“Perfect place to stay”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #46 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel two times for one of the business conference. The rooms are very good and you will have everying you wish in that room. The service is good and I had comfortable sleep during night time.

Its 40 mins from Airport and its located near famous malls of Bangkok which makes it very convenient place. Buffet food is delicious and with good local food.

I love this hotel and will alwasy prefer to stay whenever I visit Bangkok.

Room Tip: As for higher floors to have great view of Bangkok.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Spark80
MarkvanderWielen, Assistant Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Spark80,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and for your continued supports to our hotel. I am glad to read that you had great time on your both occasions. I wish your business conference went well and we will have a chance to welcome you to Bangkok on your next visit.

This hotel is located on the Bangkok centrally business area so offers you the convenience getting around Bangkok.

Thanks again for staying with us.

Assistant Director of Rooms Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,433)

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Went with another friend of mine. Its away from the main stuff but for us it was ok. Hop a taxi and u are at Cowboy Street within 10mins. You pay for what you get and I would pay for this hotel over saving a few bucks for something cheaper. Even got one of the Men Spa packages.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chuckh116

Dear Chuckh116,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent visit to Bangkok.

We are glad to read that you had a great time and discovered something wonderfully new while staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit Bangkok next time.

Until then, safe journey ahead.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Renaissance Bangkok advertises itself as a true 5 star hotel. And in many areas they are. Staff is enormously helpful, friendly and the english spoken is mostly quite good. The rooms are nice, well designed and the bed's comfortable. If possible get a room high room and facing away from the entrance as they are the most quite ones. The hotel has great restaurants but as a guest do reserve especially for the buffet diner, as this venue is swamped by locals and the hotel, sadly, does not keep a few tables open for their guests. We were extremely pleased with the service given by the concierge (navigator) desk which were very patient helping us shipping some goods back home.
Overall a great experience for a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vinker

Dear vinker,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review our hotel in this forum.

We are glad to read that you had a great stay with us and nice compliments to our staff, our room, our restaurants, and our Navigator.

Our buffet restaurant is very popular for both our guests and our local people. I am glad that you had a chance to experience it.

Let us welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Bangkok. We would like you to discover something wonderfully new while staying with us again.

Until then, safe journey ahead.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

great staff from the beginning till the end
delicious meals - endless choices for buffet breakfast (western, Thai, Chinese, Indian food) all extremely tasty
very close to all places in bangkok, just opposite subway station

Room Tip: one of the best choices in BKK
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jaroslaw S,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay from the beginning until the end. Thanks for the compliments to our staff, our food, and our location.

We promise to maintain our high standard and be one of the best choices in Bangkok.

Please come back to visit our hotel on your future trip to Bangkok.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was droping by for a simple lunch with my friends at the chinese restaurant and we were talking about my birth day party in the evening which we will have at home. After the lunch, the staff have surprised me with a sorbet ice-creame and sining a birth day song to me. I was really surprised how they know if it was my birthday. The staff told me that while I was talking with a friends about the birth day party with my friends, they coun'dt help to hear my conversation. So they did what I would say a "charming services". I thought this is a really nice way of serving the guest. Thank you all of you, it made my brith day become more special this year. :).

Room Tip: Higher floors get a really nice bird eyes view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matthew E
MarkvanderWielen, Assistant Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Matthew E,

Thank you for sharing your great experience while staying with us recently.

I am glad to read that our ambassadors have made your birthday celebration this year becomes more meaningful.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My family of four visited Bangkok the week of March 9, 2014. As a Marriott Platinum member, I researched all of the available Marriott options, including the Executive Apartments. I was glad I chose the Renaissance. I believe it was the best Marriott experience we have had in the entire world, and we have been to many of them. Firstly, the Club Lounge is outstanding - the service, the food, the availability, all of it. And, the view from the Lounge - unbelievable. The breakfast was served in the Flavors Restaurant on the Mezzanine level. It was a huge international buffet - Indian, Chinese, American - tastes beyond your imagination. And, again, the service was impeccable. My point to you is, if you aren't a Platinum member, or don't have access to the lounge, buy up, it will be worth your while. Secondly, the BTS Skytrain is literally steps from the front door. It is the window to your world in Bangkok where the traffic is insane. The BTS gives you access to the subway and river boats, a must if you are to get anywhere. Thirdly, the hotel somehow remembered my daughter's birthday on Wednesday, March 12 and we had a cake waiting for us upon our return from the Elephant Day trip. I don't know how they knew this other than the copy of her passport. Another special touch. Fourthly, the rooms are impeccable. High threat sheets, complimentary water, etc. And, as we were leaving the lounge one evening, the Hotel General Manager stopped to ask us how we were doing and if there was anything he could do for us. That was a first. I give this place five stars. Thanks to all our friends in Bangkok. We love you.

Room Tip: If you are not a Platinum member, treat yourself to Club Level. You will not regret it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank flipperbigger

Dear flipperbigger,

Thanks for staying with us recently and for sharing your great experience on this travel forum.

We are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for the compliments to our Club Lounge, our breakfast, our location, our rooms. We trust that a little nice touch for your daughter's birthday brought a memorable day for her.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us again when you travel to Bangkok next time. Until then, safe journey ahead.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This Renaissance is centrally located near the Chidlom BTS station, so business travelers can get to CBD quickly and easily without having to worry about the legendary Bangkok traffic. The hotel is located in one of Bangkok’s most vibrant shopping districts – Ratchaprasong – where high-street fashion meets sophisticated urban lifestyles. It's steps away from soi Lang Suan, famous for its fine dining and glitzy nightlife scene.

Chidlom BTS is one stop away from Siam BTS Station, where you have MEGA shopping centers like CentralWorld - the sixth largest shopping complex in the world 550,000 square metres of shopping! - and Siam Paragon.

The hotel is set back from the main street so the surroundings are quiet and calm ... which visitors to Bangkok will appreciate after having to deal with the cacophony of Bangkok street life.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TonySh

Dear TonySh,

Thanks for sharing your experience while staying with us in this travel forum.

We are glad to read that you discovered something wonderfully new in regards to the location and the shopping areas.

We hope that you will come back and stay with us on your future visit to Bangkok.