4,015 results
All reviewscentral worldthe club loungeindoor poolchit lom bts stationstudio suiteerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent locationrain showerhotel is locatedbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Arrived in Bangkok late in the evening and after getting yo the hotel I was greeted with a warm smile, checked in and even escorted to the lift to see if I could use the room key successfully. That has never happened before. The buffet breakfast is huge and the selection is out of this world. Rooms are clean and modern with a huge bathroom. The gym has heaps of space and facilities and the outdoor pool/bar area is awesome as well. A great place if you are staying in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the city
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Adam_Murrray
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I only got to stay here for one night, but everything from the staff friendliness to the room quality to the guest facilities was excellent. It seemed like the best priced option for the the surrounding neighborhood (especially since you are pretty centrally located to anything worth seeing/doing). If/when I come back to Bangkok, I will 100% be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hayden W
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed 1 night at the Renaissance Hotel in a king room. It was GREAT. We arrived fairly late in the evening, so unfortunately the pool was closed, but the amenities at the hotel were phenomenal. Upon checking into my room, I noticed a small post-it note on my bathroom mirror that was redeemable for a free drink at the bar near the lobby--nice! The service at the bar was perfect, and they even brought out some free snacks for my friends and I while we enjoyed our drinks. The staff were friendly, but also acted like real people rather than robots (one of the bar servers was wearing a Germany jersey for the World Cup; definitely made them seem more personable). The bed was incredibly comfortable, and after a bit of confusion I figured out how to close the blinds on the glass-walled bathroom. Definitely a place I would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adam F
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is my first time staying in this hotel. The hotel is v near to the chidlom station. It was v convenient. The room was v comfortable but the pillows were v soft. We were upgraded to the executive level as I am a Marriott member. We were given adjoining rooms and we could walk through the rooms without going through the front doors. The hotel was stingy on the toiletries. 1 bath gel for 2 pax for the full day (2 showers). I did not go to the gym but my sisters did. She went to the swimming pool and found the water too cold but this is not a heated pool anyway. Breakfast was a usual 5 star hotel western spread; we paid 880 baht per pax as our room did not come with breakfast. The lift is a bit slow and u need a card to access the floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J-Lo8888
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Recently spent 4 nights here for business... must say at the outset that the staff are excellent, everyone I interacted with was, without fail, charming, cheerful, chatty and pleasant. Nice and well equipped rooms, good breakfast as well even if they could do with more chefs at the egg station to avoid the queues. The location is pretty good for shopping but not if you want to walk to any of the 'party' streets, then you need a taxi or the BTS, and there is a station very near the Hotel. Its a modern hotel, the lobby is a bit odd and I am not sure it works I guess its meant ti be hip and chique but it comes over as a bit gloomy and dark.. but that's a small point. The Hotel is set well back from Sukhumvit Road and as such the hotel bar is pretty quiet as well. The swimming pool is a bit unusual, and not in a good way, as its set into the side of the Hotel, an has a roof therefore. A good and comfortable stay though which I enjoyed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DAVID V
MarkvanderWielen, Asst. Directof or Rooms Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear DAVID V,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong in this forum. We are glad to read that you have a pleasant stay and enjoy the location of the hotel.

We appreciate your nice comments for our staff, our room, and our restaurant and that we really hope that our other guests will experience the same.

The hotel decors for modern and chic and we are sorry to know that it may not please your style. However, we are glad that your total stay was enjoyable.

We wish you a safe journey ahead and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Thanks again for choosing to stay at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel.

Kind regards,