Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
US$295
US$180
US$171
3,772 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at for 3 days. Convenient location right near the BTS. Room was well priced and although I didn't like the decor of the hotel, room was large with very comfortable bed and pillows. Great gym and pool

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Renaissance Bangkok. We have been to Bangkok on
numerous occasions staying at hotels in Ratchadamri road. We wanted a more centrally
located hotel and within close proximity to the main shopping area. We were certainly not disappointed. We found the staff extremely helpful and knowledgeable and on arrival were
greeted by experience and friendly staff. We were most impressed by their 'can do' attitude.
Hotels in Asia are known for their amazing buffet selections usually offering an extensive spread of both international and local cuisines, because of this I was a little surprised and disappointed that this selection did not include my favourite smoked salmon. I asked the executive chef if they served this and within a few minutes he had brought out a plate of the freshest smoked salmon. For the rest of our stay as I went down for breakfast, Chai and his staff would immediately provide me with a plate of smoked salmon. This type of service is unfortunately rare these days. Thank you Chai for your excellent service.
The rooms in the hotel were spacious, well maintained and clean. Excellent price for a 5 star quality hotel. Being a Marriott rewards member Wifi was free of charge. We had a great stay at the Renaissance and will definitely return again.

W. Chan
australia

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the 3am arrival to the arranging of the taxi including advising us what price to pay, this hotel leaves with you with a sense of the heart that is Thailand.
Our arrival a day before my travelling companion's birthday granted us an upgrade to a beautiful studio on the 19th floor. After travelling for 24 hours to arrive in this gorgeous appointed studio with double twin beds & huge bath a godsend. Blessings to the gentleman who saw our exhaustion and gave so openly and humbly without fuss or pom.

I had packed some alcoholic cider for a by the pool treat when we got to Phuket, only to find one of the six bottles had broken through my luggage, old bag brought with the intention of new purchase (as you do). I asked for a box to repack our duty free to ensure the same didn't happen in the next leg. The service this was delivered with both from the Navigator (their word for concierge, Love it) and porter was again above and beyond my expectation. With a return gift to them the 5 still in good nick alcoholic ciders gratefully received.

Breakfast, I usually go out and find some local cafe to enjoy juice, eggs and coffee, however my friend was travelling for the first time and wanted to enjoy the full options. We are both juicers and to find the option of fresh carrot and other condiments put a smile on both of our dials. They would come around daily with a small glass of a healthy smoothie different each day for you to sample. As someone who avoids wheat during my daily routine it was hard to when the array of danishes and small bagels filled with artichoke & sundried tomato were looking so scrumptious. The scallop & prawn dim sims topped off a fabulous daily start which kept me going for many hours of sightseeing and shopping.

The final extra that blew the birthday girl away, after a long day which started early to the Chatchek markets, lunch at China House and finished with a few hours of shopping we arrived back to find a stunning birthday cake in our room which was so light and yummy which seemed to be made from green tea. We devoured it with relish as we had not eaten since lunch.

To the management of the Renaissance Ratchaprasong I commend you for the training and service your team delivers. The leadership that inspires such an experience from your staff comes from happy people. It was only when we arrived at our next destination did we truly comes to realise the wonderful service we had received from the Renaissance.

Love, Light & Freedom to the team.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend taking the higher grade room, you are in the middle of Bangkok and I'm sure the noise at the lower levels could be of concern as others have mentioned.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was my second time stay. I returned to this hotel simply because of its convenient location next to Chit Lom BTS, good spread of buffet breakfast at its Flavors restaurant and good chat with the always friendly waiters and waitresses and its Manager Khun Chai, clean and very nice room, and best of all , their daily offerings of sweets at the reception counters !! I will definitely come back !!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 9 May 2014

For our 25th anniversary, we decided on a trip to Thailand.
We started in Bangkok and stayed 2 nights here.
The hotel was comfortable and the room quite spacious. The staff helpful etc.

The excursion guy in the lobby set us up to visit all the major temples and sights and the tours were exhausting but interesting - bloody hot though at this time of year......try and come when it is a bit cooler.

The hotel has a nice pool and is near the sky train terminal 21 which is handy and easy to use to get to markets etc.

The city is unbelievably busy and you take your life in your hands crossing the roads. There are overpasses, but you need to ensure you ask someone which one you need!

There are £10,000,000 people in the city and about 3,000,000 cars! There don't seem to be any traffic rules and it is a free for all, so keep your whits about you.

It is a very interesting place and we enjoyed ourselves, but as we are country bumpkins I think once is enough!

Although, perhaps one day I will pop back on my own as I understand the ladies in some of the bars play an interesting form of ping pong, which has to be seen to be believed! The wife preferred to shopping the markets this time though.

Good fun, very busy, good hotel in a good location, but watch the traffic and make use of the sky train!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple