“Charming Services.”

Ranked #47 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Charming Services.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was droping by for a simple lunch with my friends at the chinese restaurant and we were talking about my birth day party in the evening which we will have at home. After the lunch, the staff have surprised me with a sorbet ice-creame and sining a birth day song to me. I was really surprised how they know if it was my birthday. The staff told me that while I was talking with a friends about the birth day party with my friends, they coun'dt help to hear my conversation. So they did what I would say a "charming services". I thought this is a really nice way of serving the guest. Thank you all of you, it made my brith day become more special this year. :).

Room Tip: Higher floors get a really nice bird eyes view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matthew E
MarkvanderWielen, Assistant Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Matthew E,

Thank you for sharing your great experience while staying with us recently.

I am glad to read that our ambassadors have made your birthday celebration this year becomes more meaningful.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future.

Assistant Director of Rooms Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
California, USA
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My family of four visited Bangkok the week of March 9, 2014. As a Marriott Platinum member, I researched all of the available Marriott options, including the Executive Apartments. I was glad I chose the Renaissance. I believe it was the best Marriott experience we have had in the entire world, and we have been to many of them. Firstly, the Club Lounge is outstanding - the service, the food, the availability, all of it. And, the view from the Lounge - unbelievable. The breakfast was served in the Flavors Restaurant on the Mezzanine level. It was a huge international buffet - Indian, Chinese, American - tastes beyond your imagination. And, again, the service was impeccable. My point to you is, if you aren't a Platinum member, or don't have access to the lounge, buy up, it will be worth your while. Secondly, the BTS Skytrain is literally steps from the front door. It is the window to your world in Bangkok where the traffic is insane. The BTS gives you access to the subway and river boats, a must if you are to get anywhere. Thirdly, the hotel somehow remembered my daughter's birthday on Wednesday, March 12 and we had a cake waiting for us upon our return from the Elephant Day trip. I don't know how they knew this other than the copy of her passport. Another special touch. Fourthly, the rooms are impeccable. High threat sheets, complimentary water, etc. And, as we were leaving the lounge one evening, the Hotel General Manager stopped to ask us how we were doing and if there was anything he could do for us. That was a first. I give this place five stars. Thanks to all our friends in Bangkok. We love you.

Room Tip: If you are not a Platinum member, treat yourself to Club Level. You will not regret it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank flipperbigger
Dear flipperbigger,

Thanks for staying with us recently and for sharing your great experience on this travel forum.

We are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for the compliments to our Club Lounge, our breakfast, our location, our rooms. We trust that a little nice touch for your daughter's birthday brought a memorable day for her.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again when you travel to Bangkok next time. Until then, safe journey ahead.

Washington DC
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This Renaissance is centrally located near the Chidlom BTS station, so business travelers can get to CBD quickly and easily without having to worry about the legendary Bangkok traffic. The hotel is located in one of Bangkok’s most vibrant shopping districts – Ratchaprasong – where high-street fashion meets sophisticated urban lifestyles. It's steps away from soi Lang Suan, famous for its fine dining and glitzy nightlife scene.

Chidlom BTS is one stop away from Siam BTS Station, where you have MEGA shopping centers like CentralWorld - the sixth largest shopping complex in the world 550,000 square metres of shopping! - and Siam Paragon.

The hotel is set back from the main street so the surroundings are quiet and calm ... which visitors to Bangkok will appreciate after having to deal with the cacophony of Bangkok street life.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TonySh
Dear TonySh,

Thanks for sharing your experience while staying with us in this travel forum.

We are glad to read that you discovered something wonderfully new in regards to the location and the shopping areas.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us on your future visit to Bangkok.

martin
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Really nice hotel, modern but extremely comfortable. Value for money is great. Staff was very attentive. Location to train was very close. I went for a week of business then I stayed again for personal travel with family and it was just perfect. The gym is much larger than typical hotel gyms. The lounge has a great breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear frank m,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience at the Renaissance.

We are glad to read that you had a great time with us. Thanks for the compliments to our staff, our location, our gym, and the lounge.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your future visit to Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 March 2014

-Nice hotel with modern amenities and furnishings.
-Great Location(located next to Chitlom BTS station) and major shopping malls(Central Chitlom, Central World, Amarin Plaza etc).
-Courteous and helpful staff with a zeal for good customer service.
- Nice spread of menu for in room service(includes some Indian & Thai Vegetarian options along with other cuisines such as Italian, children menu etc)

Areas of Improvement

- The touch screen monitors installed in the Gym tread mills is a great idea. However, the touch screen responds to touch with great efforts or use of finger nails at a specific angle/position. Hence is pretty difficult to navigate during intensive workouts.
- Observed that the billing team had mentioned breakfast room service under incorrect heading as dinner which caused confusion and had to take time to verify the same.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

One of the best 5 stars around the Erawan, center of everything. I have rebook again the next day after my flight delay. I recommended to all if need a 5 stars service with very nice decor around Siam paragon - central world. Lovin it and definitely will try again sometimes soon.. Thanks to mr. Win, front desk, and verayut, services man, I feel great with your guys services. Last but not least, the front desk sweet, blue and yellow colour very nice!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I don't often stay in 5-star hotels; however, travelling overseas, we are afforded the luxury of doing just that because of the mitigating expense it creates on the wallet (if you know what I mean). From the minute we stepped in the lobby, we knew we were in for a treat. When we stepped off of the elevator, 15th floor, and into our room, we knew we were going to enjoy our week long stay in Bangkok! The beds were A-1 comfortable; the bathroom is awesome with a raised bathtub, absent the bear claws (:). I loved the shower (I won't give it away); the complimentary water; option for snacks/beer and soda; the lovely robes and slippers and the decorative bronze gong that accompanied the room. It was really beautiful. The staff was great, kind, understanding and VERY attentive. The buffet style breakfast was great, as was the dinner. Our bill was a bit pricey and the manager actually reduced it to practically nothing!! That is 1st Class service!! After dinner, we enjoyed the fabulous pool area - straight out of Travel Magazine...I felt like a movie star. This was our second trip to Thailand, and I must say, we will patronize this lovely hotel once again! Thank you for keeping up and staying on your A-game Renaissance!! :-)

Room Tip: The higher floors offer a spectacular view of Bangkok.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family