“Outstanding location”

Ranked #47 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Francestown, New Hampshire
“Outstanding location”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed 4 nights and took advantage of an upgraded room which included access to the Club lounge on the 19th floor with great food and beverages. This property is right next to the Chit Lom Skytrain station giving guests good access to all the shopping areas and just a short ride to the Chao Phraya river and the Tourist boat.For anyone wanting to do some serious shopping, this is a great location.

Room Tip: Book a Club Lounge room, the extra cost is worth the price.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twobeach
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear guest,

I like to thank you for your nice comments and I am pleased to read that besides the overall hotel design and feel of the hotel you enjoyed the service provided by the hotel ambassadors. The hotel club lounge receives indeed lots of positive guest feedback for its service provided, its daily food and beverage offerings, or other club lounge benefits and value adds and its great city views. I am happy to read that you recommend it to other guests as the additional charge is indeed value for money.

The hotel is fully managed and operated by Marriott International hotels, Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell our guests all about the Bangkok local discoveries. With an excellent location with all the key Bangkok shopping malls within walking distance and the Chitlom BTS station just opposite our guest are set for some great discoveries.

I like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to yorur return so that we can offer you the same experience,

With regards and safe travels ahead,

Mark van der Wielen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have stayed 3 times in the last month and every time I experience the same outstanding service. I am a Gold member and benefit by using the Executive Lounge. Great range of foods and cocktails are included. Will definitely stay again and continue recommending to others.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rblw
Dear guest,

I like to thank you for your nice comments, I am pleased to read that our team of hotel ambassadors has taken very good care of you and provided you with great service, our hotel ambassadors are indeed an asset for us and I will sure to make mention of your nice comments to them.

The hotel club lounge receives in general excellent guest feedback on its service provided besides the daily food and beverage offerings and other benefits and it sets us apart from many other lounges in the city,

Thank you for recommending us to others and most of all for staying with us

We look forward to giving you the same experience on your next stay at the Renaissance Ratchaprasong hotel, with warm regards and safe travels ahead,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have stayed at most of the Marriott hotels in Bangkok. I have been very fortunate and every time that I have stayed here they have upgrade me to a suite, and I have to say that their suites are possibly my favorite hotel room at any hotel...period. Not only are the rooms huge...they have a large bathroom with a shower and a stone tub. The bathroom and the bedroom are divided by a glass wall, making the whole room feel even larger. The concierge lounge has a full breakfast and every evening they put out a wonderful spread of foods and drinks. The location of the hotel is just off of the subway line and it makes it easy to get to and get around town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cubfaninco
Dear guest,

I like to thank you for your nice comments and the "header of your review" makes the team very proud.
It is great to read that you enjoyed the overall design and feel of the hotel and its guestrooms, your review outlines all what we are proud about on our product. The hotel club lounge is indeed very popular and besides its excellent reputation on service provided we offer varous daily food and beverage offerings in a lounge which has great views of hte city.

As you know, the hotel is fully managed by Marriott International hotels and Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell our guests all about the Bangkok discoveries. With the Chitlom BTS station just opposite, you can discover the city very easily,

I like to thank you for your support to Marriott International Hotels and most of all to the Renaissance Ratchaprasong hotel

We look forward to your next return so that we can provide you the same experience,

With regards and safe travels ahead,

Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

The staff was professional, exceptional service and the location in the middle of Bangkok makes for dealing with the horrible Bangkok traffic manageable. The room was more spacious than expected and the large soaking tub a nice plus.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear guest,

I like to thank you for your nice comments and I am pleased to read that during your one week of business you enjoyed the overall feel and design of the hotel, our guest rooms and the service provided by our hotel ambassadors. The hotel guest- and bathrooms have received lots of excellent feedback on their design touches, being very spacious, its functionality and having both lots of natural daylight and offering therefore great city views.

The hotel has indeed an excellent location which is key in Bangkok, within walking distance of all the key shopping malls and just opposite the Chitlom BTS station which connects you with all what Bangkok has to discover.

I like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward for your return so what we can provide you with the same experience,

Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

What a great hotel and fabulous service. Arrived late at night was taken upstairs to the club lounge and checked in. I am a gold member as was very happy to be told that I had been upgraded to a suite room. I was unable to book an extra night so I didn't have to walk around town until flying out at midnight but was told no worries they would look after my luggage and I could use the club lounge to relax while I had 8 hours to wait. The staff in the club lounge where very helpful and polite the choice of food was fabulous. I would definitely stay again and look forward to staying again next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

I am very pleased to read your nice comments on the overall feel and design of our hotel, our guest rooms and most of all that our hotel ambassadors have taken so good care of you and provided you with fabulous service. That makes me very proud and our team of hotel ambassadors are indeed an asset to us and I will be sure to make mention of your nice comments to them.

I like to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott International hotels of which Renaissance is part, the Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators, (concierge) will be delighted to tell our guests all about the Bangkok local discoveries.

I wish you a safe journey ahead, and with warm regards,

Malaysia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I remembered when I first touch down Bangkok, most of the places were jam and while we were approaching the hotel, the place seems dodgy because it's blocked by some other buildings from far but it was just what I thought. We were greeted by the friendly staffs in the lobby. Rooms were cozy and clean. The best part is, although it's jam with cars on the road outside, you can just walk to the nearest malls like Siam Paragon, Central and Platinum Wholesale Centre. Will definitely come again :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

I am most pleased to read that you definitely want to come back that alone tells me that our our hotel ambassadors have done a great job in looking after you all during your stay. The hotel has indeed an excellent location and that is a key factor in Bangkok, you can indeed walk to all the key shopping centres and the Chitlom BTS station is just opposite, a few minutes walk, which connects you with all what Bangkok has to discover.

Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell you all about the Bangkok discoveries,

I like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return so that we can give you the same experience,

NY
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I finally tried this hotel during my last visit to Bangkok, I was not disappointed. The location is excellent, and near the major malls where you can go for shopping as well as plenty of food choices within those malls. It's few minutes of walk to the Sky Train station, super convenient.
The hotel itself is very modern, very welcoming staff, the breakfast quality is actually very good for a hotel this size. The room size is great, very clean and well kept. Overall, a great experience, highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest

I like to thank you for your nice comments and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the overall design and feel of the hotel and the service provided by our hotel ambassadors. The hotel has indeed an excellent location which is a key when selecting a hotel in Bangkok.

The hotel is fully managed and operated by Marriott International hotels, Renaissance as one of its brands signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell our guests all about the local Bangkok discoveries,

I like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return so that we can provide you with the same experience,