“Absolutely Amazing!”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #47 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed at this property from 1 Feb-5 Feb during the infamous BKK Shutdown.
Firstly I've stayed in many hotels in Bangkok, being a regular visitor, like Hotel Muse, Centrepoint Chidlom, Centara Grand, Baiyoke Sky, Arnoma and Tawana and the Renaissance has to rank as the best I've stayed in BKK.

A big thanks firstly to the free upgrade to Club Room by the friendly receptionists. From the bell hop to the reception to the security, everyone has full of greetings and genuine smiles, and reminded me of the service I received in Mandarin Oriental Jakarta which to me was the best hotel I've ever stayed in terms of service till date. This hotel comes very close.

Location excellent, just a minute walk away from Chitlom BTS and perfect for tourists who want to shop at Central World, Siam Square, etc.

Room was clean, the separate bathtub was a bonus, especially being able to watch the TV and soak in the bath at the same time! Shower pressure was fantastic as well, compared to the inconsistency of the temperature at Hotel Muse.

Didn't get a chance to try breakfast, though there is a fantastic Bagel Shop (BKK Bagel Bakery) just a stone's throw away, plus the street food stalls right outside.

The Shutdown didn't bother us bit, just try to be alert at all times and follow Richard Barrow on Twitter to get all the updates of the danger zones if any.

My only 3 complaints were probably the odd mosquito at the lobby and in the room. Also, the pillows should be improved as I had a stiff neck from the soft pillows that were provided, and there was sound coming from the air con which might bother some but not me.

Beyond that, perfect. Highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkvanderWielen, Director of Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear VincSiow,

Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong hotel in this forum. I love your tagline “Absolutely Amazing”. It is also very nice to read that your stay was among your best experience of all stays in the city. That is a great comment which we appreciate immensely, especially from a seasoned traveler such as yourself.

Your comments will be shared with the team to which I am sure everyone will appreciate. I would like to highlight that we do have alternative pillows in house which can be provided upon request. We will be sure to provide these to you on your next stay to ensure you have a great nights sleep.

Look forward to meeting you in the hotel soon,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,426)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was my first time staying in Bangkok and I used my Marriott Rewards to pay for this stay. It was really worth it. It's rated a category 5 in Marriott terms, but it's a category 6-7 in compared to US Marriott's --- especially compared to the Marriott's in San Francisco (where I live). Great location, great service, great amenities (pool, fitness room, bars and restaurants). I'd highly recommend the Renaissance for a stay in Bangkok

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joel F,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Bangkok. Our Marriott Rewards members receive great benefits for their loyalty and it’s great to read that you could redeem your points for this stay. The hotel is only 4 years old and is a beautiful chic design that many of our guests really like. It is a fantastic example of the direction that Renaissance Hotels is heading as Marriott’s Lifestyle hotel brand.

I am very pleased to read that you like the hotels amenities and in particular the service. We have a great team of ambassadors who go the extra mile for our guests every day.
Hope to see you back in the hotel should you travel to Bangkok in the near future,

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is my fourth visit to Bangkok. The purpose of the visit is to look Elephant Tower. (When I visited Saigon Sky Deck at Bitexco Financial Tower in HoChiMinh in last February, I found this tower is No. 4 of Top 20 Iconic Buildings of the World.) I arrived at the airport from Kota Kinabalu via Kuala Lumpur at 23.00 and arrived at the hotel after 24.00 by taxi. The room was at 18th floor and city view. I stayed at this hotel for two nights. In the next morning, I contacted a concierge staff and was taught how to get to Elephant Tower by public transportation. And as I told him that I had gone up almost all observatory in the world, he also told me that, there's observation deck at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, the tallest building in Thailand at this moment. (In two years, another hotel will take the place.) I took BTS (sky train) from Chit Lom station, just in front of the hotel to Mo Chit station, terminal of this line. I changed to MRT (metro) to Phahon Yotin, the first stop and walked to Elephant Tower. As I bought one day ticket of BTS, when I came back, I dropped at Victory Monument station, and then went to all terminal stations of two BTS lines. I once came back to the hotel, and I went to take dinner at a Japanese restaurant in Central World, shopping center. On the last day, I 'll take 17.20 flight to Jakarta, then to Tokyo, then I got an agreement to extend check out time until 2.00 p.m. without extra. I went up to the observation deck at 84th floor of Baiyoke sky Hotel, and took lunch at another Japanese restaurant of Central World. When I came back to the hotel, demonstration was begun near the hotel. When I checked out and asked a taxi, the same staff at concierge said a taxi is not available because of demonstration, and recommended to take City Line to the airport. He helped me to take my luggages to Chit Lom station. I took BTS and changed to City Line at Phaya Thai station. I arrived at the airport in safe and in time. .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Tadahiro H,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and I am very pleased to read that your stay was Perfect!

Our Navigator Concierge’s are our local area experts and it is great to know that they recommended the Baiyoke Sky Tower to you as a lover of observation decks. Your review highlighted ways in which our guests can get to the hotel from the airport and vice versa and thank you for your detailed review which many people will find helpful.
I hope that you will think of us again when you return to Bangkok for your 5th visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

As a Gold Elite member, you are really treated well. We checked in at special lounge upstairs, had a few drinks and we also given two gifts. The high tea was excellent and evening snacks were very tasty. Although small children are not allowed in the club lounge after 430pm, they had food and drinks available in the lobby (pizza, egg rolls, some desserts, etc...) The pool was very awesome, but very cold in Dec so we decided not to go in beyond our toes. The staff was very professional and the rooms were well decorated. The location is 200m from the Skytrain and close to major shopping centers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
MarkvanderWielen, General Manager at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear guest,

I like to thank you for your nice comments and I am pleased to read that our team of hotel ambassadors have looked after you well and that you enjoyed the overall feel and design of the hotel and its guest rooms. The hotel executive lounge receives in general excellent comments on its serice provided and daily various food and beverage offerings, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the teams.

We like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return so that we can provide you with the same experience,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We travel to Bangkok at least once a year and we always try to stay at the Renaissance. It is an excellent hotel, in a great location: near the Skytrain and many of the major shopping and business areas. The staff is very helpful and friendly. You get a warm welcome when checking in. One very special touch is that they make their own candy, with a different delicious flavor available each day (some of them have quite a kick). The rooms are very comfortable and well-designed. My only comment would be that the bathrooms could use more light, but that’s close to my only suggestion. I love the large bathtub and separate shower, and the sink area has plenty of room.
This year, we stayed at the Renaissance over New Year’s Eve. One of the biggest celebrations in Bangkok took place right across the street, at Central World. We had a fabulous dinner at their Italian restaurant, La Tavola (see my separate review). It was a great time, fireworks and all!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your nice comments and I am particular pleased to read that our team of hotel ambassadors have looked after you very well and that you enjoyed the overall design and feel of our hotel and its guest rooms.

Renaissance as a brand signifies a deep belief in "Live Life to Discover" and our team of navigators (concierge) will be delighted to tell our guests all about the local discoveries. The daily change of our candies, which are based on seven popular colors representing each one day of the week, like you outlined is one of the many, what we refer to as our "local discoveries" within the hotel, made from of indegenious recipes

Reviewed 1 February 2014

With marriott you can expect clean rooms, good service, food and ambience...but what i like most about the place is the location....its not in the centre...it is located at the heart of the centre...best place to stay if you are in thailand for work/shopping or partying

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your nice comments, I am particular pleased to read that our team of hotel ambassadors have looked after you well and that you enjoyed the design and feel of the hotel and its guest rooms besides our excellent location which is within walking distance from all of the Bangkok key shopping malls and just opposite the Chitlom BTS station which connects you with all what Bangkok has to discover.

We look forward to your return so that we can provide you with the same experience,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

As a Marriott member I stay in Marriott properties of all class all over the world. This hotel and it's staff are incredibly friendly and convenient for any location in Central Bangkok or beyond. There are two Skytrain system stations within minutes, and you can get to most locations even outside of Bangkok easily and swiftly. In a city that is know for 24/7 traffic conditions, this is key. The Staff are swift, courteous, and always on site on every level to greet and help assist your needs. I must callout the restaurants, especially the Breakfast on level M. Incredible. The staff even recalled my need for a Coke Light instead of coffee, each morning, even after I returned after a two month period. All rooms are exceptionally clean, modern and well appointed. Linens are top notch. Exercise room has fully equipped and always empty, so never a wait.

This last trip, we arranged transportation twice using the hotel van services, for half days. It was convenient, private, and super clean to be in a luxury minivan stocked with waters, and you can trust to leave your gear, and backpacks in the van with the driver if you don't want to carry on your sightseeing adventure or to your meeting.

I can't think I will be as pleased in another hotel, but I do like the JW Marriott, also - This Renaissance is a much more convenient location.

We stayed during the first week of Shutdown Bangkok. though we were in the middle of the gathering, there was always a feeling we could escape into our hotel, and find quiet and peaceful staff awaiting.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but the higher up you can go, the better the view. I prefer the rooms on the w...