US$127
US$117
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$286
US$271
3,905 results
All reviewscentral worldthe club loungeindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent locationrain showerbreakfast buffetbig chotel is located
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my first time staying in this hotel. The hotel is v near to the chidlom station. It was v convenient. The room was v comfortable but the pillows were v soft. We were upgraded to the executive level as I am a Marriott member. We were given adjoining rooms and we could walk through the rooms without going through the front doors. The hotel was stingy on the toiletries. 1 bath gel for 2 pax for the full day (2 showers). I did not go to the gym but my sisters did. She went to the swimming pool and found the water too cold but this is not a heated pool anyway. Breakfast was a usual 5 star hotel western spread; we paid 880 baht per pax as our room did not come with breakfast. The lift is a bit slow and u need a card to access the floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J-Lo8888
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Recently spent 4 nights here for business... must say at the outset that the staff are excellent, everyone I interacted with was, without fail, charming, cheerful, chatty and pleasant. Nice and well equipped rooms, good breakfast as well even if they could do with more chefs at the egg station to avoid the queues. The location is pretty good for shopping but not if you want to walk to any of the 'party' streets, then you need a taxi or the BTS, and there is a station very near the Hotel. Its a modern hotel, the lobby is a bit odd and I am not sure it works I guess its meant ti be hip and chique but it comes over as a bit gloomy and dark.. but that's a small point. The Hotel is set well back from Sukhumvit Road and as such the hotel bar is pretty quiet as well. The swimming pool is a bit unusual, and not in a good way, as its set into the side of the Hotel, an has a roof therefore. A good and comfortable stay though which I enjoyed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DAVID V
MarkvanderWielen, Asst. Directof or Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear DAVID V,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong in this forum. We are glad to read that you have a pleasant stay and enjoy the location of the hotel.

We appreciate your nice comments for our staff, our room, and our restaurant and that we really hope that our other guests will experience the same.

The hotel decors for modern and chic and we are sorry to know that it may not please your style. However, we are glad that your total stay was enjoyable.

We wish you a safe journey ahead and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Thanks again for choosing to stay at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel.

Kind regards,

Thanida Pisarn
Asst. Director of Rooms Operations

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've stayed there a few times in years past. This is the first time I've taken time to write a review on TA.

Modern, and well appointed hotel. "Club" rooms are very well presented and furnished well. Comfortable and large bed. Spacious working area. Spacious bathroom.

The lounge on level 21 offers a modern, yet relaxing and quiet place to work from, or to enjoy the delicious array of food presented for 4 hours from 4pm. The quality and selection of food was as good as any I've experienced in any other Marriott Group hotel's 'Club Lounge'.

Staff in all areas, but particulalrly in the 21st Floor Lounge, are excellent. Their friendliness and levels of service are exceptional.

The hotel's location gives easy access (4 minute walk) to Bangkok's BTS, or "Skytrain" as it's known. It's also a short walk to many outdoor eateries, bars and shopping malls, including the mammoth new Central World.

My only negative comment, and it is minor. Having praised the F&B fare on offer in the Club Lounge, the catering staff were rather too punctual (unusual for Asia) and too swift in removing it at 8pm. So on one evening, I arrived at precisely 8pm to find that pretty much the entire buffet was being removed. None of the staff thought to suggest, as I arrived, that they would hold on for a couple of minutes to allow me to make a quick sweep of the fare on offer. So, I was confined to a G&T and a glass of wine to accompany some cheese and buiscuits (which had not been cleared).

My fault for arriving right at the end of service I guess. But had the staff gone the extra mile and offered me a few more minutes, I'd have been wrting an "excellent" rather than a "very good" rating.

Room Tip: Higher floors give better privacy and potentially better view of the city skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
MarkvanderWielen, Asst. Director Of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear davidamacdonald8888,

Thank you for sharing your experience in this travel forum about your stay at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you have a great time here, especially the location, the room, the club lounge, and our staff services.

We appreciate your constructive comments as they tell us what we are doing well and what we need to improve. Any area for improvement will definitely share with the hotel team to make sure the services we deliver surpass our guests' expectation.

We wish you a safe journey ahead and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Thanida Pisarn
Asst. Director of Rooms Operations

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just finishing up another 4 night stay. I was upgraded to a Corner Studio which is a really nice room. Not a suite but quite large with a couch and very large bathroom with 2 sinks which I am sure couples would love. Separate toilet room but all in glass, probably not how I would have done it.

Breakfast Buffet in Flavors is good and really great employees there to get you anything you would like. As many have mentioned the location is really good in that you can walk to two of the biggest malls or just a 3-4 minute walk to the Skytrain.

But the thing thats makes this Hotel stand out in my opinion is the Executive Lounge. Pemika the Manager and her assistants make you feel like a long lost friend. They cannot do enough for you and there is always something to snack on

But at 6pm they serve what they call Canapes. I call it be careful or you will have no need or no room for dinner. There are 5 or 6 varied Hot offerings every night along with salads,cheese, pastries etc.

A Full Bar is offered with a very nice selection of wines as well as spirits. And the Refrigerator is full of juices , sodas, water etc all day for you to have or bring to your room.

There are computers and printers for your use and the people there are happy to do anything for you.

They are what makes the Ren my first choice in Bangkok!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a studio suite for 3 nights. Reasonably priced. An excellent location, very close to the BTS (chit lom) or you could just use the sky bridge to reach the various large shopping malls (paragon, central world, gaysorn, etc).

Room was nice and clean, modern of course. Wouldn't expect any less of the renaissance portfolio from Marriott. Breakfast was of a decent range.

Ultimately, what did it for me, was the excellent customer service. There were some initial mishaps, but what was more important was the quick and excellent service recovery (upon feedback). We were well taken care of. The navigator (concierge) was helpful & knowledgable.

All in all, an excellent hotel with excellent service!

Stayed: July 2014