Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
    Golden House(Bangkok)
    Good 3.5/5
    Hansar Bangkok Hotel(Bangkok)
    3,711 results
    All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 28 February 2014

All is excellence here, room is very comfortable with nice bath tub. Fitness is so good especially swiming pool even water is a bit cold but happy hour had helped us. Hotel locates near giant shopping complex with variety of restaurants by having few minutes walk.

• Stayed: February 2014
    MarkvanderWielen, Assistant Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear HuaKim,

Thank you for staying with us recently and the great review about our property. I am glad to read that you had a great time staying with us and you enjoyed our room and our fitness. The hotel is located right at the major shopping complex with the skytrain station in front of the hotel so it is very convenient to travel around Bangkok.

We look forward to welcoming you to Bangkok in the future. Until then, safe journey home.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

While I have stayed here multiple times, my most recent stay at the Renaissance Bangkok was 17-21 Feb, it's my home away from home when I travel to Bangkok for work or play. Located at the Ratchaprasong intersection, you are literally steps from most of the major shopping areas. You have multiple BTS stations (Chit Lom, Siam and Ratchadamri stations) - which came in handy since the intersection was closed off, I even took the train to Phaya Thai and connected to the Airport Rail Link - 45 baht? How can you NOT take the train back to the airport!

I used to stay at the JW Marriott when I had to travel to BKK, until the Renaissance was opened. The area around the hotel is so much cleaner and convenient, you just really can't go wrong.

The current political protests are happening in the area but the hotel was keeping guests informed with what was going on - you can avoid most of the crowds by using the BTS and the skywalks, and really other than the road closure and a bit of noise you heard while walking around the area, the crowds were really not a factor - There are also a lot of extra street food vendors in the area (even a guy with a pizza oven!) - a lot more than are normally in the area, so this was a plus!

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club and Golf Course gives you a reason to keep your curtains open! :-)
    • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank sip_bangkok

Dear sip_bangkok,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking your time to review our hotel.

I am glad to read that you love our location as it is convenient to get around by the skytrain where the station is just right in front of the hotel. This helps you save your time that enables you to discover more things in Bangkok.

Let us welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok. Until then, safe journey home.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Love this hotel. It sits in a great location with access to incredible shopping. The hotel itself is fabulous. I love the chic look and feel and the staff are extremely attentive. The rooms are well appointed with exceptional housekeeping. Having stayed at the JW Marriott many times before I would recommend the Renaissance over the JW or any other hotel. You will find that the lobby, elevator, lounge, etc have a sophisticated feel but the rooms provide you with more warmth which is a nice balance. Also make sure to make use of the Skytrain (BTS) and the Skywalk and make it easy on you getting around the city.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    MarkvanderWielen, Assistant Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Matt B,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your nice comments about your stay.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our hotel's decor and atmosphere both at the public area and in the guest room. We are proud to be a lifestyle brand focusing on the local discoveries. It's great to know that our service has met your expectations and we promise to deliver the true Thai hospitality to our guests.

Let us welcome you back when you visit Bangkok for the next time. Until then, safe journey home.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

If you need a place to stay I would recommend you stay at this hotel in Bangkok. It's accessible to the centre and shopping malls. Staff will make sure that your stay with them was a rememberable one.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear jhndasalla,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your nice comments about our location and our staff service.

We look forward to welcoming you to Bangkok and our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife & I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights after 3 weeks in Phuket and were so happy we chose
    this Marriott. It is next to the BTS sky train so getting around Bangkok is no problem. It is also close to many Malls which give you a huge choice of restaurants to eat at.Our favorite was Central
    Mall which must have at least 200 places to eat, from Chinese,Japanese,Thai,French, Singapore,
    & even American. Our room in the hotel, 1612, was spacious,clean, and the AC worked well.
    Breakfast in the main restaurant had anything you might want, & of good quality. Since I am a
    Marriott Rewards Gold Elite we were upgraded & given lounge access. This included afternoon
    tea from 3 to 5 and canapés & cocktails from 4:30 to 8:30 all done in a professional & gracious
    manner. All of the staff were as pleasant as could be and always asked how they could help.
    I personally met the lounge mgr Pemika & Front office mgr Chutinart who were always asking
    if everything was alright. I also met the operations mgr, a young man from Austrailia who was very nice & I apologize, I don't remember his name. I would not hesitate for a moment to stay at this
    Hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear birdspotter13,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad to read that your stay with us was perfect and our team were looking after you well. Thanks for the nice compliments to our ambassadors. They are always recognized by our guests for their great services.

I am sure that you have discovered something wonderfully new while staying with us. We do hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.