopping. This hotel was one of the best I have stayed in Bangkok in last 2 years. During last 2 year, my ranking in terms of overall performance should be Pullman, courtyard Maorriott, JW Morriott, Novotel Ploenchit. Clean and tidy, quiet and space room with nice service. I will come and stay in this hotel again when I can get promotion price again :) Otherwise, I often stayed at Pullman.
Highly recommend this hotel to you!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wahaha_bear
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Ladies,

I would like to thank both of you for the nice comments given and I am particular pleased to read that you rated our hotel as "One of the best hotels" you have stayed during the last two years you have visited Bangkok. I am glad that you enjoyed the overall design of the hotel, its guestrooms and the overall feel.

Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell you about the Bangkok local discoveries next time you return,

Safe travels and with warm regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel has by far the best customer service of just about any hotel I've stayed at in Asia. My experience was SO good, in fact, that I decided to sign up for Trip Advisor; this is my first review. The staff in the executive lounge were especially helpful and friendly. The staff (I wish I remembered their names) went above and beyond to ensure every detail of my stay was perfect. There is delicious, over the top food and an expansive bar in the executive lounge. The free 15 minute massage was an added bonus to my hectic stay in Bangkok. While the hotel is near the metro, it is not located to a lot of the tourist sites --which wasn't a problem for me given that I was visiting for work. I cannot wait to return again next month!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John G

Dear John,

I like to thank you for your nice comments, I am particular pleased to read that the hotel ambassadors have done a great job in looking after you and have exceeded your expectations, the ambassadors are definitely an asset for us. I will be sure to pass on your nice comments to the team of the executive club lounge which is much appreciated.

The hotel is indeed located in walking distance from the key shopping centres and just opposite the Chitlom BTS station which make our location quite unique to avoid the Bangkok traffic.

Renaissance hotels as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell you all about the Bangkok discoveries next time you return,

I look forward to meet you in person during your next visit,

Safe travels and with regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We booked 4 rooms on March 2013, in our reservation we had 4 rooms, 2 pairs with connecting door and 3 kids for each family. All was confirmed with the hotel. When we arrived to the hotel during the check-in we found out that the hotel don’t have rooms with connecting doors for us and they MIGHT have extra beds “they will have to look at the storage” . Since we have small kids we told them it’s not an options to sleep in 2 separate rooms, we went out to see the city and after few hours when we came back the lady at the receptions (which I have to say that had poor customer service ) said they found just 2 rooms with connecting doors (out of the 4) and we have to decide which family gets it. One family got the 2 rooms with connecting doors but only with 4 sleeping places (NO EXTRA BED as confirmed had to sleep with on child in the parent’s bed) and the other family got 2 separate rooms with 5 sleeping places. The other issue happened in breakfast , after we finished breakfast they wanted to charge us for extra kid !!!, During our last day one of the hotel sales directors contact us to hear our experience he listen made sure we won’t be charge for extra kid and gave us dinner voucher.Food is very good and location is fine , Having said that it was very bad experience due to poor serice !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you for your comments and I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the team for the mis-comnunication in the rooms assignment and the way this was communicated to you.

The team has updated me, after they spoke to you, however It would please me if you could contact me at mark.wielen@renaissancehotels.com so I could get more information as I would not like you to walk away feeling negative about the hotel and my team.

I look forward to future communication so that when you are next in Bangkok we can exceed your expectations,

I appreciate your comments on the overall food quality and the location of the hotel and well be sure to make mention of these comments besides the other comments as we like to continteously improve our service levels. Once again please accept my sincere apologize,

Safe travel and with warm regards,